1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Katherine Kerr

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Elessar, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Are there any Katherine Kerr fans out there? If so, have any heard a possible release date for her next Deverry novel?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Red Wyvern is the last of that series that I have I think. It's been a long time since I've seen anything new, but after a while I stopped actively looking.

3. Elessar Gems: 5/31

I believe I read on her website that there's one more book in the series on its way and that it would be out in May/03. What do you think of her series?

*EDIT* I just checked her site and it seems she has two more books on the way. No word of when but an acknowledgment that it's late and an exerpt by way of apology (or teaser).

[ August 17, 2003, 08:36: Message edited by: Elessar ]

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Given that I had the whole series (AFAIK), I would have to say that I enjoyed them :)

It's sometimes a little hard to remember who was who in a previous life, but that's very important IMO since it really gives you a lot of insight into motivation.

5. Elessar Gems: 5/31

I've read through the series a few times and agree it could put some stress on the memory at times. Although parts of the series started going a little too far out there for me, it's the best fantasy series I've come across. I'm sure there are lots of other great writers out there but the sheer size of most fantasy series tends to cause some hesitation. I've wasted a lot of time on trilogies on the hope that they'd get better :) .

Does you have any suggestions of writers in the gendre with similar style?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.