1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD2 Tactics: Sherincal

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Acrux, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Has anyone else had trouble with the Sherincal fight while using Tactics? The main problem I'm having is with the two Necromancers. They'll fire their buffs (Note: As an aside, I love fighting casters with this mod. They are a teriffic challenge!), animate dead, but it's the next spell they fire that always gets me: Circle of Death. They usually end up perma-killing two of my PCs. :eek:

I've got a couple of Dispel Magic scrolls, but they re-buff immediately. If I head south I can usually get rid of the Crystal Golem and the Barbarian Warrior without anyone else following me. I've also been able to lure Sherincal away from the main group and get a few hits on her before she Dimension Doors away.

In addition, I had already taken care of the two Necros in the small area just to the right of Sherincal and co. However, the Tactics Sherincal calls two new ones to fight with her.

Anyway, tough battle, but I'm having a lot of fun with the mod!

2. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

I haven't played played IWD2 with that Tactics mod yet. I'm afraid that if I took the time to play IWD2/Tactics that I'd get sucked away from my own mod, which I really do want to finish.

But that does really sound great!!!

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Umm, I do not remember Sherincal summoning two new Necromancers. Anyhow, have Death Ward on your low-fortitude save characters. (wizard, sorc, rogue, bard) This will solve the problem, tough guys should resist the Circle of Death spell already without much trouble. Zack (the gnome illusionist/cleric of Baervan you rescued, right?) can buff up all of your party, and it is well worth the HUGE gold spent.

I only had one casualty in that battle, in my first try, when Sherincal teleported to my fleeing Evoker and killed him with a single strike, he was even protected by Stoneskins! :eek: That nasty nasty sword of hers hurts humanoids a lot! :wail:

Send in your heavy summons (Zack can summon up an army for you!), and use ranged attacks, chromatic orbs (does not work on necros, but freezes annoying shamans and clerics around nicely!), hold persons, confusion, and any other disabling spell against Sherincal's army. Retreat if neccesary. Sherincal is tough, but very doable.

Emotion:Hope, Remove Fear, Haste on everybody, Apply Fireshields/Death wards from Zack, Bless/Chant/Prayer/Recitation, stoneskin/spirit armor all, let a bard sing his most potent sing and use Lingering Song feat, etc. etc. the battle will still not be a push-over, but doable!

Have fun and please inform us about your progression! Always willing to hear about a fellow mod challenger's epic endovours! :)

4. Acrux Gems: 8/31

Veteran

Heh - It would be nice if I had all those spells at my disposal. But thanks for the advice! I rescued Zack, but after I rested he's disappeared, so no extra spells for me other than what I've got. And what I've got ain't much! ;)

In addition, I've got a "wierd" savepoint where my bard auto-talks with Sherincal upon load. Not a big deal, but it does limit some tactics I could use.

I tried again this morning and almost took out the Necros by meeting them one at a time. Unfortunately, one of my characters moved forward at an inopportune moment and allowed a CoD come right at the party. Oh well.

I'm not too worried about the rest of the enemies - I can beat down on Sherincal pretty well (I agree on that sword - OUCH!), and the other casters don't look to be much of a problem - but those Necros. Oh, those Necros! I'm not sure what the DC on their spells are, but everyone is having a hard time resisting.

Anyway, lot's of fun. I'll keep you updated.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Hmm, I think Zack went to search for Aaoca, his spider mount. He does this if you do not tell him to wait there, and that you have found his mount. Search for him, he will do things all the easier for you, for a bit of gold. (well, actually, heaps of it!)

I am curious about your party? Don't you have a lvl 7-cleric and lvl 7-wizard by now? Lvl 7 cleric can Death Ward your weak characters, and lvl 7 mage can stoneskin people (if you grabbed the stoneskin scroll at Aurilith village) they help!

6. Acrux Gems: 8/31

Veteran

Nope, don't have either of those. I'm mega-multi'ing. So, at the moment I've got NO cleric and only a level 2 Wizard.

I've got a level 6 sorc, but he doesn't have those spells. I like my own parties, I've never been much for the power-gaming. It make things much more of a challenge, but I seem to be doing okay.

Zack was gone because of a bug. I'd told him about Aocha already, but he just wasn't appearing. I left the screen and came back and he had returned to his proper position. Anyway, he didn't have many of the spells you mentioned.

I eventually made it through by simply taking on the Necros one-by-one. The rest of the enemies were no problem.

I'm in the ice temple now, enjoying what I usually find to be quite a boring upper level. The improvements to the Aurilites are really nice to see.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Congrats on beating the Sherincal and her despicable necromancers!

There are a few more necromancers like that in the temple, just so you know! :mommy: :shake:

Yes, the Aurilites are smarter, but let me tell you what, Sherincal's sword is very lethal against them as they are all humanoid:they die fast! :evil: Fun!

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Zach leaving is not a bug, I believe Tal Rasha implemented that to make the fight more challenging.

Btw about Sherincal's sword, it works against humans, not "humanoids" (humanoids would include all human-like creatures).

It's always a good idea to use a non human character to confront the half dragon woman.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

But alas, I was able to use Zack to buff my party to the vazoo! How? :hmm: :confused:

Anyway, you are right about the sword extra-hurting only humans, but the ice temple is indeed full of humans and this sword is very very useful in there! :thumb: I love that extra little kick it gives to those poor poor Aurilites! :evil:

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Silver are you sure you have the latest version of Tactics4IWD2? I haven't had time to play it again, but I seem to remember Tal Rasha said on the boards that he had upgraded his mod.

11. Acrux Gems: 8/31

Veteran

That is correct Ccaradhras. I'm using v1.2 - I didn't try the previous version, so I can't comment on any changes that might have been made.

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I am using the first Weidu version. Did it receive more updates after that? :hmm: Gotta check soon! :p

13. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Zack will disappear after you talk to Sherincal, and will reappear after you kill the lady. This is going to prevent buffing from Zack during the boss fight.

Recently, I'm working on a new mod for BG2, which called "Jedi & Sith Kits". As the name says, it will add 2 new kits, Jedi & Sith of Star Wars, into your BG2 game. It will give you a new fantastic experience.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^So one can purchase buffs up to the vazoo before challenging Sherincal, righto? Hehe this is what I exactly did, I feel no guilt...stil my poor poor evoker guy bit the dust, :wail: oh well, he was avenged swiftly!...and raised shortly after! :banana:

As for that Jedi idea, well I am not sure if it will fit in the genre, but I really respect your modding skills. We will have to wait and see, I guess. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.