1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just a suggestion

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Modjahed, Feb 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] LOL ROTF LMFAO!!!! *teary eyed*

Sorry Syl...Just couldn't resist! I was still smarting from the palm comment & had to retaliate. :D :D :D

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hey there is nothing wrong with knowing the palmer-sisters very well. I've had many a night where I was put to sleep by them due to their constant arguements on who would be the one that night!

I'd get so fed up with them, I'd pass out.

Syl...

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I'm up for Syl's idea! I love it! :D

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Thanks Sniper! It's great to know there are posters on this message board who want to help better the system and make it more enjoyable for everyone.

Although all of our ideas have been shot down in the past, perhaps this one will be taken into consideration.

Syl...

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] There are a thousand of us! Let's storm the castle! :D

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Perhaps it's time for a new lord?!?

Syl...

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] If any of you would be a knight, and follow a king...Follow me!!!! :D

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Best watch it. You'll have followers but they'll stab you in the back being the Paladin tard you are. :D

By the way, I'm first in line. <evil grin>

Syl...

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hate to break this to you Modjahed, but you can already do this. Simply write the info you want people to be able to access into your Interests field in your user preferences and everyone will be able to see them. You can put a link to your picture there as well if you want. Or put a link to your picture in the home page field, if you don't actually have a homepage. Because if you did, you could always link to the About Me section on it.

I'm very surprised that Sylvus, of all people, knows nothing about it. Ah well, goes to show that you can't win them all I suppose. Learn something new every day, eh Syl?

But just FYI Modjahed, very few people will bother to read that info there. People open topics like this here to start discussions that many participate in and that go way further than simple info you write up and never bother to update.
    The whole point of message boards is to have live discussions going on, not just reading static text like on websites. ;)

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Go Tal Go!
    Go Tal Go!
    :D :D :D

12. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Got you, Tal.

My point was: I started this thread with a simple idea. Look where it went?

The topic that was just below was about home countries. Can you calculate, what percent of all post in that thread concerned COUNTRIES? Less than 50%.
    If I want to know, say, the age of Sir Bel (just for instance) I can make a search on the forum and will have to read at least 100 posts that don't interest me that much.

HOWEVER! I actually received an answer to my question. I am putting the info to my profile right now.
    Follow up, folks! :D

13. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

MAN!!!

The interests field is too short - it has a length limit.

Can something be done? (Not that I want to expose myself that much to the outside world, but I still want to put in my music preferences :D)

Now a stupid question. I do not need a personal site right now. So is it possible to put a small picture somewhere on this site, or it will be clogged up if everyone starts sending in the pictures of themselves?

[This message has been edited by Modjahed (edited February 13, 2001).]

14. Lo Guest

At the time that a new user registers, a new user doesn't feel like writing up all that personal information about themselves and certainly the shorter the form, the better. I usually hate filling in those online forms, so I quite like it the way it is, and there are indeed quite enough fields in your profile to fill.
    Plus don't forget the icq number, those of us who feel like it already put all the interests and hobbies and quotes and whatsnots there all bundled with as much demographic info about u, that most people would not even care for... To me those icq spaces are mostly wasted space, and the same is very likely to happen here.

15. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Oh I knew about it, but he asked for information people would want to know. The profile that is available has nothing worth of note.

That is why the suggestions I made and those who wanted to see those suggestions in action are interested in having them happen.

Sir Belisarius, Lord Bane, Sniper and myself to name a few would love to see a profile with your current age, date of birth with reminder messages when you log into the message board, list of hobbies, top 10 music and movies and other great information at the click of the button.

The community is looking forward to these changes for the future.

Syl...

16. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Are you going to do all that on your site, Sylvus?

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited February 13, 2001).]

17. Myrthos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Well I hope not. That would give us a chance to pester him on his forums.

18. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Yes. If the users find it, I'll add it.

Syl...

19. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] If you build it...They will come.

20. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

They're already waiting in line :)

Syl...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.