1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Irenicus In Hell

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Cerryl, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Did anyone else find fighting Irenicus in Hell was so much easier than fighting him in the Underland. I was rather disappointed by that final fight. The demons were a pushover and then when it came to Irenicus he didn't cast any really damaging spells like time stop so he was just hacked to pieces by my fighters (once I got rid of his portections that is). I suppose it would have been harder if I had tried to fight all 5 of them at the same time but where's the strategy in that?

2. No strategy, but plenty challenge. I prefer taking them all at once, because I hate thinking - thinking is overrated.

3. Snowlock Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i was disapointed too.the bg1 final battle was definately too easy(i only needed 3 tries)but the bg2 final battle is even worse.it takes some skill to get to hell ;),but the final fight was a laugh.i went in without strategy,just wanting to see what tricks irenicus had up his sleeve...before i knew it i had killed his lust slaves and him with Jaheira being the only one scratched(and i mean scratched!).they should have mad it as tough as the end of IWD :(

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The first time I tried that battle, my entire party got slaughtered, and that was before i even got round to attacking Irenicus. It was weird, because the second time, I breazed through, my only casualty being Jan, who I ressurected. After the first attempt at this battle, you know what's coming, so it's much easier.

5. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, but that's only if you realize that you die instead of Irenicus if you're the Slayer. I must have tried that final battle a dozen times before realizing what was going on.

After the fight at Suldenessellar (sp?) Jeheira got splattered all over the screen, so I had to defeat Hell with 5 characters.

This might sound reasonable, but none of my characters had reached the XP cap, and I completed the game in less than 73 game days.

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I thought the demons were a nice challenge when facing them all at once. Irenicus was way to easy though. Once I got to him, all I had to do was blast away at his protections(easy with 3 mages) and I could have soloed him. The toughest part I though was when I tried to solo Sarevok. He and his 550+ hp almost bested me. Haven't tried the green dragon yet though. Those beholders were annoying only because I got imprisoned twice. Not fun at all :) I thought the battle on the tree of life was a lot easier than the final battle, maybe it was because it was just us against Irenicus, and not 4 bad ass demons.

7. Kermit Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] No, REALLY not easy, and I'd love to know how it was easy for you! I can kill all the deamons with no problem and the 1st slayer. The hidden enshouded slayer sneaks off and regenerates like mad until all of my characters die. What am I doing wrong?? HELP! AND I have a 19th level fighter!

8. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You only need to post that message once. Take care, else Sorcerer's wrath may come upon thee!

[This message has been edited by Lothar (edited June 08, 2001).]

9. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Perhaps if there were four Adamatine golems instead of the four demons it would have been mutch harder. :D

10. ayecapitan Guest

Make a try
    Protect all from evil afore the battle
    Cast true sight (2 times during the battle was enough fer me)
    Kill demons first (methinks, they are summoned and can be annihilated with death spell, as those devourers in the Underdark
    If ye have a good tough fighter, make him regenerate
    Breach (spell, I mean) Irenicus (He'll recast protections again, or maybe he even has a spell trap, so breach him pperiodically)
    Kill him.
    ps If ye want spells, Khelbens Warding Whip shall help ye

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited June 08, 2001).]

11. shadow_thief Guest

i killed sarevok in BG 6 times...then my BG2 game got like stuck or somthin so im only in the underdark doin wats-his-names quests. also this is funny, my dad tried to kill irenicus 10 times b4 he actually created a thingie to stop him.

12. Wizard advocate Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Shadow_thief, your dad plays BG2?! :) , way cool! Er.. mind if we swap dads for a while?

13. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sarevok has a 550+ HP? i thought he was real tough and strong but never realized it was that much!!!! I had to play tag with him! 4 archers/slingers shot at him while he chased me or Minsc.. so while he chased me round those circles... minsc hit him from the back with the occasional successful hit doing 2-30 points using Celestial Fury.. then Sarevok would turn around and chase Minsc where I would occasionally hit that bugger for 25 HP using Crom Faeyr..

as for those demons... I casted Protection from Evil before I knocked on Jon's door... then I soloed him while the other 5 hacked and slashed at the demons and fiends one by one....

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

550, What makes You say that? Sarevok's wraith regenerates in my game AFAIK (could be my bad memory) so the slower You kill him the "more" HP he has.

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

one of the developers wrote somewhere that boosting dragons with hit points wouldn't make them that much harder, since they allready had given wraith sarevok 550hp, and players defeated him.

something like that anyway. It was on the news quite some time ago

16. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

How many HP-s do dragons have in BG2? 200? 250?

Does it apply to the 3 rd editon rules?

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

150 I think, though I would believe it differs from dragon to dragon

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited June 11, 2001).]

18. Smudgebutton Gems: 1/31

Personally I thought Seravok was a breeze, at first he blew my party to pieces, and then I had no way to ressurect any of my people with Arie (sp) and Jaheria gone, so I started over, I decided to see what would happen if I summoned a Golem to do battle with him, and surprisingly, Sarevok didnt even harm the Golem, no damage done, and the Golem just wailed away at his health and I just attacked with everyone and it was that simple. However, I cant defeat Irenicus, I have a 19th level fighter, I can take care of his demons no problem, but when it comes to actually fighting the Slayer-Irenicus he kills all my mages before I can dispel all of his protections, :p I need help

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow, I think you win at the oldest thread ressurrected contest.

Your mages need to be protected so Irenicus does not engage them. That means either they must use spells to prevent him from attacking them or you must engage him with the tanks first. Jaheira with stone skins makes an excellent tank. Who do you have with you?

Have everyone hasted -- a hasted mage is a good thing. Stone skin's are in order as is mirror image and project image, improved invisible is good as well (hopefully one of your mages has the Staff of the Magi). If you can get Irenicus-slayer to target one character (and that character is hasted) you can run around until his protection wear off and then attack.

20. BEASTMASTER Gems: 1/31

ive been stuck on the last fight with irenicus for a while now and can kill all his monsters that he summons but once i kill all of them i cant kill that slayer that regenerates health or the ball of magic and my characters dont have any spell that can remove magic. what shud i do?:wail:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.