1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

KotOR2 Thread (Questions /Comments /Criticisms) *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Enagonios, Mar 3, 2005.

1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Sparhawk - I had that same bug but it only happened to me after I had actually crashed and failed to finish a race. When I reloaded my last save I was able to race properly, unless I crashed and forfeited again. Still, it wasn't really fun so I just grabbed the easy prizes and didn't bother trying to beat the champ.

As far as Pazaak was concerned I was disappointed - if they were going to put it in couldn't they have made it so that your opponents had a proper running bank instead of just being able to win X credits regardless of how many you had already lost? More opponents to play against would have been nice too.

I started on a Sith run last night after finishing my Jedi run on Sunday and I am willing to bet that the lame ending is identical but with different outcomes as predicted by Kreia.

I was planning on doing four runs through to try each of the male/female good/evil combinations but I am starting to have second thoughts about that.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

oh damn. :(

I'm having second thoughts about just running through a 2nd time as a sith :/

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have finished it now, and I found it so-so.

I really like the improvements to the feats system and the availability of extremely high levels - you only hardly ever achieve such levels in the game. I liked the improvements to the upgrading and the manufacturing abilities introduced with KOTOR2 - I like to finetune my chars a lot.

I was somewhat disappointed about the fact that disciple or handmaiden are only available for male or female chars, as for me diciple was most uninteresting and boring a char.

The story is, well, not so immensely amazing to me. And to be quite honest, and graphics didn't strike me as as beatiful as were the plains on Dantooine in KOTOR.

What I dislike is how bugged the game is - and that there still isn't a decent patch out adressing the various problems for the german version.

First issue was that the game sometimes went very slow all of a sudden, as if I had started defragmenting in the background while playing. A most annoying thing, as it rendered these areas of the game almost unplayable.

I had that for the first time when I went into the hot steam area in the Perragus mines - as if my char has grown roots I couldn't move him anymore, and if I do manage that after all, controlls grossly overreact. Same for the poison bar in Nar'Shadaar - pressed the w-button briefly and I was stuck at the other side of the room between the wall and an object.
    I ended up navigating the way through that area by attacking enemies and moving to them, closing in on the next door. The absence of enemies made the hot steam area extremely annoying for me to go through.

Also entering and leaving rooms was at times somewhat special in KOTOR already - if you didn't really hit the entrance right, you'd had to maneuver. In KOTOR2 this was the norm.

So, in summary, I'm angered as for the playability of KOTOR2. With a brandnew Athlon XP 3000+ and a GF-3/ 64 KOTOR2 shouldn't suddenly be a problem where KOTOR wasn't one for a Athlon 650/ GF-3/64. Same engine in the end. Bleh.

:mad: Burn the X-Box! :mad:

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Meh.

Give us a source engine-powered Kotor III featuring Revan and the Exile as the two main characters.

Better podracing, combat animations, panem et circenses and ... a decent plot for force's sake!

And don't release it halfway through development, damn it. Look at Blizzard, they seem to prefer delaying release by a year and sell decent games, but I don't think they make less dough this way.

<I can't rant enough about this>

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yea, happened to me too :mad:

@Oxymore

Yeah, I'd rather have waited for them to release it later but unbugged and with more closure for christ's sake! :/

6. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

SPOILER

Mine crashed when i was training haindmaiden, when it went to the betrayal scene it came back as a black screen. It worked wen i loaded up again. I agree the ending was terrible. The first one ending, twist etc were really cool. But how could you kill Kreia and not yourself if you have this special bond thingy. And also the "romances" were crap. But i could still play this game again though. Despite its many flaws it can be enjoyable.

7. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Kreia and the Exile does not have such a fatal Force bond after all, since they do not exist. (Notice that none of the Jedi Masters have even heard of this)

Kreia was simply lying to you.

8. Dall Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't think anyone has posted this:
    http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764&st=120 on this page, you can find some audioscenes with Atton. a fan has put this together.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764&st=18 and on this page you can read the dialogue, who should have been in the end, if obsidant had got a little more time...

jesper898, i know that you have some more audio files who should have been in the game (there is an especially good one with HK47 who's acting Carth and says "Master, i do not trust you! i cannot trust you! I cannot trust anyone!) Could you please give us the link to a page where these files can be found?

