1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's over, it's over (Big Brother)....

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Malovae, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Thank the Lord its over :D :D :D :D Big Brothers finished!

I can finally watch normal TV at home again, I never want to see another one.. ever (not that I watched this one though)

:edit: sorry, this should have been in the Sensorium, just realised as i posted.

[ August 13, 2005, 14:57: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Big Brother sucks and while I normally wouldn't care, I'm glad to hear it's over.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Big Brother is just plain terrible. I only ever watched bits of the first one (in the UK anyway), when the concept was mildly interesting, but I can't believe that people still watch it.

4. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What to say about Big Brother : It's almost impossible that something can be so annoying and so stupid!

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Did they see it coming? :p

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

wait. they didn't show that here in asia, but isn't big brother the show where they show tons of nude girls showering and stuff like that? :eek:

7. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I am a yank here in the 'states' (ie the USA). We do have a US version of BB but I have never watched it. Since my job takes me to the UK once a year, I follow the UK news via the web news sites. I discovered UK's BB via ananova.com (which used to have a gimmick talking computerized woman to read the news). The UK BB is a lot bolder than anything on our prudish US TV. I actually follow the news on BB each year even though I cannot watch it. I would like to see what the exit interviews with Davinia are like. Sometimes the audiance booing. Way over the top compared to anything on our TV.

8. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I dunno how it is in the UK, but here in the States the 'reality tv' fad has ruined mainstream television. All I can bear to watch nowadays are movies, Star Trek reruns, and anew episodes of my favorite shows. (Family Guy and the Simpsons, mainly :p )

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In Poland, we have way too much of it. I could name four reality shows without even watching any occasionally, let alone being a fan, of which three revolve around a house in which the whole party is locked. :rolleyes:

We've had some trouble here with people stripping naked and having sex, cameras being hidden in bathrooms and toilets and showing naked people without them knowing, to their subsequent outrage. We've also had morons who have been in a real life relationship and started Frenching or petting with the first best person in the show right after getting there. Or that girl who had a thing with two guys because she couldn't choose.

See how much I know even as I'm not even completely disinterested but simply creeped out by the whole thing. You just can't avoid hearing about it. It's everywhere.

10. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Here at Spain we had BB (is the sixth edition) it lasts about 3 or 4 months and when finishes starts BB Vip, and when that finishes starts the House of your life, and when that finishes starts Operacion Triunfo (a show where a bunch of kids sing until there's only one left) so basically we have this kind of shows all year long, and of course, tons of shows dedicated to talk about it (from 10am till 22).
    I always wondered how life should be for all those dedicated watchers if suddenly, all those shows disapear.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I heared that here in the Netherlands a new BB has started, with a woman who is about to give birth and keep the child a while in the house, IIRC.
    Pretty darn silly, if you want my opinion.
    I't's not a wonder why I watch so TV so little. And I actually never cared to watch Big Brother, Temptation Island and the likes of it. If they could broadcast an interesting movie in stead.... But nooooo!

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Big brother is good television. I mean, what else is there on British TV? X factor? Eastenders? I don't think so.. I remember in the first few years I used to think it was rubbish, but when I got into it, it was actually pretty addictive. I watched it right to the end this year. Since it finished, I have not even turned on the TV.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

There is always Australian soaps like Neighbours and Home and Away :shake:

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Horrid show, the Dutch show MoN talked about just started and indeed it sucks like it has never sucked before.

Anyway, just wanted to comment that there are a few quality shows out there: CSI (only the original with the master called Gil) Lost (Great suspens during the end) 24 (Although if Jack doesn't die this season I won't watch again) Joey (good simple fun)

15. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You left out the sopranos...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.