1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira Romance problems

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by aerilon, Aug 7, 2002.

1. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have been having some problems with the Jaheira romance. I am playing through SOA, with TOB installed. I started a new game after I installed TOB, with a human sorcerer, and have been trying to pursue a romance with Jaheira. I have already killed Dermin and his Harper buddies, I have already had that encounter. However, my problem is this. I am stuck at the dialogue where Jaheira talks about how rarely we see the sunrise. Is there something special I have to do for the next dialogue to occur?

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Have you read the romancing guide? You can find it here . You did that already? Then just wait for someone else to reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  3. aerilon Gems: 3/31

Yeah, I checked out the romance guide. I am in Chapter 3 in the game in question(which I haven't played since I left this message), I haven't left for Brynnlaw yet. I even tried just letting them sit outside at De'Arnise Keep for awhile, but nothing.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm sorry but I can't help with this one. Have you tried to force the next conversation with clua console? I haven't romance Jaheira yet I only did Aerie and Nalia romance but I'm considering to romance Jaheira within a few days. I guess you can't wait that long so I suggest that you just continue your jurney and what do you know perhaps she will begin the next conversation when you reach the next chapter.

5. aerilon Gems: 3/31

I did try, but I'm not sure I used the right command. I'm not very used to the CLUA Console or other such methods of altering the game. Ever since I turned it on, the only thing I've really used it for is convenience, Ctrl + J and moving quickly to where I want to be on the map.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The command is written in the romance guide. You only use ctrl+J? What about ctrl+R/Y/4/...? The first time I played BG2 I barely made it through although I was constantly using ctrl+R (its wery addictive). Anyway the command is CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“XXXXRomance”,”GLOBAL”,1) where XXXX is the name of the char you are romancing with. Also this can only be commanded providing that all other conditions like area, characters,... are met. I hope you will be able to continue your romance with that pain in the as* called Jaheira.

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

hey Keneth of the Darkforest check out privat massage(preglej privatne mesege!)

8. aerilon Gems: 3/31

Yep, Ctrl + J is about the only one I use. I use the Ring of Gaxx once I have it, or the Ring of Regeneration, items that cause my characters to regenerate, and let them recover their health that way most of the time, or spells to heal them outside of battle, and use potions when necessary in battle. So, no, I don't use Ctrl + R. I don't use Ctrl + Y either, I'd rather kill the creatures myself. And I have never used Ctrl + 4.

Thanks for the tip on how to get it working right, too. Jaheira is actually my favorite, I can't stand Aerie's whining, and Viconia just... isn't my style, but I like Jaheira. It's just a pain dealing with whatever bugs are in the romance. I'll try that command at De'Arnise Keep where there's sure to be no one around.

I tried that command, it didn't work. I tried it outside at De'Arnise Keep, so I'm pretty sure there was no one around, and if I recall, Jaheira's romance CAN happen in that area, so I think all the conditions were met, yet the next dialogue didn't occur. Does anyone know if maybe there's some kind of special requirement, like maybe you have to be in Chapter 6?

[ August 09, 2002, 01:28: Message edited by: aerilon ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.