1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira romance is really "bugging" me!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gehn, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Ok, this ones complictaed but i'll try to keep it simple.
    I have the latest patch and also Extremist's guide on romances,so i have not screwed it up or anything.
    Basicly the romance was going just dandy untill i went to the underdark. Atleast i think it was the underdark. All the lovetalks where progressing as they should and i had done all the dermin quests by the time i went there. I am also aware of the fact that lovetalks dont occur in underwater city and underdark as they are considered dungeons. But my problem is that once i reached love talk 51, from then on that love talk kept repeating itself. Not looping, but whenever it was time for the next one to take place i kept getting that one! :mad: Over and over again!
    I also think this talk occurred in the underdark as well! When i came out of the underdark no harpers attacked me and when i left the underdark exit and went to an outdoors area so the romance could progress (And i had been playing in real time for well over half an hour, so one was due), there was nothing! Nothing i say! Then like i said, when i next had a lovetalk it was 51 again.
    Finally i checked the love talk value and it was not odd, (as i'm aware it should be) it was an even 52?! So in desperation to get the romance on track i went to Bodhi, as she is supposed to turn your romance into a vamp right? Well...nothing! As far as Bodhi was concerned Jaheira wasn't even there!
    So please, i need help. Why has God done this to me?.. We will never know. But you beautiful people could still help me :thumb:
    Thank you kindly.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have codes you can use, they are in Exs' guide as well IIRC

SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",53) <-- have jaheira selected and have the mouse over her port to make sure it works. ;)

3. Gehn Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the reply 8people, but i tried the codes and nothing seems to have happened. Admittedly i havent waited half an hour yet to see if the talks will continue, but i have tried the skip to next dialouge command and nothing happened. I typed it twice like im supposed to also.
    Any ideas?

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You did put CLUAConsole before each one, didn't you?

Sorry, I presume most people know how to use the console :heh:

Try using GetGlobal on Jaheira Romance Active and on the LT locals instead of SetGlobal.

5. Gehn Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] I appreciate the speedy reply 8people, thanks. Yeah i tried using get global like you said (oh, and yes i do put cluaconsole before my commands)but the commands just simply were rejected. "Too many arguments to function get global" it said.
    You know it's looking ever more likely i'm gona have to start again (sigh). This sucks!
    This is the first time round i've played the game exactly how i'd like too.
    Any more ideas? Because im damned if i'm gona restart if i don't have to! :mad:

6. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] right...

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL") if it is 1 or 3 the:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",) if it is an even number set it to the previous odd number. If it is 51 still try setting to to 49.

CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(30000) after doing this try this code (might need to enter it 2-3 times) and see if a dialogue comes up with her.

Mind - all quests run on rel time will be affected (romances, ployers' curse, I think that is it.)

7. Gehn Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Hah Hah! Sucess...well some at least. I set it back to LT 49 and straight away the diag appeared. So i did that one and then checked to see if i had progressed. Sure enough the LT has been set to 51 now. Is that good? One more thing, should i just try the skip to next LT command now, or not? I'm just worried because it seems to be going right and i'd rather ask an expert before i do anything...anything!

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] After you get the 51 dialogue advance the time with the code - if it repeats itself set it to the one after.

9. Gehn Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Ah jeez. I reached 51 again, then once agian when i checked the value it was an even 52. Why this keeps happening i don't know, but that has to be the problem, because even when i set to odd 53 (i also did this with a latter one also, 55) then used the advance time command..nothing happens. Now the LT's have just stopped, even though it still registers as 1 in the active romance state.
    Help? :(

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I take it you have done all Dermin quests?

for LT 55 you need to rest, IIRC, to get it.

You don't have any mods that might conflict do you? And you do have the official patch?

11. Gehn Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] :D Praise be to 8people. Rest. You genius. No no, i insist, you're a genius. Incase you haven't gathered already the LT's are progressing again. Although my luck does suck in a most acute fashion, so it might still screw up yet. If i could just ask how the whole Bodhi turning Jaheira into vamp thing works, i'll go off and do that to see if i have sorted all this out. As if i am still progressing with the romance it is 100% certain that Bodhi will turn her into a vamp right?

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

There is only one way to get rid of the bug, remove her then kill her. If you get to the end of the game and have not encountered any Jabugra bugs then you are very lucky!

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I've never experienced a Jaheira bug :wave:

now I will get loads, saying that :lol:

Bhodi will take your love if RA = 2 (RomanceActive) in chapter six to emphasise how much you will lose if you follow her. You can get your loved one back afterwards though.

I am the village idiot of Sp, btw :shake:

14. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Well thanks for the help 8people. :thumb: It seems that whenever i get to a new LT the same thing happens as did with 51, but by using the console i think i can still progress through them. Annoying, but hey, what am i gona do about it!?
    Thanks again 8people.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.