1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kingdom of SP - Characters

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Aikanaro, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'd say 72 should be fine. But much more than 80 might be a bit to much.
    But Stats points arn't the only way to be overpowered are they.
    Take this for an example.
    I might be a elf.
    Strength 9
    Dexerity 11
    Constitution 14
    Wisdom 5
    Intellegence 14
    Cirisma 2
    Which totals up to 55.
    But then I might have this amazing inherited ability to be able to summon a great white dragon, when ever I wanted, to do my biding.
    An exreme example but you get the point?
    (sorry about the spelling, I'm really tired and not thinking straight)

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sure you COULD always be überpowerfull that way. But who wants to have a measly white dragon at their side? If someone just summon his white wyrm I will summon Klauth. :)

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Do our stats have to be D&D? Because I'm used to using point systems. I suppose I could transfer it though.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No NPC's dammit. If you want another character, thats fine, but it should really have very little to do with your other one, and should be roleplayed as you would your main character.
    And damn I feel lazy lazy, but hey, I just can't be bothered posting my character at the moment.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Charisma 2? That's like, the responsive level of a lizard, and close to a rock. Not possible within D&D stats.

And no NPCs? Seems tough to me, seeing as how we don't have any farmers, merchants, government officials, etc. for the day-to-day processes. Oh, well.

7. Register Gems: 29/31

@Oaz - It was just an example the thing with 2 in charisma.

And also, we have decided that it will be some mages that will take care of the day-to-day process.

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Ah, I see.

*grumble*

We don't have any wizards/sorcerers/mages yet.

Hmph.

9. Register Gems: 29/31

I think that 8people said that she was going to be one. Not sure though.

[OFF-TOPIC]And I will be the first to congratulate you on your 2000th post. :cool: [/OFF-TOPIC]

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yep - I'm going to be a sorceress!

Octara
    Fallen Avatar
    Female
    Sorceress
    Chaotic Neutral

Str - 10
    Con - 12
    Dex - 15
    Wis - 14
    Int - 17
    Cha - 11

Are those stats okay?

11. Register Gems: 29/31

They sure are, if I have counted right(just did a fast fly-thru) you have 79 points, just like me. But I have to say that the monk written before by Acrones of th Old Order was a real powergaming character:

Str:18
    Dex:17
    Con:16
    Int:14
    Wis:18
    Chr:03
    Tot:86

Not much more points but a monk with the stats like this? Powergaming I say.

But I am not one to flame so I will let him keep his character without futher flaming from me.

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm, I suppose mine is overpowered, I'd made it on BG as a test.

how about this:
    Str - 10
    Con - 11
    Dex - 14
    Wis - 12
    Int - 16
    Cha - 11

13. Register Gems: 29/31

The first one wasn't overpowered. But if you want this one instead then OK, you can.

And I take it you a referring to 2e? Because in 3e a sorceress with 11 in charisma isnt good at all.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I think I'm confused. I'm too used to my own ruleset. Where Sorcerers use intelligece for spells.

I'll probably stick with my first set of stats then.

15. Register Gems: 29/31

So 8people, you work in the goverment, doing some magic a year so we can have our food and lumber and such, and is a chaotic neutral character? That seems a little...

...odd. But it's your character. :)

J/K :D

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Have any of you ever read "Song of Sorcery" by Elizabeth Scarborough? I think I'll make Amelia a hearth-witch in the model of Maggie Brown, with a hobby of herbalism. Who knows what she can accomplish within those guidelines?! ;)

Revised stats:
    ST: 9
    CO: 12
    DE: 9
    WI: 16
    IN: 15
    CH: 11

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Just a thought, what does it matter about your stats? This is a free form game, stats aren't really used except to get a feel for your character.

18. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Thats what I was trying to say with my last post. Well sort of.

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    True, but stats are the only mutual context we have for conveying that initial "feel."

20. Rotku

Or every one could just write a five thousand word essay on their character. I think this way everyone would get a feel of other peoples character. Ashuming anyone can be bothered to read the posts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.