1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

JiggaJay's Alehouse

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by JiggaJay, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Daren slipped off of his chair at the suggestion.

"Go back there??" squeaked the quivering halfling, "I..I don't know."

"Only if Berg goes."

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bjorn stared thoughtfully off into the distance. Brynne Shander was not his home. He was a mercenary, paid to fight but the fall of Brynne Shander had left a bitter taste, a feeling of failure to which he was not accustom. And the dopplegangers; they were pure evil. He looked at the others who were staring at the table top.

Rising he spoke quietly, "I will go with this, Shadowflame. A small group can oft pass where a large one can't."

He went to find Shadowflame.

3. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex stood suddenly surely the others had forgotten he was there. "I'm going, I hate goblins and they deserve to taste my steel."

Heading towards the exit he passed Bjorn. "If your looking for the strange elf, he went outside."

Stepping through the door, he dropped his hood. "Shadowflame, I'll join your plight, if a half elf can accept the help of a half drow."

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bjorn followed the half drow out the door. "I'll also join with you if you'll accept a half elf raised as a human. I'm a fair good fighter and know a couple of spells."

5. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The bartender listened intently on the situation. He was after all, the greatest-burglar-of-all-time, and was known throughout as "The Rogue's Rogue". Hearing a tale of new adventure stirred him.

He ran out of the door following everyone else, and shouted "Take me!! hahahahaha!! you will find me quite useful If ya do, for I am Kazdul Feadows, The Rogue's rogue if ya may! Not only that, but free drinks for a weeek if we make it back alive!"

6. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Shadowflame looked at the three in front of him. Glad to see that some of them were willing to help. He turned first to Kazdul, "Of course, the skills of a Master rogue are always welcome. Perhaps we could learn from each other." Shadowflame pulled up the sleeve of his robe showing the group a tattoo, an emblem of the Shadow Thieves guild in Athkatla. The tattoo had a ragged scar through it indicating that though Shadowflame used to be in that guild, he is no longer. He then turned to Bjorn, "Thank you Master Bjorn, for your willingness to help me in my search. If you are interested perhaps you and I could learn from each other as well, for while I am adequate with a blade, my skills are more alligned with the arcane arts." He then turned to the drow, "And you Master drow, I know not your name but I know your blood. You are a half-elf, whether drow, moon, or wild. Nonetheless your blood is half-elven, that is all I need to know to call you brother."

"Now..." He continued, changing the subject, "Unfortunately, I know little of this area. Which would be the safest route to Brynne Shander? Can we leave now?" Shadowflame was very anxious to get started.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Daren attempted to move the drunken Berg. "Come on Berg, they're moving! Let's go!"

"Wuunnn moh kegh m'deah.." Gurgled the dwarf.

Daren called to Bjorn and he helped carry the lummox out to the others.

"Yes, we're coming with you! Don't forget my skills!" Daren beamed.

8. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Dumbledalf slowly walked into the bar. He had had a long adventure, for him, and needed to relax. Being killed isn't as easy as it looks you know. His cane shook "arthriticly" as he lifted it up and dropped it down again which each step he took. He positioned his glasses properly. He looked around the bar at all the grim faces. He wheezed and sat down.

"I'll have some Pop's Bitters if you please," Said Dumbledalf as he paid the bartender 3 gp.
    "Keep the change," Dumbledalf said proudly even though he had paid the exact price for the drink.
    He was obviously getting more senile by the minute.

9. Benan Gems: 20/31

"My name is Jex'talin, Jex for short, perhaps those who recently came from Brynne Shander should lead the way." The half drow said as he relaxed.

10. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Jeibi came in and sat down. He caught the remark about Brynne Shander but ignored it.

11. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

Shadowflame watched Daren struggle to carry the drunken dwarf from the tavern, there Bjorn quickly helped with the burden. He looked around at the group who had agreed to help. Three half-elves, two halflings, and a dwarf (if he ever woke up). He looked at Bjorn, "Would you mind showing us the way?" Bjorn nodded and seemed a little reluctant to leave Daren to carry Berg. Shadowflame noticed this, closed his eyes, and raised his hands, waving them in an intricate pattern, "Shaer sor shael shor tondria mael!!" His hands flashed white, and Daren glowed briefly. He looked at Bjorn concerned. When Shadowflame opened his eyes, Daren looked nervous. "What?" He looked at Bjorn and back to Daren. "It was a stength spell. You should be able to carry him yourself now... if you want."

12. Nakia

Media:
    A tall woman wearing a footman's helmet and a dark cloak entered the inn. Her face was attractive but not beautiful. She moved in a firm, no nonsense manner. Something in her bearing indicated that she could be dangerous if crossed.

