1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just another Jaheira romance question

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Keneth, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I feel kinda stupid to ask this because there have been so many threads on this issue so if there is one just like this please tell me.

OK and now to the point, I've been doing this Jaheira romance the last because I'm well aware of the bugs in it and here is my question: That Dermin guy came up the first time and now I'm waiting for him to come the second time but he just doesn't seem to do so. I've read in the Romance guide that he will come in six days and that it is recommended to sleep it over, so I slept for six days and went to walk around a bit but he wasn't there so I went out of Athkatla but didn't found him either. So is this a possible bug? Should I sleep some more? Or should I just spend some real time playing the game?

Help please.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Romancing guide was written for SoA without ToB.
    It is not a bug, you have to proceed with dialogs and Dermin will appear after a certain dialog. In ToB the possibility to get Dermin by sleeping is removed.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh. That suc*s. So I'll just have to wait? Boring.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Hey crashed your drams to finish BG+ToB in record time like half a day :D :D :D

5. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have had a different problem on this romance. After Dermen and his fogeys are killed off, I only get 2 or 3 more dialogs out of Jaheira, then the romance just seems to freeze up. I have never been able to proceed to her getting the Harper's Pin.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Harper pin? Never heard of it. If I'm not mistaking Jaheira gave up her position as a harper and travels on with you. Perhaps you screwed the romance somehow. I almost did so when I wanted to say in one of the later dialogs that she means allot to me because she is a god addition to the party or something like that. Luckily I didn't choose that option. Anyway I'm finished in SoA and way in ToB now.

7. Jackson Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Spoilers

If i'm not mistaken, the Jaheira romance continues past Dermin to the appearance of Telminster (Elminster). Who asks Jaheira if she think she's made the right choice in following the PC and turning away from the harpers. If the PC's rep. is over 10, she will say yes and he will give her a harper pin, agree or whatnot, and reveal himself to be Elminster. Of course there are a few dialouges scattered between that and the Dermin conflict.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Ohhh. Well I finished the Dermin quest but I went to graveyard to face Bodhi right after the romance became active. (I usually finish all quest very quickly and so have to wait on the end to finish the romance. I just use clua console to force dialogs and finish it quickly)

[Edit] I see that Terminsel really comes later but I'm already in ToB now does he show himself there to?[/Edit]

[ August 28, 2002, 11:17: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you're already in ToB then he won't come - the ToB romances are seperate to the SoA :rolleyes:

10. Peoculdes Gems: 1/31

Back to Keneth's original problem. I have seen other posts with the 2nd Dermin appearance problem. I was getting the same thing, but I just found a way to force that pesky Dermin come back. First the setup: I have ToB, ver 2.5.26461. I have not installed newest patch 26498. Interplay says it fixes a bug in Jaheira romance, but also says it won't fix a saved game thats already bugged up. I read Extremist's guide where he says Dermin appears 6 days after renunciation dialog or immediately after LT=51, "how did that last battle make you feel." I am now 12 days past renounce speech, three days past LT51. And since LT51, I did Unseeing Eye and both Haer'Dalis quests, so I had plenty of real time. Finally, I got the "how did that last" speech repeated, so I went back to autosave and started researching. Then I read on this forum that the faq is for SoA, not ToB, so I figured I was SoL. Well, maybe not...

I played with the console and Shadow Keeper and figured out this one. I'm stuck on DerminSpawn Global = 3, which is supposed to make him come 2nd time. DerminSpawn is like LoveTalk. It's an even number while in progress, and odd in between. Setting DerminAppear=1 advances the timer, but that didn't help.

But then I tried this:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
    It resets him to 1st appearance, and he spawns. I go through the first dialog, Jaheira renounces the Harpers again, and he leaves. DerminSpawn is back to 3 now.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminAppear","GLOBAL",1)
    advances the timer, he shows up again, and we have the 2nd dialog.

I also tried an alternate method:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
    He appears.
    PAUSE quickly before he starts talking. DerminSpawn variable now is 2.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    UNPAUSE
    He walks up and starts the 2nd dialog, "Jaheira! I would have words with you!"

Hopefully, this won't muck up anything else. I saved the pre-hack game and both post-hack versions.

11. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Mass thanks Peoculdes. I've tried the Jaheria romance a few different times and always hit a brick wall here, read FAQ's did searches etc. Never have had anything move me along but this worked like a charm. I'd gotten frustrated with a game I'd spent a lot of time and effort on toget to that point and it had simply sat there, now I'm ready to move on.

12. KurtSwagger Gems: 1/31

I've tried this, but it doesn't quite work; although I get Dermin to show up and do his thing, Jaheira doesn't leave the next time I rest. What should I do? Help would be much appreciated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.