1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira Romance......Again (Final Scene)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Anon, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Anon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Is there any practical game difference if you sleep with Jaheira in the last romance dialogue or not?

Elminster appeared both ways for me, and I got the 100000 XP bonus both times.

The only apparent difference seems to be the addition of a JAHEIRANOOKIE = 1 tag, and JAHEIRAROMANCE = 2149843 if you DO sleep with her and = 2156559 if you do NOT.

Both times JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE=2

Anybody know?

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

2. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm not sure of the specifics, but I do not think that it matters either way. If Elminster has appeared you are finished. For any other questions refer to the Romance FAQ found on this site in the Tips, Tricks, and Hints Section of the BG II Game section.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited July 06, 2001).]

3. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Maybe it'll affect what happens in ToB. But don't tell me! I want to wait and find out.

4. Anon Gems: 1/31

I tried it again with another saved game, and everything was the same except noe JAHERIAROMANCE= 2138219.

Where could I find out what these values mean?

Edit: A fourth time through I get JAHEIRAROMANCE = 2142535

[This message has been edited by Anon (edited July 06, 2001).]

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There have been a few posts with details about the various romance varibles and there might also be something in the romance guide from Sorcerer's (can't rembember - maybe not thinking about it). The JaheiraRomance one is a timer if I remember correctly. It determines when romance events trigger in real time. Because it's real time, the values will be different whenever you save the game (unless it stops when the romance has ended). Anyway, use this link which has links to others or use the search feature to find more.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003033.html

Hope this helps.

6. Anon Gems: 1/31

So as long as JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE=2, it makes no difference then. But why add a JAHEIRANOOKIE=1 flag for no reason, that intrigues me.

7. Slappy Gems: 19/31

If you've had 'nookie' with her, she keeps making cheerful comments in the mroning about time to go doesn't she? I suppose that the same affect could have been done by checking against the romance rating but maybe they wanted to put dome fun variable names in the game. I have seena few silly ones in there (can't remember details though). Oh well. Guess we'll never know. Although someone on these boards lives in the same city as Bioware, they could pop in and ask :)

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

After you slept once with her, it's changed into:

JAHEIRA-ROMANCE: NEXT-TIME-YOU-ASK-IF-SHE-WANTS-TO-SLEEP-WITH-YOU FAKE HEADACHE = 1 ;)

9. Anon Gems: 1/31

Slappy:
    I only got that message the first time, I have never gotten it again. You got the chipper morning more than once?

10. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Annon I'm prety sure I got it a few times but then again there was something definately stange about my romance as Elminster turned up more than once as well. maybe she is only supposed to make the chirpy comment once.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.