1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I've got it bad, got it bad, got it bad...I'm hot for teacher

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Death Rabbit, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I was just checking...

A friend of mine sent me a link to more pictures of this girl that have shown up on the internet. I can't even imagine what was going through this girl's mind!! She's hot, has a good job, married, very active in the community...And now it's probably all gone! :toofar:

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I didn't mean to blame the boy in the teacher's place, either. In fact, I agree the teacher is to blame for the event. If not that boy, then some other one would have served the purpose. However, he knew he was shagging another man's wife and he shouldn't get away with that.

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Damn, why can't I have a teacher like that?! :p

As for the boy: *LUCKY BASTARD*

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't remember reading if they said who was the one who originally brought this woman up on charges. I wonder if it was the "victim" or if it was his 15 year old cousin who wasn't getting some.

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

There is definately a double standard. If the teacher was a guy, I'd think it kind of sick.
    On the other hand, if my teacher looked like her and made advances toward me, I'd come on to her, like Germany came on to Poland! :love: :evil:

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You mean you would gang up with Russians? ;)

7. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

The more the merrier, Chev ;)

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I don't get it that teacher is a really beuatyfull woman, and that kid is sueing (Sp?) her. I wish I had teachers looking like that and could only dream about having sex with them.

That kid is nuts!

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] The kid is not suing her. He's under the age to give consent to have sex. His mother found out about it and called the police. She's being charged criminally for statutory rape, plus several lewd acts charges.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Man, if my mother did that to me I'd be an orphan ;)

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I didn't see the rape charges. And, if he was 14 at the time, wouldn't he be at the consent age? (Like I said, most parts of the U.S. the consent age is 14, however, I do not know for sure if the same applies in California. So again, if he was at the consent age, is this illegal - provided that they do this in the privacy of their own home. If it is illegal only because it was performed in a public place - then isn't the boy going to face similar charges?

12. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Aldeth, what's the source for 14 being age of consent? AFAIK age of consent in the US is set at 18 by federal statute.

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] He's from Maryland...I think they're still allowed to marry their sisters!!! ;) :lol: :grin: :spin: :roll:

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I just looked it up now. As it turns out, the consent age is variable by state, but in California it is 18, so nevermind my point. I pasted the chart below. For each state, there are three columns. The first is for heterosexual sex, the second for male-male sex, and the third for female-female sex. It seems that 16 is the average, although in New Mexico for homosexual sex, whether its male-male or female-female, 13 is OK!

EDIT: To clarify the chart, in the first example, Alabama, to consent age is 16 for heterosexual sex, but homosexual sex, whether it's male-male or female-female, is illegal.

