1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Israel vs Lebanon: Deliberate Targetting of UN Positions, Red Cross?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by chevalier, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Belief in the coming of a messiah has always been a tenet of Judaism. Some believed that Jesus was this messiah, and became Christian. The rest are still waiting.

But this is all horribly :yot:

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

My thanks, BOC and Aldeth, for answering that. Though the question now arises that, if they are separate sites, could we not separate interests within the city? Though I'm not one for gated communities, this does seem like an ideal place for such a thing.
    No, there were wackos before Jesus, and wackos before Muhammed. Without that leader (Muhammed was god-touched, if not god-born, as was Moses) there was no religion, beliefs or no beliefs.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whoa now, at least try to keep this about the fighting in Lebanon; a discussion of the roots of religion or the integration of foreigners into society merit separate threads.

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    This just in. Hezbollah wounds 3 UN peacekeepers in Lebanon. The world waits for the howls of anger and outrage. :rolleyes:

If you listen carefully you may be able to hear the crickets. :D

5. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Read these two articles. There are so many articles that claims Israel spares Lebanese lives for water. article1 article2

6. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Rally: Jews may have recieved more freedoms, but Mohammad still classified Christians as "People of the Book". Whether or not later Muslims honored that has no bearing on whether or not Mohammad said it in Hadith.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Snook, I would rather see it as if you are able to see the darkness within yourself you can more easily guard against it and see it in others. This is off-topic but during the last couple of months your rhetoric in this forum have been xenophobic and paranoid to the extreme and I know it is a deadhorse but eerily reminiscent of the rhetorics of the 1930's.

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Thanks for the clarification, Drew! :wave:

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The world will be denied the howls of revulsion, coz making targets of UN personnel is to be expected of terrorists, though not of democratic nations. What Israel did there somehow remembered me of how the UN was bombed out of Iraq by terrorists.
    Perhaps Israel will be spared the anger and outrage once it's recognized as one of those rogue nations/terrorist organizations? If it walks like a duck...

10. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Some "democratic nations" (especially their intelligence agencies/secret services) are more terrorist than terrorist organizations. There are too much evidences of it in history and in these days. For now, 2 countries come to my mind...

11. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Joacqin

You coudn't be further from the truth. What you see as xenophobic and paranoid ravings, I see as a potential future that isn't particularly desireable. I happen to be very fond of my society as it is now. I like living under secular laws and having constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. This is my country and my society and I am very proud of it. Anybody and everybody can come over here and join us. Note the key word is join. America has become what it is by being a melting pot and adding all of the very best qualities of the people who join us.

I have absolutly no tolerance for people who instead of wanting to meld and add to our society and culture instead want to force our society to conform with theirs while reaping the benefits of ours.

If that makes me xenophobic and paranoid then so be it, but I don't believe that meets either definition.

By the way I want to particulary thank you for the Nazi reference. Being a Jew it is something I will treasure forever.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, many jews in Israel are adopting many of the views of the nazis just replacing jew for arab so you arent alone in that. Being of a ethnic group that has been persecuted doesnt make you immune from bigotry and racism.

The one sure way to make the potential future you are so afraid of to be more likely is to adapt the attidue you have. Of confrontations, of fear and of suspicion. Why would someone want to adapt and be a part of a multi-ethnic society if the dominant group see them as dangerous parasites out to drink their blood?

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Agreed, wholeheartedly. I happen to think that Spike Lee and Al Sharpton are the most racist people in America today, but that's beside the point.

Please elaborate, and cite credible references to specific incidents that lead you to this conclusion.

14. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

These may not be 'nazi' tactics, but then again they are not much better:

In Hebron, 85% of the water is given to about 400 settlers, while 15% must be divided among Hebron's 120,000 Palestinians.

Palestinian license plates in Israel are colour coded to distinguish Jews from non-Jews

Israel has set up 'Jew only' roads in the West Bank

It was only 1988 that Jew only jobs were banned

The above are taken from a local newspaper.

15. joacqin

Media:
    It is an impression given frmo having followed the situation in Middle East for many years. Arabs in and around Israel seems to be viewed and treated by many jews in Israel as barely human. Very hard to give cold facts about an opinion of the attitude of other people.

We do have the fact that most Arab live in what basically amounts to ghetto's completely reliant on outside resources to survive. Arbitray night raids and arrest where people just disapear at the very suspicioun of "terrorist" activities or even knowing someone suspected without any kind of trial or if it is a trial it is a sham. Roadblocks everywhere stopping people from basically going anywhere forcing you constantly look down the barrel of a gun belonging to a uniformed man. This is the stuff that seems to be widely known and acknowladged even by Israel so whats going on that isnt we can only speculate about.

16. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Don't take it as an offence but I think this is the reason of your infinite support to Israel's crimes.

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    And I shall assume the fact that you attend a University in Turkey (a nation with a 99% Muslim population ) is the reason for your infinite support for the Islamic terrorists in the middle east and your belief that Israel commits crimes.

Fair enough?

18. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Yes, you are right, I'm from Turkey. But as I said before, I don't like Arabs very much and I'm not one of them. Yes, there are radical Muslims who see themselves close to Arabs in Turkey; but I'm not one of them and I care very little about religion. I am neither religious nor Arab fan. I just don't like governments and armies which act like the owner of the world (to say clearly, USA and Israel governments and armies).

So, it is not completely fair enough.

It IS a nazi tactic.

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is not technically correct yellow plates are for Israeli citizens and blue plates are for Palestinians. Arabs who are citizens and live in Israel have the same color license plates. Now it is true that 80% of Israel is Jewish, but that doesn't mean they are a Jew only plate.

20. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Snook: Until recently, open displays of religious piety and even the wearing of head coverngs in Turkey were illegal. Due to a grass roots movement consisting of an even mix of devout muslims and secular freedom of speech advocates, that has changed. What has not changed, however, is the fact that Turkey is a secular nation whose religion only happens to be Islam in much the same way the predominant religion of England just happens to be christianity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.