1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing everyone!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by david w, Feb 21, 2004.

1. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

In an attempt at doing something different, I'm thinking about playing through the entire BG series and massacring everyone I come across. No particular reason for doing this other than sheer bloodlust and novelty value but I figured it might be quite interesting. So...

As far as the SOA portion of the game is concerned, what's the best way to go about killing everyone. I want to complete as many of the quests as I humanely can so vital NPCs that give quests or move the storyline on in any way are off the kill list (at least until they've served their purpose). I obviously need to side with Bodhi because that way I get to kill the vampires AND the shadow thieves. And I'm hoping to get all the paladin quests from the Order, though I realise this might be tricky because I'll have a reputation of 1 at the time and they might refuse to have anything to do with me.

Also, which NPCs do I take with me? All the goodie types are out because they'll throw a hissy fit once I start dismembering the locals so I guess this leaves me with the likes of Korgan, Viconia, Yoshimo, Jan and...

So... opinions. Anyone done this before and succeeded? Failed? Got so cheesed off with the cowled enforcers jumping them every five minutes that they gave up?

2. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hm... isn't everybody hostile towards you if your reputation drops below a certain point? If you really wanted to do it, you could either wait until the end of chapter 6, after you've finished all the quests, to do it, or you could just start gating in a lot of demons and letting them do your dirty work. But then, what's the fun in that?

Sounds like a great idea for a screw around run through the game. Wonder how much XP those small children give...

3. david w Gems: 19/31

Does everyone turn hostile if my rep's bad enough? I thought it was just certain characters (like the goodie two shoe soldiers and knights of the order). I've never had a reputation lower than 5 or 6 before so I couldn't say for certain.

Might still be worth a try provided the quest-giving NPCs stay neutral. I'd imagine there's a failsafe built into the game that stops them turning hostile because that would wreck the whole game for you.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Just do all the 'good' quests excluding Bhodi then slaughter everyone once you hop on the ship to spellhold apart from the elves. As far as I know the elves at the underdark exit can only only be killed once you have revealed the way to the elven city.

Once in the elven city you can kill everyone and anyone.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

My party once got attacked by Cowled Wizards in the Slums District because I accidentally clicked on a Stoneskin spell.

There were at least a half-dozen commoners around, and three children.

My party did not kill a single commoner but the Cowled Wizards, with their errant fireballs, lightning bolts, ice storms, etc wiped the entire area clean of all the puny 3-5 hp peasant cattle.

Bhaal was pleased that day. :evil:

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Or at least he would be... if he was still alive. Methinks Beshabba, Talos or Cyric would have enjoyed that reckless destuction and slaughter of innocents a bit more than something that is already dead...

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

This is definately an interesting idea, and sounds FUN. And I would suggest if you want to keep your reputation up so that you don't get into too much trouble, donate money. You can be evil and take advantage of the rep you gain from donating, (it's like 5k gold to go from 1 to 12 I believe!). I might try this later :D

8. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

If you start killing people in Athkatla while your characters are at low-level, you will certainly be visited by Cowled wizards and they will slay you easily. I don't know whether you were thinking on this but you need higher levels (or cheat) to face the cowled ones. By the way, this playing style is extremely boring and stupidness IMHO.

9. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If you want to succeed with this I think you´ll need to play the game pretty much like you usually do. So that you get all the questexperience. And then start killing everyone in chapter 6. You might want to start killing everyone in Brynnlaw and forward though. Although, be sure not to kill Elhan until you get into Suldanesselar...

Maybe alittle off topic...
    I´ve played like this in both Fallout 1 and 2 cuz I heard you´d complete the game if you killed everyone. It sure was pretty boring, as Baronius said. And add to that the fact that the overseer couldn´t be killed in #1. Guess if I was pissed since he was the one I tried to kill last.

So, go ahead m8, but dont count on having to much fun.

10. david w Gems: 19/31

Cowled wizards aren't that difficult to defeat at low level. You just have to run off from them and keep running till they exhaust their spells. Then run back and pound 'em.

As to whether it'll be "boring" and "stupid" - who knows? I've only just got out of Irenicus' dungeon so the only people I've brutally massacred so far are evil anyway.

And it certainly makes a change from playing a holier-than-thou character. ;)

11. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Haha, true, and if you wanna modify it a little, you can make it a slaughter of anyone you see, rather than everyone. Killing 'everyone' would end up being boring, cuz you would have to walk around and literally... kill everyone! :p

But if you just walk around and kill people that stand in front of you, it'll sure as hell be funny, (get out of my way Harlet *WHACK*). :rolleyes:

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    ... Hilarious

Someone lock this person up! ;)

13. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

But honestly, haven´t you all felt more than once:

"I´d like to kill this arrogant bastard, but I dont want to loose any reputation so he get´s to live."

:confused:

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Not really, more like:
    "I want to kill this goodie two-shoes but I can't because he is a game-vital NPC."

15. david w Gems: 19/31

Just how many game-vital NPCs do you think there are? I wouldn't have said that many. Sure, there are the ones who drive the game on and give quests out but sooner or later the part of the game they're necessary for will be passed and it'll be possible to kill them without fear of rendering the game impossible.

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There are some NPC's I like to kill: Anomen, Nalia, Aerie, Jaheira. Can't kill imoen because she is vital to story. Interesting Idea. My party would be Korgan,Yoshimo (SoA), Haer'Dalis,Edwin, Viconia. Guess I'd have to play a fighter of somesort. :evil:

17. Winterine Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have no problem at all with cowled wizards - I just make sure I fake talk them as soon as I see them appear. When your rep drops too low, a bunch of guards, wizards and such will appear because apparently they've heard of your bad behaviour and attack. I find them more problematic.

I like to kill Mazzy. She has NO sense of humour :rolleyes: I also like to kill that elf-hater in the Promenade. I like to kill Keldorn too, hehe! He's such a great guy, but a bit stuffy. Especially if I already have Anomen.

On a killing rampage, I'd take VIconia, Korgan, Edwin, Haer'Dalis and Jan. Or swap Haer'Dalis for Yoshimo, to be later replaced with Imoen.

18. Baronius

Quote from david w:
    I suppose you play at Easy or Normal difficulty level.

19. david w Gems: 19/31

Most times I do, but I've played through once on Insane difficulty and didn't have that many problems with the cowled wizards. Granted, I didn't take them on till I was in chapter 6 and had a host of great items, but I never found them to be that much of a problem.

20. Baronius

Of course there is no problem in chapter 6 and with good items... My advice referred to the low-level and poor party at the beginning of the game. Certainly one can make extra feats of daring or virtuosity which are fine but only until a level (I mean 'level' generally, not XP level): the game is for fun and not a competition in anything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.