1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

KotOR2 Thread (Questions /Comments /Criticisms) *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Enagonios, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Just finished it. I didn't encounter any bugs, except for some occaisonal ultra-slowdown that, strangely enough, could be solved by pausing and unpausing it.

The ending was, to put it kindly, disapointing. Can anyone say KOTOR 3? Or at least that's what they're setting it up for. I really liked the npcs, especially Visas :love: , Handmaiden, and Bao-Dur. And of course, everyone's favorite psychotic assassin droid, HK. The influence thing was kind of irritating sometimes. Apparently, I slammed Atton one time too many, and was never able to get his last bit of backstory. And I never got anything out of HK. Well, I guess it's time for a Dark Side character. Mira, by the way, was lame. Since I played a guy, I only saw Disciple in a few cutscenes, but he looked like Anomen all over again. G0-T0: Nahh.

Sion and Nihilous were criminally underused; Malek was a putz and he got more screen time then the two of them put together. That said, the final fight with Sion was pretty neat.

Well, here's hoping for the Restoration Project.

And geez, a little freaking closure with Revan would have been nice. Just the lottle scene with Bastilla at the end, and then Kreia's KOTOR 3 plug.

2. Dall Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I hope that they will finish the restoration project soon... It is going to be so great! I have heard, that in the end, some of your partymembers can sacrifice their lives for you. i have for example heard something about a battle between Atton and Darth Sion... Cool :D !

one of the things that disappointed me most was this thing about G0T0 and remote... What happened after the scene where G0T0 speaks to remote? I have heard that the original idea was something about that HK-47 should save remote, but I don't know if it's true...

[ May 30, 2005, 22:18: Message edited by: Dall ]

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Revival!

Anyone have news about this restoration project? :confused:

anyway, i've started another run-through. I'm playing lightside since that's usually how my inclinations lie, but i'm not going to play a sissy "please take my money, oh i deserved to be exiled" wuss :p I'm going to choose the options that i really would feel like saying in those situations, lightside/darkside points be damned :p

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Just so you know, high-quality sound (and possibly videos but I can't recall) for KotOR 2 is available at Obsidian in the form of a huge patch.

As a side-note: Any info on Bastila and Carth's relationship? Understably, they are friends and connected by another common friend, more prominent than they are. But there have been some slight potential hints in the previous game and then in the sequel too. One doesn't know if Revan is ever going to come back, either.

[ July 26, 2006, 15:40: Message edited by: chevalier ]

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

what do they contain? pretty big downloads and i don't want to find out after i take the time that i don't find them worth it anyway :rolleyes:

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just finished KotOR2 again. I'd almost forgotten how great and tragic a character Kreia was. And what an absolute ****e ending it has :bang: They better turn KotOR3 out soon, and it better not be lacking bucketloads of content like this one was :mad:

7. Slowpoke Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sit tight. Team Gizka's project is at ~80%. They'll probably have a release ready mid-October.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

woohoo! how much content is the restoration pack going to contain?

9. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hate to say it but that restoration project has been going for well over a year now. People we're guessing that it'd be done last October. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Remember folks, Obsidian is also making NWN2 so let's pray we don't see the same flaws.

All the folks who put the blame on Atari (or whomever the distributor was) are being far too kind to Obsidian, IMO.

Obsidian simply bit off more than they could chew. What game company doesn't realize the importance of deadlines? The importance of the Christmas shopping season? Of course your distributor is going to want it done in time for Christmas.

But did Obsidian edit? No, they insisted on spending countless hours putting things like useless force powers and item crafting into the game. They insisted on an enormous, convulated and muddy story line riddled with holes and inconsistencies.

The AI was horrendous. With the exception of a few "boss" enemies, no enemy jedi ever uses force powers against you nor do they ever buff themselves up with force powers, making Force Breach and that Force Shield power completely useless. If you picked them for your character you wasted a power slot. Imagine NWN2 with wizards that never cast spells! Imagine dragons that never breath fire. Oy! You can't blame all this on Atari's push to get the game on store shelves.

10. Slowpoke Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The last Work in Progress report is from July 12 2006. And the mod is at around 80% completion. This would reasonably mean that the mod will be ready come mid-autumn.

I've noticed that too. KotOR 2 was just stupidly easy, even (or rather especially) when compared to KotOR. With the exception of maybe 2 fights, I've never felt truly 'threatened' by my enemies. No Rancors, no Terentateks, no Force users, no challenge. Just run and gun/slice.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    There was some power in the enemy and I might have had to reload a couple of times. But that was number and/or stat power, yeah. Come to think of it, I didn't use Force Breach even in KotOR1, but in KotOR2 people didn't seem to use force buffs. Probably most enemies are generic thugs and Sith troopers plus the also generic but somewhat new assassins.

12. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

The first time I played KOTOR 2 it crashed frequently and was horridly, horridly buggy.

Recently I gave it another chance, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I only encountered one significant bug, and it never crashed once in the 20+ total hours I played. Once the annoyances were out of the way I found that I really enjoyed the story, but I still curse LucasArts for making Obsidian leave so much out.
    Interaction with the NPCs, for as long as it lasted, was excellent. Especially so with Atton, but sadly it cut off too early in the game. I also think that Bao-Dur really could've used more background to him.
    Also also, it really bugs me that basically all of HK-47's story, dealing with the HK-50 droids, was either cut or unfinished.

All in all, in my opinion it's a very good game that could have been magnificent.

13. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It was unfortunate that Bao-dur seemed somewhat left out of the character development... Of course, Mira and Mandalore could have had a little more about them as well.

14. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I hate this game. Even with the latest patch (played it a year or 2 ago), the game kept crashing to me at a specific point (a cutscene in an arena), where I just couldn't continue the game, which was horrible. I tried warping myself to the next area but could never continue the game since the last quest didn't trigger.

I was really liking the story, and to be cutoff like this.
    :mad:

The game itself was pretty mediocre. I won't play through that mess again. :o

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.