USA Alabama Rev 06/2001 16 illegal illegal
    USA Alaska Rev 08/2000 16 16 16
    USA Arizona Rev 06/2001 18 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Arkansas Rev 03/2001 16 Law Invalidated Law Invalidated
    USA California Rev 04/2001 18 18 18
    USA Colorado Rev 04/2002 15/17 17 17
    USA Connecticut
    Rev 04/2001 16 16 16
    USA D.C. Rev 08/2000 16 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Delaware Rev 03/2002 16/18 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Florida Rev 06/2001 16/18 Illegal Illegal
    USA Georgia Rev 07/2002
    MUST READ! 16 16 16
    USA Hawaii Rev 03/2002 16 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Idaho Rev 04/2001 16/18 Illegal Illegal
    USA Illinois 17 17 17
    USA Indiana 16 16 16
    USA Iowa Rev 03/2002 14/16 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Kansas Rev 06/2001 16 illegal illegal
    USA Kentucky 16 Law Invalidated Law Invalidated
    USA Louisiana Rev 03/2002 17 Illegal Illegal
    USA Maine 16 16 16
    USA Maryland Rev 04/2002 16 Law Invalidated Law Invalidated
    USA Massachusetts
    Rev 07/2002 16/18 READ -Law Invalidated READ -Law Invalidated
    USA Michigan Rev 04/2001 16 Illegal Illegal
    USA Minnesota Rev 03/2002 16 Law Invalidated Law Invalidated
    USA Mississippi
    Rev 03/2002 16 (laws passed June 1, 1998) Illegal Illegal
    USA Missouri Rev 03/2002 14/17 Illegal Illegal
    USA Montana Rev 10/99 16/18 18 18
    USA Nebraska 17 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Nevada Rev 1/2000 16 18 18
    USA New Hampshire
    Rev 03/2002 16 18 18
    USA New Jersey 16 16 16
    USA New Mexico 17 13 13
    USA New York Rev 03/2002 17 17 17
    USA North Carolina
    Rev 03/2002 16 Illegal Illegal
    USA North Dakota 18 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Ohio Rev 11/2000 16 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Oklahoma Rev 03/2002 16 16 -illegal??? 16 -illegal???
    USA Oregon 18 18 18
    USA Pennsylvania 16 16 16
    USA Rhode Island
    Rev 06/2001 16 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA South Carolina
    Rev 03/2002 14/16-bill pending Illegal Illegal
    USA South Dakota 16 Law Repealed 16 Law Repealed 16
    USA Tennessee Rev 04/2001 18 Law Invalidated Law Invalidated
    USA Texas Rev 03/2002 17 Illegal 03/2001 Illegal 03/2001
    USA Utah Rev Rev 04/2001 16/18 Illegal Illegal
    USA Vermont 16 Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Virginia Rev 07/2000 18 illegal illegal
    USA Washington
    Rev 06/2001 16/18 16/18 16/18
    USA West Virginia 16 18? 18?
    USA Wisconsin Rev 03/2002 18 18 18
    USA Wyoming Rev 12/99 16 / 18? Law Repealed Law Repealed
    USA Military Rev 06/2001 16 illegal illegal

So anyway, my question still stands - if this teacher - in some state other than California - had sex with a minor over the consent age - and this happened in a non-public place - would it be illegal?

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Interesting...
    http://www.chaselawgroup.com/sex_statutoryrape.html

Odd that they specify this in terms of the male victimizing the female. But this should at least clear up the age of consent question. It is 18 in all states but 3 (doesn't say which they are).

Perhaps it's worded this way because it's much more difficult to initiate unwilling sex with a male, coerced or otherwise, if he is an unwilling party. Perhaps the standard takes this into account.

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    @ DR

That's strange that we have such different info. Also, since people are allowed to marry below the age of 18 (provided they have parental consent) then it seems strange that it would be illegal for them to consent to sex. Here are the marriage rules throughout the country here:

Marriage Age

Perhaps this is the distinction in the two lists? Additionally, some states have ages to marry as young as 14, so again, they must assume that these teens would be having sex if married.

The funniest one on the list is Pennsylvania, which says people under 18 can marry, but it costs an extra $5 for the marriage license. Why?

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wonder which is accurate, too, as I read yours after I'd posted mine. That definition I posted was one I read, verbatim, on several different sites during that search - so I'm assuming several different legal specialty sites have copy/pasted that definition from some higher source or statute. That's usually the case, anyway.

Regardless, I personally feel she should be charged with statutory rape. At the very least, this should set a precedent. She absolutely knew what she was doing, and though the kid should have known better, teenagers aren't often preoccupied with little things like "getting caught." Christ, if my parents knew HALF the things I did between the ages of 14 and 18, I would've been locked up. If I had a super-hot teacher who wanted to bone me, I probably would have done the exact same thing, to be honest.

Teenagers, by their very nature, just don't view the consequences and brevity of their actions the way adults do. Hence, the age of consent, etc. I realize there are exceptions to this rule - so responsible teenagers in the audience needn't get all pissy with me for judging - but not many exceptions.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Here's some more, again, it appears the consent age is much less than 18 in most states:

web page

web page

Also, here is the definition of statatory rape (and it does seem like all three definitions would apply here):

The age of consent is variable as we have seen. The age of majority is when you become recognized as an adult in the eyes of the law. In USA and most of Europe, this occurs at either 18 or 19.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.