1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

JiggaJay's Alehouse

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by JiggaJay, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Daren walked from his table to the bartender, "Do you have any spiders I could fight, good sir?" He looked at the man happily.

2. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The mouse, twitching it's nose in frustration, lookeda bout the alehouse. "Isn't anyone going to fight?" It thought.

Finally, the small rodent departed, climbing back onto the main bar and started looking for scraps of food, hoping to stay unseen by the drunks there.

3. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Of course I have spiders, they are rather easy to come by. However, may I request that all future requests be made AT the arena, instead of the bar?

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Daren, having fought the monstrous spiders single-handedly, walked to the table where his friends were at and laughed at some jokes.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Cameron smashed open the door. And limped in his leg ruined after the siege of Brynne Shander. He sat doan loudly in a squaky stool beside the fire. He felt the warmth enter his body and he grinned. He felt like killing something!

6. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

The halfling bartender looked at the newcomer, waking from the boredom of no one visiting or socializing. "aah, another angry/shady customer eh?" He thought. Nevertheless, he put on a smile and shouted;

"Welcome!! Take that frown off your face and have an ale on me!! The place has been kind of slow and i've been contemplating a quick quest into a nearby dungeon to fund the place, but it's good to have another customer!"

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bjorn recognized Cameron and started to get up but when Cameron headed straight to the Arena he sat back and waited.

He understood the anger and frustration the man must be feeling. Fighting anything would help but there was only one thing that might lay the feeling to rest; to revenge Brynne Shandar. But how? What chance was there without a very large army?

8. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A thin man walked into the tavern, the bottom edges of his grey robe frayed from dragging on the ground. His piercing green eyes surveyed the room, at one table sat a dwarf, a halfling, and a half-elf. In another part of the tavern he saw a human, talking to another halfling, looking down into a pit in the middle of the floor. He walked over to a dark quiet corner, away from the fire and sat down with his back to the wall. After several minutes he ordered a bottle of elven moonwine, and paid with 50 gp. "Keep the change," he whispered as the serving girl smiled and walked away. The man ran his ring-encrusted fingers through his long black hair, pulling it back behind his ears, distinctly elven ears. He poured himself a glass of wine and took a sip.

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

the door of the bar opened in a commanding fashion and those at the bar immediately turned to see this newcomer, caught by his powerful personal magnetism. The newcomer was a young man, tall, graceful and and strikingly aristocratic, his face was breath takingly beautiful, his cold and proud manner only added to his attractiveness and his build elegent and seemless. The young man ran his fingers through his white blond hair, making sure his hair had not become mussed during the travel. As he sat down, a young serving girl hurried over to wait on him.

"What brings a fellow so handsome and of such proper manners to this place?", asked the serving girl.

The contact the young man's cold ice blue eyes was intense and intimidating.

"I await the arrive of another, that is the only would stay in the haunt of commoners.", the strange thing when this young man talked, his jaw hardly moved and his lips never seemed to part.

"Oh a real charmer you are."

"That assumes I desire something as base, carnal and improper as what you have in mind. Such acts are thuroughly disgusting and weak, you shall not find me engaging in such activities, now bring me the most expensive wine you have instock before I am forced to waste any more breath on you... and know this, should you... *tamper* with my drink, I will see to it personally that you are punished."

"Pugh, I wouldn't spit in your drink, I've served worse then you here, you're not one of those dirty old men who try to feel me up when I bring them a drink... though even after your words I still wouldn't mind-"

"Go and get my wine!"

[ February 02, 2006, 19:23: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

10. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Seeing the man enter made Kazdul smile, but his manner made him frown. "Damn nobles, thinking they are better than everyone else!" He thought to himself. These were EXACTLY the kind of people he would steal their treasure and daughters from in the night, leaving behind an open window and a curtain blowing in the breeze. "haunt of commoners my a**" Kaz though. He had overheard the barmaids conversation, and when she came to the bar he reprimanded her.

"Dammit Claudia, what is wrong with you? That man has no style, no flair, no charm. I can't believe you "wouldn't mind" after the way he tareated to you... You are a beautiful girl and deserve better! Ah yes, this wine is now "250 gp". Kazdul grinned and winked at Claudia, and gave her a reassuring hug.

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The young man more then marginally aware he was paying an exorbitant price for his glass of wine. The young man initially made a move towards the bar, but stopped himself in his tracks. He was certain he could intimidate the halfling out of such an outrageous price, but this was the halfling's bar and there was no law against exorbitantly priced wine being served. Besides he told himself, it was his fault for asking for the most expensive wine, nor was status determined by quality, but instead by expense.

He knew that catering to his pride was a problem without the companion he was waiting for to keep him in check, the last time he rose unfettered to the defense of his pride, he revealed the secret he so desperately concealed, the rumors it started followed him to this day.

He sat back down at his table and looked suspiciously at the wine at before him. His face puckered as he took a sip and before he could stop himself, his instincts caused the goblet to dissolve. The young man lept to his feet with the grace that few possessed before the wine, now without it's glass, could stain his fashionable and extremely expensive clothing.

12. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

He watched the newcomer with mild interest. He was a little surprised when the goblet dissolved from his hand but not alarmed. He could sense no evil intent on the noble, just bad manners. The grey robed elf (half-elf actually) waved over the proprietor of the bar, thinking the halfling may be able to provide the information he needed.

