1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kingdom of SP - Characters

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Aikanaro, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

There aren't a lot chars in this thread...
    Wasn't it supposed to contain characters no discussions?

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

No discussions? I don't see why not? :confused:

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There would need to be a bit of discussion - though I agree there are not many characters, seeming as Daie d'Malkin has two characters I presume hat we are allowed more than one?

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

*Points at several posts that indicated that more than one character is allowed*

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yippee - just making sure - in that case.

Se'Varisse
    Female
    Drow

Se'Varisse is a young drow, while venturing on the surface with a few of her sisters and brothers they were seen by a large group of rather angry humans. Her brothers proceeded to attack with crossbows while her sisters began spells and summonings, her brother Sae'Dral was casting his magic and trying to get Se'Varisse out the way when three elves came to the humans aid, presuming the Drow had atacked them. It was a ruthless fight where Se'varisse was useless, her siblings were quickly subdued from the opponents attacks and two of her brothers lay dead along with her sister, Mae'ra. Sae'Dral was left bleeding on the ground while her remaining sister fled, she cowered by her dying brother until the humans dragged her away, they were laughing and talking in a strange language she couldn't understand. They bound her up and sold her as a slave in a nearby town. Soon afterwards she escaped and fled with Taluntain and the others hoping to find her kind once more - or at least learn the strange language spoken here.

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

3e doesn't let a paladin be anything else than LG. Not without losing all kinds of divine graces and benefits they might enjoy.

Anyhow, Lokken is a High-Elf necromancer who fought his way into a tomb after a source of great knowledge. Finding a library, he stayed and studied till ages past, through his crystal ball he follow the events of the world above.
    In his time in the depths, his being became partially mixed with the darkness, and he ponders if he now can survive moving out the in sunlight. Although preferring to stay, someone would probably drag him out in order for him to move outside.

[ July 17, 2003, 12:30: Message edited by: Lokken ]

8. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Okay well bouncing off of the idea that a whole bunch of the people became lycanthropes and so they were all killed (see the Playground thread) I'm going to go with the theory that there were a group of elves who were able to build up a resistance to lycanthropy but in order to do so they had to learn how to change into wolves at will and so began the start of the lythari (if you have all the additions to the 2ed Monster Manual you'll find lytharis listed as elves that can turn into wolves and thus have their own sperate society.)

So Silverwolf would sort of be one of the really early ones who learned this defense mechanism and thus might sort of be a pack leader. However my character would be Little Tiger -- a very young, equivalently 12 years old lythari -- and all of her family got destroyed either by the plague or a rampaging horde of orcs. But she hasn't actually earned her name yet (lytharis earn their name by proving that they have grown up/matured) so at the moment she's trying to do that and somehow avenge her old tribe.

Stats:
    Dex -- 17
    Str -- 11
    Con -- 9
    Int -- 16
    Wis -- 14
    Cha -- 15

(I hope that wasn't really over-powered, I have major adding problems. As an explanation she's got a "high" charisma mostly because she's 12 years old, all alone and everyone who comes across her thinks she's helpless, innocent and sort of cute in that way.) She also wears a very large (even more so for her) red cloak that has some sort of magic (but she doesn't know what) that's fastened with a wolf-print button. Also a very magical staff (again she has no idea what it does and so only uses it as a normal staff except when it does something she doesn't expect) that was her mothers.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What's this got to do with anything? You know we aren't using 3e rules, it's freestyle.

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Well he just said he loved 3e D&D in his creation of that character. I'm just clearing out the rules for that system.

11. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Derrar Shargarn
    Human
    Fallen Paladin
    Chaotic Good

Str 16
    dex 12
    con 17
    int 09
    wis 13
    cha 15

Derrar once became a Paladin, and served long years in the name of his god. After someyears he met his woman and soon they married and get some children. When he was almost 50 years old, he went on a mission for his order. But as he returned, looking forward on seeing his family again, his hole life changed. The village he lived in was burned down, and all people were dead. He run towards his house, and found his wife near death in the ruins. Before she died in his arms, she told him that a group of nomads had destroyed the village and stole what they could carry. He runned out of the house and followed the footprints to the nomads. As he saw them he could not controll his wrath any longer. He killed men, women and even children in his rage, unable to forgive that they had done. After he realized what he did, he falled on his knees, cryed and prayed to his got he may forgive him. But the few that escaped told everywhere what he had done, and so he was no longer welcome anywhere in the land. As he heard that a group under the prophet Taluntain founded a settlement on [name of the island], he decided to go where to restart his life...