She walked up to the bar and looked around. No bartender was evident and the servers were getting their own drinks. Stopping one she asked, "Where is the bartender?" The server told her he had gone adventuring and at the moment they were each filing in. "Is there an owner? I'd like to ask about getting a job. I have a pleasant singing voice, can play the lute and.." tossing her cloak back she revealed leather armour which was either exceptionally well padded or she was rather plumb or strongly built... "can tend bar and handle most unruly customers." A long sword hung on one side and a large dagger on the other. The server said the owner was around somewhere but wasn't sure when he would turn up.

The woman nodded, got an ale and settled down at the bar to wait.

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The young man, after the display he had wished he had not made, through a small bag of gold to one of the serving girls.

"The money in that bag should cover the glass I... broke and the two finest rooms you have, which I desire to rent, unless everything here is as expensive as the wine."

The young man proceeded to move to the back of the bar and wait, he hoped his companion would arrive soon, he began to miss the things he even disliked in her while she was away, like the way she took the suffering of others as her responsibility to remedy. Her purity was always her prize in the young man's mind, it allowed her to mesh with his iced over emotions, suffer through his lack of effections, and survive on his candied words and overly proper feelings of love.

[ February 10, 2006, 08:07: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

14. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Kazdul was excited to be back in the adventuring game, but he had temporarily forgotten his obligations to the alehouse. He quickly ran back and put Claudia in charge, although he had no bartender and wasn't sure if Claudia had the experience. He began making sure things would be ok in his absence, and noticed a tall somewhat beautiful woman who had just entered, longsword at her side.

15. Nakia

Media:
    The woman at the bar saw a hafling giving orders to one of the serving women. She turned to him and said, "I gather you're the boss. I'm looking for a job. I can tend bar, sing adequately to entertain the average patron and handle unruly drunks. If you have any work I'd appreciate it."

She sat calmly waiting his answer.

16. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

The group waited for Kazdul to return. When he did they would leave for Brynne Shander with Bjorn leading the way. Shadowflame had to stifle a chuckle as he watched the halfling, Daren, carry the much larger dwarf. He figured the two must have really been through something together, for they seemed nearly exact opposites. But then he thought of Bjorn. He and Bjorn couldn't be much more opposites of each other and the yet the half-elf still offered to help. He guessed opposites really did attract though apparetnly not always on intimate terms. His train of thought was more of a rollercoaster as his next one was about Soraya. He wondered if she was still somewhere around Brynne Shander, if she even still drew breath. She had to be alive, he told himself. He looked back impatiently for Kazdul. He was tempted just to continue, confident the "rogue of rogues".... that's what he called himself right?.... would be able to catch up easily.

(OOC: To be continued in Brynne Shander Thread. Post characters in the Brynne Shander -- Character Thread and OOC comments in the Brynne Shander -- OOC)

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A tall and stunningly beautiful young lady baring the holy symbols of Ilmater entered the tavern. She had long platinum blond hair, light blue eyes that seems to radiate an inner light and fair, soft skin that almost seemed to glow in a faint and gentle white light. She had a slender and graceful figure, though something about her spoke of an inner toughness, of a great ability to endure considerable amounts of harm. The young woman also had a great deal of personal magnetism, centered around the celestial blood she clearly possessed, however the aura of the magnetism was gentle and compassionate, it was comforting, almost motherly and felt as pure as the young lady looked. By the longsword sheathed in her belt, her breastplate and her divine grace, it was obvious she was a paladin.

The young lady headed straight towards the young woman working the bar.

"Was my beloved Arethir a problem while he awaited my arrival? I will gladly compensate you for any problems he has created. He is nothing terrible I promise you... He is far better then he was when I first found him, something evil seemed to be inherent to his very soul, but he desired to change and I believe he is changing... though sometimes slower then I would like, he wants to change, that I know, but all the same there seems to be something deep within him slowing his change... I find I have become unable to face the though of him not being able to change, suffering I know brings me closer to Ilmater, but I could not suffer through failing to redeem him."

The young lady blushed.

"I am sorry, I seem to find the need to talk about him when I cannot see him."

The young man, Arethir, who had been waiting for his companion moved gracefully toward the bar.

"My dearest Aurora, my celestial dove, your sight brings me more joy then the presence of Lliira ever could... I find more value in you then a beggar could in a king's most precious heirloom and therefore I gladly attempt spend my life in such away to please you, though without your guidance, I often find myself loosing sight of the path I must take."

Aurora's cheeks began to redden.

"A Paladin of Ilmater must be humble Arethir and you not being one to lie, your words makes too easy for me to swell with pride."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.