1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is my party going to make it?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Necrophex, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hi guys,

I just entered the Ice Temple, killed High Priestess if I remember it right, wasn't a very hard battle though.
    But I just wanna know if my party is good enough to make it, can someone give me some advise, so maybe I can restart now instead of in chapter 5 :p

Here is my party:

Fighter 4/ Barbarian 5
    Uses greatswords and hammers for golems and that kind of enemies...he's going all barbarian from now on

Fighter 4/ Rogue 5
    Uses dual longswords and maces on switch for golems again, she's going rogue for the rest of the run

Rogue 1/ Monk 8
    Uses fists and is my main scout and magekiller, going monk all the way from now

Ranger 1/ Bard 8
    Uses ambi en two weapon fighting, also with weapon finesse...he uses dual short swords and on his switch he has a long bow

Paladin 1/ Sorcerer 8
    Spellcaster, mostly bomber, going sorcerer from now on

Wizard 8
    Main spellcaster, mostly a summoner, going to be a pure wizard

I know I made some mistakes in multiclassing etc. Just don't wanna start all over, and as I mentioned in another post, there is no perfect party :) it just has to fit your needs, but all suggestions of improving my party are more than welcome!

But my main question is if can complete the game, I don't want it to be INSANELY hard, so if you can tell me that...

Thanks!

2. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Change your monk to a pure monk to get the monk's better attack bonuses.

3. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

Ahhh is that it?

I didn't find my monk fit in to the rumors I heard about the famous monk...
    thanks for the advise...maybe I will start over, with a more balanced party, I want a cleric :)

Thanks again!

4. Trypt Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It seems that you did a lot of research since all those combos are what I would refer to as power combos. Yes, the monk should be solo the whole way, there is no need for a wizard at all, i would just go with a pure sorcerer (IWD2 doesn't have that many good scrolls so a sorcerer is preferable, unless you mean to explore every nook and do every little quest), I would replace the wizard with a druid, loads of crazy offencive spells, fun to play due to shapeshifting, and she can wear heavy armour without any problems, weild big swords, very fun.. The only char you need to change is the fighter/rogue, give him one more rogue level for level 6, then all fighter levels until he gets to level 12, that will give him an extra attack (at level 12) so with dual wielding he'll have 5 attacks, will be deadly, and you can have lots of rogue skills too so he'll be just fine as a rogue (but also a very strong fighter). then go back to rogue levels and reach level 10, take improved evasion (and whatever other feat you like that becomes available) then continue with the fighter.

[ December 19, 2002, 21:36: Message edited by: Trypt ]

5. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

Hi trypt..

This info helped A LOT! Thanks man..
    I'm just not that good at the statistics yet, attack per round, that kind of stuff..
    But you got me a little more in the right direction, thanks!

6. Trypt Gems: 3/31

for your fighter/rogue

make sure you give him/her lots of dex, int 12 is a must for the extra skill point, cha is not important, wis is good for saves, and strength and con are whatever you want them to be.. this character will be your favorite, but the time he is fighter8/rogue6 he will be your serious attacker, awesome ranged attacker, and he'll have all the rogue skills over 12 (open locks, search, bluff, intimidate, diplomacy, hide, move silently, disable device). in my opinion this is the most versitile and deadly char you can have, besides the magic users which are obvious. of course your barbarian will be a handful, but just a pure tank.

7. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

Hi man, thanks again!

Really usefull info, just 1 question...
    Is there any place on the web I can learn about all the statistics and stuff...you just mentioned that you will have an extra skill point with 12 INT. Where do I find that kind of info??

Thanks again

8. Trypt Gems: 3/31

the best way is to buy the 3E players handbook, that way you're ready to play PnP as well if the need arises, and in there you'll find everything.. but the bonuses are right besides your stats, when you have 12 INT, you get +1, 14 +2, 16 +3 and so on for every stat, now you just need to know which parts of the game use which stat, and that I have no idea where you'd find except in the game manual (which I don't have) or players handbook for D&D. here is a few, strength bonus is for melee weapons, dex for armour and ranged bonus, as well as bonus to reflex save, con is hitpoint bonus per round (nice) as well as fortitude save bonus, intelligence is spell bonus (for wizards), and bonus skills per level, wisdom is will saving throw bonus, as well as spell bonus for clerics, druids, paladins, and charisma is good for sorcerers, and it gives bonuses to various skills that have to do with charisma, like diplomacy and bluff. each skill gets its bonus from a stat, but I don't know them all, some of them are pretty self explanatory (move silently is Dex and so on)

9. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Let me tell you something: You will be able to beat the game with any party. How do I know?
    Because I beat it with a party as follows:

1 - Human : Fighter 16 / Barbarian 1
    2 - Aasimar : Paladin 11 / Fighter 5
    3 - Half-Orc : Barbarian 17
    4 - Half-Elf : Cleric 11 / Rogue 6
    5 - Half-Elf : Druid 17
    6 - Moon Elf : Wizard 17

So, as you can see if I were able to beat the game with this group, I can tell that it is "beatable" by any other parties.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.