1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Issues

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gaear, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Everybody's got issues. What are yours?

I've been told that I have "trust issues," and I suppose I would have to concede that I don't trust very well.

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Daddy, Mental and Body :p

Thought I had 'got over' the former admittedly, was rather surprised earlier today to discover otherwise.

Secondary is primarily still trying to piece together a year I can't remember due to some particularly poor choice of painkillers on the doctors part (If your patients have an adverse reaction with psychological side effects to one medication - why would you prescribe the one up from it? :confused:)

The latter, every now and then I fall apart ;)

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've got issues of Scientific American, Discover, Consumer Reports and PC Gamer magazines. :) And I'm thinking about subscribing to Make.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think I know it all... according to the wifey.
    I have no hair on the top of my head, that's an issue!
    My stomach has grown over the last year and I am defintely in denial of it... again, according to the ball and chain.
    I get sarky with my boss and my bosses' boss. I definitely have an issue with authority.

Gaear likes this.
  5. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Oh boy, I have a whole list of issues.
    1) I tend to overthink on certain things that ends up stressing me out.
    2) On the other hand, I am also too naive and often end up being used/taken for granted.
    3) I have self-esteem issues and hence low confidence.
    4) I am currently suffering from mild clinical depression and therefore have a host of its symptoms (lack of motivation/initiative, loss of interest in many things, lethargy, insomnia etc.)
    5) I am too honest and often say what is on my mind (I don't quite see this as an issue, but I have often been told by friends that I do end up offending people. From my perspective, I am at least being honest but admittedly, this has made me a bit of a social pariah)

6. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    According to some (they shall remain un-named) :

Too snarky.
    Clinically cynical.
    No people person.
    Think too much (about nuttin').
    Speak to little (about anything).

:)

7. Gaear

Media:
    At the risk of being intrusive, what's the Daddy issue? I don't really want to know for the sake of personal gossip, I just never really knew what that sort of issue was.

I've heard that that can be a 'vicious cycle' type thing - overthinking leads to more overthinking and greater stress and so on. Is that true in your case?

I don't know - you seem to wade through the movie quotes/scenes threads with great authority. ;)

I wouldn't see it as an issue either. Better that than being dishonest. ('Dishonesty' issues? Heh.).

Blades mentioned that too ... what is that, being a wise-ass?

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have issues with nosey people. :p

9. Gaear

Media:
    A-ha - you've got privacy issues! They can be overcome with immersion therapy. Tell us everything about yourself, and why you feel the way you do about everything, starting with the day you were born ... ;)

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I got people issues. At an online community, it's fine - I can basically ignore anyone I don't feel like talking to. In RL however, I'd say about 90% of people I meet I end up not liking.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My own issues are from the fact he left taking all our savings, then crops up like a bad penny every few years as if no time has passed and as if nothing is wrong. I eventually gave up trying to contact him as his phone number changed every month and if I left messages they'd just get ignored. Last year he turned around saying it wasn't his responsibility to keep in touch and I should "grow up" and keep in touch if I'm bothered.

Meh, last time I spoke ill of the old goat I got a panicked phone call from my eldest half-brother where he had a stroke so I probably shouldn't tempt fate... too much :p

12. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    @Gaear

1) Yes, that is very true. It becomes a positive feedback loop. I start overthinking; why did this happen, could I have avoided it, why did they say that, was I wrong, then I start stressing out. Then when I stress out, I start thinking about it more often. And so on and so forth....

3) It is quite different in real life and in an anonymous board/chat where I am not in a real time conversation face-to-face. Plus, movies are one of the few things I am passionate about.

5) True. Because of how I speak out, the close friends that I have are friends that I know love me for me because they appreciate my honesty. On the other hand, my circle of close friends is tiny. And possibly shrinking.

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have "people-with-issues"-issues. Darn you all!

Seriously:
    Fear of failure. Insecurity. Perfectionism.

I have no trouble with social situations, though, nor do I have a low self-esteem (it's not very high either...).

14. Gaear

Media:
    Heh, I was going to say something to try to make you all feel better, but then I realized I have 'hero' issues. ;)

(btw, thanks for your answers, Faye and 8.)

15. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In a rough kind of way, yes. Kinda like a grumpy wise-ass.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.