1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing the Silver Dragon?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Marck, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Silver Sword is considered as +3. Yet the Vorpal Hits make up for that :D

2. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I really don't think you should go after Adalon, the silver dragon, since if you do you'll also have to fight your way throught the drow city. You might as well ram your head into a 5-foot thick brick wall and expect to break it. This translates to "I sure as H*LL couldn't kill her, so I wouldn't ask anyone else to."

3. C'Jakob Guest

Actually, fighting the drow city isn't as difficult as it sounds; just a haste spell, then zip from the temple to the exit. Most of the drow are not exceptionally hard, although their magic resistance makes casting Horrid Wiltings and Fireballs less effective when you want to clear out a group of drow.

As for Adalon, I wouldn't imagine her being that hard; perhaps on a level or two higher than Firkraag or Thaxxll'sillya (sp, of course ;)). I've never fought her myself seriously, so I wouldn't know. But seeing how among the dragons in Chapter 7 are not as difficult as Firkraag, Adalon is probably not that hard as Faerus describes.

4. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Sorry if I sounded like a complete pansy, but the average level in my company when I met Adalon was 12, so my company got whipped, and I also tried (foolishly) fighting my way through the Drow city. I didn't last very long, 10-20 minutes.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really must brag alittle here, first the drow city is easily destroyed on almost any levels, atleast if you have more than one able melee fighter. There are no highlevel enemies that makes it very hard. Just give it another go.
    Adalon is another matter, I have fought her twice, first time she killed me easily and I needed plenty of reloads to kill her. Her cone of cold hurts! The second time I just wacked her to death. But she isnt invincible at all! Not much harder than the other dragons. And it is a great fight! Lousy reward though.

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

With my evil party I just took Adalon's quest and gave the real eggs to the matron mother's daughter. That demon blew my cover though, so I had to fight my way out. No challenge, there was nothing more than a few shopkeepers, commoners, and low level mages in the city. Then I progressed to wipe the floor with Adalon. The skin armour was a disappointment though, it was quite useless.

Anyway, does the drow city have any challenge if you walk in without disguise? It sure hasn't when you're walking out.

7. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Human Flesh Armor is a decent armor... but the things you have to do for it :(

Well at least you get the pleasure of whacking Adalon (56k exp), whacking the entire drow city (which was just fun :D), whacking a lesser demon, which yup, was also fun. And also watching Phaere & the Matron Mother screaming in agony.

The walk-in, I have never tried, the walk-out was kinda easy.

8. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I like to buy a bunch of slaves and leave them standing around in various areas before I go into the temple. As soon as my cover's blown, the little beasties start fighting for me.

I managed to get through it with a sorcerer pc and imoen (SK'd to a pure thief). Sorcerers aren't much use on large numbers of drow, but a hasted backstabber gets to paint quite a few hash marks on the fuselage. :1eye:

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you manage to fight the demon the matron mother summons you might actually get a real good fight! That is one of the best fights in the game! Immune to almost everything. Try to fight him you wont be disapointed :D

10. C'Jakob Guest

Very difficult, especially if you're not willing to do a Slayer Change, or don't have Carsomyr. Only +5 weapons can hurt the Demon Lord, and then there's Mrs. Adulace to deal with, then the executioners and priestess in the temple. But the last few, you can just run away from.

11. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I haven't tried it, but I heard that Bolt of Glory is very effective, since it deals 10d6 to demons bypassing magic resistance.

12. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

I haven't fought this demon, so I'm not sure how to fight it, but if it's at all like the demon in the bar that you fight, and you have the cloak of mirroring it shouldn't be too hard. Of course if the demon's anything like a balor, the best thing I could suggest would be summonings to distract the demon, and then just plain old hack-and-slash, there's plenty of decent weapons you can get from the drow if you decide to kill them first. (I did actually go back and fight in the drow city, I got whipped again, but only because Jaheira and Aerie got panicked and ran right into the heart of the city, leaving the rest of my company without magical support and Jan's not much good at combat magic, so he couldn't help.)

13. C'Jakob Guest

The demon is nothing like the Nabassu (the one in the drow tavern), or even the balor. It is much harder, unless you have a +5 weapon or several Bolts of Glory.

14. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I haven't fought it but I wont want to until I'm ready (level 15 at least!) And about fighting the silver dragon only an evil company should do that.

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Instead of killing Adalon why don't you try pickpocketing her? I also did that with the Golem in Irenicus's Dungeon, he has the key to open the doors, take the Key and then activate him, he'll walk into doors:D

Adalon should be quite easy to pickpocket, though, where are her pockets?

And the guys name is the third/fourth name down I think, can't remember but it was EASY to work out!

[This message has been edited by 8people (edited April 21, 2002).]

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Are you sure dragons are pickpocketable?

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, I could on the Shadow Dragon, it was by accident but it worked!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.