1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"It" is here (friendly warning)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Oxymore, May 6, 2004.

1. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"It" all begun in the middle of the night, as "it" always does. After all, if that kind of things happened in broad day light, "it" would not even be noticeable. Really, nothing is more true: the common people never realised this, and most probably, they never will.

There is a reason of course, but the first explanation to come to anyone's mind is always the same, and it's always false. So, the reason is not because the senses of the common men and women aren't good enough, not because "it" is concealing itself in any way, not because they don't care, no... the real reason is that, at a certain subcounscious level, everybody is aware of "it". However, the painful reality of what "it" really is, what "it" stands for and aims for is just too much to bear for the untrained psyché. Therefore the brain, with no other defensive mean at its disposal, reluctantly settles the matter by shutting itself off completely and totally ignoring "it".

Some claim I speak nonsense, that nothing I've said is true, that "it" doesn't exist. Yet, what additional proof is there? If they don't believe "it" exists, it's because they've been in contact with "it". Being caught unprepared, and lacking the knowledge and discpline to apprehend "it", they incounciously chose to ignore the problem rather than to deal with it. There's no blame to lay on them, they were not weak, they were not afraid, they just hadn't what it takes. No half-measures exist in this matter: either you can deal with "it" or you can't, and if you can't, you just can't, ignorance is the way, ignorance or madness. On a sidenote, if the people who don't believe me are able to stand and speak on their own, that's because they're not mad, they went with ignorance rather than folly when presented with "it" which they couldn't handle. Choosing sanity at the expense of ignorance is a testimony to their inner strength. But this doesn't cloud the awful, plain, naked truth. In the end, they are wrong, and I am right: "it" is here.

So, "it" happened during the night, as always... or rather... no, this was no ordinary night. Not by a long shot. Sure, the sky was black except for a few bright spot here, those spots that can be heard yelling "hey, I'm a star look at me" when you're silent enough. Not ordinary, that's for sure, it was too cold ... or too warm I don't remember, but something definitely wasn't right. I was awake, I couldn't sleep that night. That happens all the time, but usually because of cafeine. Little did I know that on this particular night, "it" was coming for me.

At first, I couldn't believe it, that is, as explained earlier, the normal reaction, I couldn't stop staring, hearing, feeling, tasting "it" everywhere around me, sensing, probing, coldly sizing me. Fear overwhelmed me, faced with this unknown "it" and not sure of what to expect, I couldn't control my body anymore, I was shaking, terrified. Then "it" spoke.

Never had I heard such a thing. When I say "heard" it's hardly an accurate term, but there simply is no human word to describe what happened so I'll just say I heard what "it" said.

What did "it" say you ask? Well, I cannot transfer that knowledge to you. Nor would I if could, I don't want to unleash a wave of madness that couldn't be stopped and condemn humanity by a few mere words. No, that I won't do, out of respect, out of fear or something else, who knows? "It" knows.

What's the point of this then? Well, there's no point to make, "it" arrives sooner or later, there's no escape, just thought you might want to know.

Be ready for "it", I say. Be ready... even if there's no way for you to be.

2. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Nice story, but do u want us to guess what "it" was?

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Now I'm seriously spooked. Nice work, Oxymore!

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

...uuhh.... man... I mean MAN, *I* wrote this?
    "It" must be a bottle of vodka or something...

Anyhoo, thanks Hacken and yes, Dalveen, you're welcome to guess, for I don't even remember writing this...

5. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Of course you don't remember writing this...that is how "it" would want you to feel.

I was visited by "it" just last night, and I've finally figured out what "it" is all about...

"It" is...

I'm sorry, I've been instructed to say no more...I'm sure you understand.

In fact...there is no "it", just the ravings of Oxymore when he had imbibbed a little too much spirits.

Ignore this thread.

Go about your business.

All is well... :confused:

How 'bout those Knicks? :p

6. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, unlucky about no remebering writting this.

But anyway, could "It" be death maybe?

Also maybe someone hacked your account and decided to write a good story for u :p

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Wasn't "It" some crazy ass clown?

That film made me laugh ...

8. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

Lol. Seems you couldn't deal with "it", Hacken. Or perhaps you could, hmmm... :1eye:

The post date matches the happy hours I had been having (and no, 7PM isn't awfully early, it's actually awfully late), so I guess it's my doing all right.

I wonder if this could be continued somehow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.