1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's a little thing.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sapiryl, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Um, maybe this is a dumb thread, but I just gotta ask.

I found a Gesen Bow Shaft during the Skinner quest, but after beating the game, I had not found the string! Could anyone tell me where it is? :confused:

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The string is in Spellhold behind one of the walls with the monster pictures on them.

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Thanx!

Oh, and by the way, what can Mithril Tokens be used for? By the end of the game, I was lugging around like 30 of them and never had any idea of what to do with them.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Behind the same wall is a vending machine that takes the tokens and dispenses magic footwear and one piece of magic armor depending on how many tokens you deposit.

5. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] :DThis has probably already been said somewhere but the best number to put in is 15 tokens. This gives you the boots of speed. Then you can use the rest on whatever else you want. :D

6. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

OOOOO-kkaaaaaaayyy.

So, do they have an arcade with Pong, Alien Invasion, Pac-Man and all the other Medieval games back there too, or were you being serious? (After meeting Neeber, I'm ready to believe anything.)

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Oh, yes, the vending machine is really there... No Medieval video games that I am aware of however. :)

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] O.K.

Does anyone BESIDES Blackthorne know what the Mithril Tokens are for? ;)

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

They are for exactly what he spoke of. There is a machine just past the Room of Face Riddles. There is a chest in one room with 3 Golems. Go south through the door in this room and you'll come to the magic machine.

Use the tokens on this machine to get a different reward pending on how many tokens you put into it.

Syl...

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] So when did I become so untrustworthy?! ;)

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Seriously, and you can trust me on that. Funny concept, but then again Spellhold is a funny place.
    I was surprised by the slot machine as I like to call it as well... But the thing about it and tokens is real. And you can't use them for anything else either, so make sure you get the boots of speed the first time because you probably won't be coming back.

12. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Since you started to put a ;) after your posts. You can trust BTA. No really. Seriously. Damn it! :D

Syl...

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Sorry Blackthorne, but I just had to be sure. A spellhold vending machine was just way too out there for me. :D

I know exactly which room your talking about, as I could never get in there. Only two of my party members had bludgeoning weapons, and one was Aerie, so, go figure right? :rolleyes:

14. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

You don't have the Flail of Ages being used by an ever-so-powerful, kick-ass front line fighter?

Or perhaps the Mace of Disruption +2 being dual wielded in the other hand?

Smashing, bashing, crashing your way to victory with saliva spitting out the side of your maw, your teeth gnawed and locked, your eyes full of rage and fury?

Ah. Those were the days.

Syl...

15. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Now Syl, is that nostalgia for BG2 I'm detecting? Naw, couldn't be! ;)

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Obviously, otherwise he'd be longing for something more powerful than that puny flail of the ages.
    Ages is right. AGES ago I used it last. Heh heh.

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Well, I never did any of the Chapter 2 quests except for the main storyline, I just did what the Shadow Thieves wanted me to do, and went to Spellhold as soon as possible.

Bear in mind, that I had not maxed out my XP at the end of the game, and I got out of the Underdark in just under 31 days.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.