1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It is about time!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by joacqin, Apr 3, 2008.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thats my point, I already know all the spells I am interested in knowing and the last two level ups I got my skillpoints, my 1d4 hp and the chance to pick to new spells! As for the spells getting more powerful, they wont. They are pretty much all capped at max power at lvl20. If I got a few fighter levels I would get a few more HP at least, I dunno. I guess I would get the epic feat spells anyways? Levelling up and basically gaining nothing feels a bit pointless.

2. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

well, epic wizard does receive an extra feat at levels 23,26 and 29, and familiar continues to improve up to level 30 as well, plus it helps with variable spell effects (unless capped), and also spell penetration checks

other than that, if you're nongood you can take a level of pale master for extra AC, or possibly go the eldritch knight route, although i doubt it's actually worth it and you lose a caster level

anyway whatever you take won't affect your game very much, so i'd just go wizard 30

3. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Master Leo is right.

And there is a lot of epic feats you can take, I.E. Epic Spell Penetration and so on.

As for Epic Spells, there is 2 more: Entropic Husk and Epic Gate.

Entropic Husk' usefullness is hard to defend, IMO. It changes an enemy into a primal entropy that attacks friends and foes alike. But Epic Gate is a decent summoning spell, if you need that.

I don't know if your Red Wizard will get recognition, I actually haven't read any postings concerning that, and haven't played one.

But I think it is weird that you can't wear Red Wizard robes. One of my chars had a UMD around 20 and had no problems wearing it?

As for crafting I haven't ran into any recipe books in-game. But when you examine essenses dropped, the recipes are in the description of the essense. Otherwise there is a couple of good crafting guides as mentioned.

You can use OC crafting in MotB, but the problem is that there isn't many gems to be found. I found a Blue Diamond, a Star Sapphire, a couple of Diamonds and Emeralds on my last run through.

And I used the Blue Diamond to craft a Fortified armor, a recipe MotB crafting doesn't have.

But MotB crafting is much more powerful than OC crafting, so I don't think you will miss anything.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wouldnt I get a lot more epic feats if I started taking fighter levels? As for the red wizard robes, whenever I tried to put one on Safya said that she was the only one that could wear those, ie the game treats as red wizard robes as her robes. Thinking about taking hte last seven levels in pale master, I fit the prerequisites and at least I would gain something. Guess I would get the epic spell feats to choose from anyways?

5. Master Leo Gems: 7/31

you don't receive any particular recognition for being a generic RW

i'm pretty sure you can, but they have to be generic RW robes, not safiya's robes from the beginning

i don't think it's worth taking more than 1 level of PM (the first one still gives you a caster level), because it's only 5/10th of a caster, so you are effectively weakening your wizard spellcasting, for gaining a few extra more ore less useless abilities

like i said, if you want to go melee, take eldritch knight instead, if you can, it's almost like a fighter but is also 9/10 of a caster, so you pay 1 caster level for high BAB and 6HP per level, not bad at all

6. joacqin

Media:
    I seriously doubt caster levels will matter much. Ending up with 27 caster levels or 30 cant have all that much impact on the game. Do not think I fit the prereqs for eldritch knight. I am mostly just whining here as it seems that the "epic" levels doesn't really seem to improve your character very much if you are a caster. I do not want to go melee or fight, I just want to see my character gain something on level up, as I stated earlier gaining 7 skill points, 1d4hp and the choice of two already rejected spells does not make much of a difference. Where is the "epic" in the epic levels?

7. Master Leo Gems: 7/31

epic levels really aren't that great, it's just an icing, that's why most people go for 20/10 builds to make optimal use of one base class and one prestge class
    ifyou play a wizard, caster levels are obviously very important, and there is really no need to get fighter for extra feats & hp, spells like stoneskin and elemental protection practically negate the damage altogether

if you really want to multiclass your character, rogue might be a be a somewhat better choice, possibly wizard-rogue-arcane trickster build, but i don't really see the improvement, locks and traps can be done with safiya's familiar, and sneak attacks are useless since most creatures are immune

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.