1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

KotOR 2 problems

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by joacqin, Aug 5, 2005.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Man, this must be the buggiest game ever. I am not even sure I managed to install it and I sure as hell cant play it. When I start the game I get a black screen of death after the credits (must restart computer manually) and when I try to install the patch it stops at 97% and says swpc_tex_tpa.erf doesnt match between update and original so I should go screw myself.

When I installed the game I got a bunch of funky error messages about models.bif file dont match setups .cab file, got that one several times but when I clicked try again things seemed to work.

I have read through the offical troubleshooters and nothing seem to apply to me and I sent a mail to tech support but I reckon that isnt very reliable so I put my hope into the wizards of sorcerers to put my mind at rest. :)

I am pondering turning the cds into images and installing them through them as I know that my cd drive has some quite serious issues. That is the only idea I myself have but I wonder if that would help seeing as the game is offically already installed and a reinstall would perhaps not work.

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sounds like your cd's are faulty. Mine works flawlessly. I'd see if I could get a new copy if I were you.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've played it as an image too. In this case it was a DVD version, but it was my brother's. I took his copy and installed it on my harddive, after all, what else are brothers for ? :D

Anyway, the game was fairly new back then, and there wasn't a no cd/dvd patch available at that time (not sure if there's one now). And since my brother naturally wanted his copy back right away, i had to come up with something different, which in this case was a fixed image, mounted with Daemon Tools.

I must say that i enjoyed this game very much, and apart from the textboxes which occasionally went on a rampage, i haven't encountered any major bugs, so my guess is that you just have a bad copy. If i were you, and i'd still have my receipt, i'd bring it back to the store, and demand a new copy.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

lucky you. mine would lag like hell sometimes and restart on others, rendering the last save file useless..

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

What are your specs then ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.