Apearance: Derrar is a tall man with brown hair with a little bit grey in it. He has got a huge beard (like a dwarf), and he seems to be a bit sad all the time.

I hope it sounds not to silly, i normally play more 'heroic' persons

12. New Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Name: New (No, well that's the name he goes by now)
    Class: Archmage

St: 5
    Dx: 18
    Con:12
    Int: 24 (Wayyyy too much time taken to make this stat THAT high)
    Wis: 9
    Cha: 4

New is a boy with no social life. He therefore spends much of his time reading and writing spellbooks. He started his life in a large port town, full of wizards and knights and the such, whom traveled in it due to the large amount of trade there. He was the son of a great wizard, and the wizard continusly tought New magic. When the sorcerer died, New wandered the city alone, until he found a retired knight named Keitaro. New lived with him for a time, New still studying magic. After a while, though, New decided to leave, and return later. He did, and eventually wandered into a forest, after meeting many people, including Drizzit, whom asked for help with Gnolls, and proceeded to annihlate them, while New sat down on a rock and watched, blasting a couple a stray Gnolls with a fireball at one time. In this forest, he met a Invoker by the name of Lina Inverse. She took New in, and he learned magic from her for a couple of years. She was a very good mage, dispite her inability to use enchantments and such. Eventually, she said that New should go learn some stuff in [Insert country name here] and kicked him out of her tower (Literally) And told him to go get a item called The Ultama Stone. She then said that if he did so, she would teach him her created spells. And so New went to find this damn stone....

Equipment.

Traveler's Robe

Sling +1

Bracers of defense ac6

Amulet of Protection +1

Cloak of Protection +2

Ring of Wizardry

Ring of Infaravision

Has one point in missle weapons.

No speacial abilities.

Spells

Fireball x 3

Lightning bolt x 3

Magic missle x 9

Knock x 2

Know alignment x 1

stinking cloud x 2

dire charm x 1

claryvoiance x 2

Demension door x 3

shadow door x 4

Current Main quests

Finding the Ultama Stone

Current subquest: N/A

OK.. this good?

13. Rotku

Sorry New but I'm going to have to say no to that question you asked at the end.

First of all we are not playing D&D.
    By the sound of it you rolled the dice. This is fine but just a reminder that we are playing freestyle. Do you relise how cleaver 24 Int is?

And this invoker, Lina Inverse, unless we are having NPCs (can't remember if we are going to or not. Aik?) if you are going to actully meet her you will have to find an SPer to be her.

I have a feeling we are going to come across some very big problems soon involving the characters of many people.

And Aik, where's your character?

14. New Gems: 3/31

Yes, I DO realize how cleaver that is. Do you realize how many other stats I had to kill to get that far? Besides, other People have all sorts of personaly figures that are alive/ dead in their bio's. And who says the damn quest will ever be complete? And in all likelyhood, there will be NPC's, mainly because, like it or not, there is NOT A SPELL THAT CAN DO WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO RIGHT NOW! Wizards cannot wiggle their fingers once or twice a year and get all that stuff! It's not magicly possiple anywhere. Magic takes away energy from...

A. Oneself - This would kill a human.
    B. Others - This would half kill the nation.
    C. The gods - Do you really want to scrafice people?

Do realize that everything comes at once, and that would mean the energy expended to make farm stuffers manually throughout the months would kill about fourty men if taken all at once.
    b.

15. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

New, they are playing freestyle. Which means that they can say that, for example, the wizard/ess wiggles his/her fingers while wearing special gloves made of pink dragon hide which stop A,B,or C happening. Everybody rejoices.

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] If there are NPCs they'd either have to be controlled by a DM or generic.

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I'd prefer generic so we have a little free rein, instead of having every NPC interaction go thru the DM crew. However, there should be guidelines to prevent monopolization of NPCs - like you can dictate more than N consecutive actions for any NPC, there has to be a break of M actions before you can grab that NPC again, etc.

18. New Gems: 3/31

But then there's the character's mom/dad wishing them a good adventure, blahblah, and a master....

Freeform and godmoding are two different things.

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    There's a difference between an NPC taking an action that has an effect on the overall plot and someone just passing through for color. For example, I wouldn't consider an interaction with an unnamed shopkeeper that establishes So-and-So as a weak bargainer in the same light as an encounter with a shopkeeper who happens to be a spy for the rebels, and passes along word that a garrison is being armed.

20. New Gems: 3/31

It's only the plot for one-two PC's...

And yes, it may affect the way that the PC that the one person affects the story for acts... but that's probably what the person would do anyway. My character is out for the Ulatma stone. Anyone with a high want for a magical item of some sort would act the same way I would to get it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.