1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Islam - a dictionary

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Ragusa, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

There is just one difference the Taliban and most badly educated Muslims don't see themselves as illitaretes because their society accepts the fact that if one knows the Qur'an by heart is considered an educated person. This also goes in India for kama sutra. A person that has not read it isn't considered educated no matter how many diplomas, Msc, phd, you name it has. The word jihad is used mainly for defensive wars against people of other religions attacking an Islamic country. And don't forget that the Qur'an has a point of view for every aspect of life like the jewish bible has too. This does not applies for the Cristians.

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Erm... you prob mean something like the Tantra's, Kama Sutra is somewhat different

3. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] No i mean Kama sutra. It's not only about sex this book it has and philoshophical topics as well and other stuff too. I've read it and i did too expected sex positions and that kind of stuff but it has much more than that.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Uh-huh, and what was a fancy pervert like you doing in a book like that? Huh? Before you know it also had philosophical aspects? hmmm? ;)

[Before this goes any farther, remember which forum you are in; serious discussions only - BTA]

[ April 08, 2003, 05:38: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Believe me, Yago, I wouldn't want to mess with either Pakistan or India, given their present nuclear capability. I was merely pointing out that if Islam were under attack, those two countries would have to be included on the list of targets.

As an aside, and one that is :yot: to boot, India and Pakistan are the two countries that I see being the first to have an actual nuclear exchange in history. They hate each other, they've been at war several times in the past few decades, and even when they are not at war they both have armed troops in the Kashmir taking shots at each other. If it happens anywhere, this will be the place.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.