1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it time to create DA3 section

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' started by Munchkin Blender, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I recommend creating a Bioware section and listing each one of their non-D&D games under it as Bioware does have an assortment of RPG games now out there.

2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

If they continue down the path of DA2, why bother? DA2 wasn`t even a roleplaying game.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Neither are Mass Effect 2 & 3, but they still have sections here. But I would argue to just make one forum for each franchise. The non-IE-games' sections on SP are not really that busy, so why not group them together a little bit so one doesn't have to scroll up and down so much?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm going to make a forum for DA3 and see if I can make the forum list more compact... I can't make a single forum for various franchises if they're currently split into several forums short of making a container forum and then listing them as subforums though. Just merging everything into a single forum (say DA 1-3) would mean all the DA1 and 2 threads would be mixed together. Same goes for any other series.

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Has DA3 even been announced yet?

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Yes to an extent. Bioware has announced they are looking for developers to develop the game and they want gamers feedback through their website. So yes, DA3 is being made. Will it reach the hand of gamers, right now I would say yes.

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Aparantly they are going with the ME2 + DA2 lack of customizable companion armours\outfits again...Instant fail right there.

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I second this.

9. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I very much enjoyed my single play through of Dragon Age 2. I even posted a review of the game that was quite positive, and it was a truthful and objective review for the time that I posted it. I'll admit that the crazy action animations were satisfying to some sophmoric side of me. I finished the game, and the rating that I gave it at the time was truly reflective of my experience at the time, though I had my share of criticisms too.

That said, my second attempt at a play through lasted all of about 10 minutes before I lost interest. I had absolutely zero motivation to pick up any of the DLC for this game, and did not (except for whatever I got for pre-ordering).

I realize now, with some additional time and perspective behind me, that what Bioware gave us in DA2 was a short fling rather than a lasting love affair -- and I realize that my assessment is far kinder than that of many. Dragon Age Origins was a lasting love affair for which I happily purchased *nearly* all of the DLCs (I didn't bother with playing as the Darkspawn, just not my thing), the expansion, and played all of it multiple times with different class and party combos. I still feel that Origins was indeed the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. I would gladly play another Bioware game that captures the BG essence again.

If Dragon Age 3 isn't another spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, I'm pretty sure Bioware can count me out as a future game owner. I'm done with flings.

10. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    I doubt the spiritual successor part.
    Possibly they will adress a lot of issues that had been criticized in DA2, and I could
    imagine DA3 to be better than DA2 because of this.
    But the grand direction they are going to is basically more cinematic and action oriented.
    This is no secret, a lot of important Bioware staff said so already.
    This is good news for a lot of gamers who like it, and therefore I'm not mad at the Bioware staff and their new game design philosophy.
    I personally don't care anymore and there are still projects elsewhere I am interested in.

11. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Origins was pretty damn good. I`d say its on par with the first Kotor game. It never reached BG level, though. Still. Damn good game, and I will replay it over and over again. DA2...it will collect dust.

12. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    I liked KotoR more than DAO. Maybe it is because of the solid rules set it is based upon. And the better story.
    The first DA is by no means bad, the story just felt a little bit shallow with a boring end game villain (mega dragon appears, hit him until he drops dead *yawn*).
    Compared to Darth Malak he is just some boring, anonymous beast.

edit:

but compared to DA2, DA:O is a jewel :)

13. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I wouldn\ t call the ruleset Kotor is based on solid, though. But Malak was a better baduy than the archdemon. Still...he did have that...voicebox. Felt a wee bit like a Vader rip-off.

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    When I say that Origins was indeed the spiritual successor to BG, I certainly don't mean to imply that it was as good as BG. I'm fairly convinced that nothing will ever be as good as BG. I simply mean that DAO captures the general essence or formula of much that made BG what it is. It is a worthy successor, in several respects, but that doesn't mean that it actually hits the same bar. It comes close is some respects, and surpasses in others (graphics, obviously), but overall there is an extra dose of "magic" in the BG series that sets it apart.

If I had more time, I'd try to quantify it better, but my 5 minute mental break from work is over.

Overall, I think it's clear that Bioware is now heading down a very different path than they were even with Origins. And that is not a path I am personally interested in heading down, so I will likely just need to wish them well, and hope for BGEE to materialize a true and worth BG3. There's really little else going on in CRPG-land that I have much interest in.

15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Ohh i wasn`t saying that I thought you were saying that you feel DA:O is as good as the BG series :) And I do agree: It is a good spiritual successor. I was probably abit unclear; since i was writing the post while on the phone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.