1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Drizzt

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by reijek hidesman, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

At least let bruenor live, he's cool, especially if you've read the part of the Icewind Dale Trilogy where they're taking back Mithral Hall and how he decides to avenge his ancestors homes being defiled.
    'This is for me father *whack!*, and this is for me fathers father *whack!*, an' me fathers fathers father *whack!*.....' Bruenor had a long lineage ;)

2. Ladonna Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

in BG2 do you have to fight Drizzt? i would rather not.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, you don't.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

You'll never have to find Drizzt but you can if you want to. It's a choice.

5. Inferno of Balduran Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Taluntain.Infact you can call The great "Drizzt Do'Urden of house Daermon Na'Shazbearnon" Drizzit.It is a perfectly acceptable nickname which Mooshie used frequently . But why does Drizzt actually need your help fighting aainst the gnolls when he is quite capable of taking out every gnoll in Faerun on his own without even a break for a cup of tea?It is sheer MADNESS!

6. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    lol, he doesnt need ur help, he simply cant be bothered to do it himself

7. DarkCroll Banned

[​IMG] this "Drizzt" is he the one tha have the super sword then can u find him again

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

It's just that you encounter Drizzt. What would you do if you saw someone while you are fighting evil? Of course you ask them to join. Maybe it's also a test of Drizzt, trying to see how you are. Drizzt is even more then most people think he is. I think it's also a test of the developpers. Are yuo a real RPG-loevr or a powergamer?!

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I'm a real RPG Lover, and therefore I say SPLIT HIS GUTS OPEN!!!

He's a tough punk allright, but I say kill him on sight :D

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Killing him is no option that the DM (developpers) give you and also the game sucks with Drizzt's scimitars that are too powerfull for BG.

Secondly, when you kill good people just for you need his armor and sword you are a real powergamer. Try that in D&D, where the game is based on... You would loose your good alignment, for you are not acting like a good aligned character should do.

Again I compare it with Tolkien. Guess what would have happened when all enemies of Sauron where killing each other to get the best items... Frodo would kill Gandalf so he could have Glamdring and Eomer killed Aragorn after some savings and tactict he menaged to let Aragorn be stuck at the other side of the river so he Eomer could kill him with arrows) and at last there are two good creatures left, Frodo and Eomer. They meet at the fields of Pelannor. After a tough fight Eomer beats Frodo and get's his equipment... Ok I hope you get the point...

WHen two good people fight, Evil is laughing, and always the winner.

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

thehehehe, that's why I tried making Minsc battle him, hehehe, he got WHACKED, I laughed so hard :D

Indeed evil is laughing when good is battling eachother.... and I won as well :D ;) :p

12. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Another reason for GOOD-ALIGNED:

Drizzt disappears after your encounter and you'll never meet him again in BG1. He doesn't help you. He doesn't care about Sarevok. Such a "good" drow - why shouldn't I take his swords and REALLY vanquish evil, while he disappears to the south near Athkatla and waits there for years just to meet me again...

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

first reason for not killing drizzt with good aligned character. It doesn't fit the characters alignment at all to kill one of the greatest heroes in fearun.

second, I think drizzt kills ten times a number of evils than you do. Meet him again!? I never did!?

What the heck are you talking about? Waiting years for what?

14. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Spoiler for those without BG2>>>>>>>>>>

He means your meeting with Drizzt in BG2. That's all. But I don't know about the year's part. I always thought in my head it was about a year or two at most later.

15. What is the exact time frame from BG to SOA.

16. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Perhaps the books shed some light on this mystery, that is if anyone is willing to read them...

17. Caine Gems: 2/31

Drizzt is cool that should be enough of a reason not to kill him.
    and second the books are my favorite in the forgotten realms

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You're right Caine, these books are the best FR books, but this doesn't mean anything, because the qouality of all these books is not too good. And I hate Drizzt, he's such a simple "good-boy" character. So KILL HIM!

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Alyr, when you are evil, that is an option. When good meets evil, there can be a fight. WHen looking at D&D, you should be allowed to attack someone and then he also will attack you. The problem starts when Good meets Good, then there's should be a fight, just for weapons. That's where you fail at Roll Playing. It is a roll playing game, when you want to play a RPG play your roll. When you do this in a non-computer-RPG, you will loose your alligment (and when you are for example a paladin you will even loose your special abilities / spells.) WHat do you wanna play? An RPG? Then do Rollplaying and no Powergaming. Else, go buy some 3D-Shooter.

20. Caine Gems: 2/31

the only time i ever kill drizzt is if i'm evil. Even then i chuck the scimitars..throws off game balence makes it no fun

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.