1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

iTunes wont recognize my iPod

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Enagonios, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] hey all, for some reason, itunes will no longer recognize my ipod.

i have a 3rd generation nano i think. the one that came out before the nano with a camera function. i'd just installed itunes 10 on my new laptop (running a windows 7 64bit os) and it worked fine at the start. but for some reason, after i plugged it into a friend's laptop to get a song, it now no longer comes out on my itunes. it seems to work fine on other people's laptops though. i uninstalled and reinstalled itunes but it still wont recognize it. the ipod charges and has that "connected, please don't disconnect" sign and widows recognizes it as an an external drive but it still wont come out on itunes.

i've even tried the fix where you go to device manager and then "stop" ipod services and "Start" them again. and have even done the one where you reset the ipod while its connected and nothing has worked.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yeah, thats the catch!
    Going beyond nonNative ( your pc / Laptop ) will cause that kind of trouble!

This is why after more trouble than worth I switched to RockBox OS for my 5.5G

Anyway, try this:

Uninstall (properly with registry cleaning). Reinstasll Tunes and try again to connect them. If not try formating (dunno if nano does that) or go back to you friends Pc/Tunes and try reseting (firmware reset) your pod there!

Honestly Tunes is a prime example how twisted Jobs and Co are!

Good luck!

3. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Are you using the correct USB cable to connect to the computer? I had a problem in the past when I was trying to use an "ipod charger" cable to connect to my PC instead of the ipod USB cable with the Apple logo on it. Everything worked except itunes wouldn't recognize my ipod.

4. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is another possibility, since the charger cable omits the data communication lanes and only provides the power. So that the pod still is able to play songs or movies while powered by cable or recharging!

let us know.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.