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Seeing that Cameron had survived his bout with the giant Bjorn got up to go to him. He was aware of the overdressed person and of another more subdued person. He figured they where mages.

He walked over to Cameron and saluted him. "Sir, I don't know if you remember be. There seem to be a few survivors of Brynne Shander here. Prehaps you would come share a drink with us."

14. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

Hearing the name, Brynne Shander, he jumped up bumping the table, knocking over the bottle of moonwine. As he walked toward a half-elf the bottle rolled across the table and fell to the floor, shattering. He didn't even look back. He stopped at the table with the dwarf, halfling, half-elf, and now the human. The fact that the dwarf and the half-elf sat together, even seemed to be friends, encouraged him to continue. The dwarf was laughing loudly and the halfling grinning ear-to-ear, "I'm sorry to interrupt..." He gave Bjorn a slight bow, acknowledging the half-elf's not so obvious bloodline, and gave the dwarf a wide berth mentally preparing his defensive spells, just in case. "Did I hear correctly? Do you speak of Brynne Shander? I beg of you, the next..." he glanced at the dwarf, "the next keg is on me if you'll suffer my company and tell me of Brynne Shander." He nervously wondered if the dwarf would attack. The dwarf made a sudden move, causing the elf (half-elf) to take a reflexive step back, drawing strange glances from those around the table. He brought his hands up to start casting before he realized the dwarf was just shifting his weight in the chair. He relaxed visibly and awaited a response from the motley crew sitting at the table.

15. Nakia

Media:
    Bjorn smiled up at the elf or half-elf and waved for him to sit down. "Free drinks are always welcome. My name is Bjorn. Meet Beren and Berg. Berg is easy to get along with as long as you don't preach at him about cutting down trees. We are survivors of Brynne Shander. " Waving at the human, "Also Cameron. Were you there?"

16. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

"Survivors? I had heard there was a battle but I was not aware Brynne Shander had fallen." The news obviously distressed the half-elf... He sat for a long moment before a serving girl walked over and asked if there would be anything else... He shook his head and the girl started to walk away. A grunt from the dwarf, Berg, made him stop her, "I'm sorry, bring another keg of whatever they were drinking and I'll take another bottle of moonwine." He glanced over at another serving girl cleaning up the last bottle from the floor. He looked around the table at the wondering eyes. "I'm sorry. My name is Shadowflame. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance. Thank you for accepting me to your table." He turned and looked at Berg, "I assure you Master dwarf, I care little for your cutting of trees so long as it is not senseless vandalism." Berg nodded and the half-elf quickly changed the subject. "Were any of you in Brynne Shander long? I'm looking for a woman who may or may not have still been there. She, like me, is also only half-elf, though she looks more human than elven. She was, or is I hope, a mage. Long red hair, green eyes, about 5'5", she goes by the name Soraya. Do any of you recognize her?" He looked at those seated at the table. Hoping one of them had seen her.

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Daren sat upright in his chair. "You seemed to have forgotten to introduce me, Bjorn old pal!" He stood up, only coming into eye level with the new acquaintance.

"I am Daren Baggins, brother of the Master Rogue and Robber Garen Baggins, and trained under the watchful eye of Pikel Bouldershoulder and the Rasheminian Ranger Minsc!"

He bowed, "Pleased to meet you. And a lot of people fled when the first alarm went off, so maybe this girl was one of them?"

18. Nakia

Media:
    "Beg pardon, Daren, I'm afraid the disaster of Brynne Shander still affects my mind. " Turning to Shadowflame, "I'm sorry but I did not meet anyone of that description. Brynne Shander was infiltrated by dopplegangers and overrun by a large army of orcs, goblins and other strange creatures. I hope your friend survived." Bjorn slumped in his chair wearily.

19. Cirrus Gems: 5/31

Shadowflame bowed slightly to the Daren, then spoke to Bjorn “I understand… and I’m sure she did.” Shadowflame ran his ring encrusted finger through his hair and looked around at the group sitting at the table. After several minutes of sitting uncomfortably, he spoke up again, “I’m going to the ruins of Brynne Shander… I have to try to find her. I am reluctant however to travel in a region so recently overrun by goblins.” He paused mulling over the ramifications of what he was about to ask. “I could use a strong sword arm if any of you are interested… If any of you are looking for payback perhaps this would be a feasible choice.” The group at the table looked at each other. “I will leave you to decide.” Shadowflame stood and approached a serving girl, nodded back at the table, dropped another small pouch of gold on her tray, and went outside to get some fresh air. After several minutes the serving girl brought another keg of beer to the table

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Cameron grunted loudly, he had survived a week scrouging food off the pile of rubble. He was trapped inside the ruins, for the goblins had campped around the whole ruins. He avoided goblins even one's that were alone. He couldn't cause any need for the goblins come in more force. So for a week he starved and watched lonely goblins fall asleep drunk a few feet away. The things that killed so many others he had to let go. He cursed the name of the town now. If the man wanted to go there he'd find more than he could stomach. Hundred of dead corpses littered acroos the streets. Woman raped, killed and raped again. And thhe stench was unbareble, he had to cover his mouth every where he went. He would never return to the evil place.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.