1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira romance looping dialog (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Anra, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Anra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes, I know do a search...Unfortunately I get too many responses to find my answer. What parameters can you change in Global Variables in ShadowKeeper to advance the dialog to the new level? My Jaheiraromance is 2145239 (whatever that means) and my Jaheiraromanceactive is 1 I've tried sleeping outside, sleeping inside, sleeping doing headstand, she just keeps asking how I felt after that last battle. It's getting very annoying! I've just paid Aran and am getting ready to sail, but have finished pretty much every quest and spent a whole lot of time just farting around especially finishing the Nalia/keep quest.

2. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  3. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

To simplify matters, use Extremist's romancing guide to find the current value of LoveTalk you are on (or use CLUA Console); then following the guide, increment the value to the next correct value. That should get you past the loop. I assume you're at the point where she asks you how you felt about that last fight; I got stuck in a loop there, and had to increase LoveTalk using the console.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I just wonder if you applied the patch.

5. Maldir Gems: 11/31

I did, but I believe it doesn't (properly) fix existing romances. I applied the fix when something seemed to be going wrong (it was my first time through BGII), and it didn't progress things.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Yes, I've heard of loops and detect nothing as such (except Aerie injured loop which is not connected to romance).

Unless you display to me the whole starting sentence of that "battle feeling" dialog, I can't give a proper answer actually.

Besides, the patch question (not "fix" - fix is baldurdash's) was ment for Anra.

7. Maldir Gems: 11/31

The loop I got was on LoveTalk 51, where Jaheira says "How...how did that last battle make you feel? Did you enjoy it?"
    As you said, there are many possible answers you can give that keep the romance active, and I gave all of them (and some more than once), as it kept looping round.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I think it has something to do with Dermin. Are you sure you never pressed CTRL+J?

9. Maldir Gems: 11/31

Yes, I'm sure. IIRC (it was a long time ago), the loop happened when I was in Brynnlaw and thereabouts. I think I'd already done the Dermin plot in full, as I hadn't been hurrying to finish my quests in and around Athkatla.

10. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] You see, what I did about the "How did that battle make you feel..." is take advice from a website. That was the last thing she said and she never talked for a looong time, until many weeks later. (All the time I was outdoors, where she likes it) Then, her dialogue started looping, so here's where that website comes in. (Unfortunately I don't remember the address)

This occurs if Dermin appears BEFORE the dawning of the day dialogue - did that happen to you? If so, you need to set the LOVETALK to..wait...give me a few days to look it up. Sorry, but I don't recall...

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Sure man, look for it as it interests me maybe even more than the others.

This spam is to make you able to post it away - double posting in a row is forbidden so without this spam, I would have missed your possible edit.

Don't make me wait too long!

12. Judge Matt Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i have had this same problem until just recently. i used the CLUAConsole to chenge jaheira's Lovetalk variable equal to 55 after reading this topic and Slappy's Romancing Guide. the next time i rested jaheira gave me the talk about the "dawning of our day". it seemed to stop the loop although nothing has happened in the 2 or so days since i've changed the variable. that may just be because ive not played enough time yet. hope this helps somebody...
    -matt

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] For God's sake...

I WANT TO SEE THAT LOOP!!!

This means don't preach over it and how that happens or not - if you have the saved game with it, zip it up and mail it to me.
    I want to solve the mystery of it once and for all. I want to find finally out why that happens.

Of course, the saved game I want must be exclusively from SoA patched with the latest patch and nothing else installed or messed. Ok?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.