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

http://tubertarian.com/kotor2missingcontent.php This site contains some of the cut stuff. (Scripts and audio files)

By the way, apparently Obsidian asked Lucasarts if they could make a content patch with the original ending, the droid factory and whatever else was cut due to time constraints.
    They have not recieved any answer from Lucasarts yet, so it is uncertain whether of not they will get to do it.

Let's hope the Force is with them! :tie:

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

jesper898, i know that you have some more audio files who should have been in the game (there is an especially good one with HK47 who's acting Carth and says "Master, i do not trust you! i cannot trust you! I cannot trust anyone!) Could you please give us the link to a page where these files can be found?

That particular sound bite is actually in the game; you can hear it if you get enough influence with HK I think. I know I heard it last game. He also rips into Bastila. "Let us press our fleshy lips together!"

11. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Ah, interesting. I did not know that. I'll check that out next time I replay it.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

because it keeps hanging and rendering my saves unplayable, i've decided to give up my 2nd game :mad: so would someone just tell me what are the biggest differences between a lightside and darkside player, plotwise? ending, etc. I mean, for sure with a darkside char you can no longer have the confrontation where kreia kills the 2 jedi masters, so what takes the place of that?

Also, does influence actually get you anything with the other characters? Aside from handmaiden and atton (who you can turn into jedi) and Kreia (who you get a movie and some xp from) does influence get you anywhere with the other party members?

13. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You can turn Bao-Dur and Mira into Jedi as well. HK will teach you some killing tips. You can upgrade T3 and get him and yourself some stats. Hanharr will gain (and lose) some stats also.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

If you get enough influence with GOTO you can find a lot more about his back story.

Disciple can be turned into a Jedi although this is really tough to accomplish as a Sith as you seem to receive automatic influence penalties just for being a Sith.

Hanharr's stat shift is bugged in that it can be repeated for infinite XP and dark side points - plus you can turn Hanharr into a virtually unstoppable killing machine. If you do this several times his intelligence penalties take him below zero which wraps back to 255 resulting in him being super strong and super intelligent.

I finished my second game last night - the Sith ending is pretty well the same as the Jedi one, only slightly more boring if you can believe that. :rolleyes:

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Just a clarification, when you mention disciple are you referring to visas, the handmaiden or someone else? :confused:

ah, but only if you use them a lot? bec in my last game I'd only speak to them while in the ebon hawk and I wasn't getting any dialogue options.

That is kinda hard to believe :rolleyes: ah well, I just restarted a KotOR1 game :D so far, I've just entered the sewers of Taris and am still managing it with a level 2 Soldier ;)

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well, with all of the potential Jedi you need to get quite a few influence points - I actually didn't have any real problem with this in my first game (light side) but I was fairly balanced in using all of the non-droid characters.

Disciple/Handmaiden make up one of the two either/or pairs of characters (Mira/Hanharr being the other pair).

If you play as a female character you get Disciple in your party, if you play as a male character you get the Handmaiden. Disciple is the guy you met in the ruins of the Jedi enclave when you went looking for Master Vrook.

17. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sorry to ressurect the thread, but I just finished it.
    /sobs uncontrollably
    Aaaand yet again, we place our enjoyment in the hands of the unpaid mod-makers who might add the other parts and FINISH the game.

What a let down.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

welcome to the club hehe.

19. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Like most folk, I found the game to be lacking in areas, but then again, I thought some ares could have been skipped (walking actross the surface of Malachor and slaughtering butt-monkeys through the Trayus academy when it could have gone straight to Sion, for a couple). Also, I wanted to play Revan, not one of his bumsucking generals. Although the scene where he rams the lightsaber through the Jedi stone was really cool and gave me a slight liking for the character :)

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Um...I just finished this myself...GOD what an AWFUL ending...

The game started off beautifully...and there was even a "WTF?! This can't be happening!!" on Dantooine at the Jedi Council...but after that, it just went downhill. I mean...WHY did Kreia lose her Force Power connection? Why does she keep going on about "In every age, there must be a Darth Traya?" What was she trying to teach me?

The story was all over the place in this one, KOTOR 1 was sooooo much better.

But atleast, the game play was pretty cool...while the game actually ran, of course. In my case, I was lucky to get 15-20 mins of gaming done at a stretch, until it crashed. Bah.

Never again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.