1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it any good?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Dark Xan, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Your character gets 8 points in every catergory (Charisma, Dexterity, ect...) plus/minus racial characteristics. You then get 25 points to distribute into each of the categories. However when your stats get higher it takes more points to increase the scores. From 9-14 it takes 1 point, 15-16 it takes 2 points, 17-18 2 points. So you end up with a lot of fighters with high strenghts but charismas of 3 and so on.

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My friend has this game and I got to play one combat. Gotta say, it wasn't as easy to play as Infinity Engine games, but I'm still getting it. I think the turn based combat will allow for more strategy. Since the characters are low-power, the strategy is all important!

I'm looking forward to trying to create balance of combat, magic & healing with only 4 people.

I'm also looking forward to developing 4 characters, their voices, personalities, etc ... the way I had to way back when I was playing Ultima 3

4. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

oh i see now i thought mabye it ment a rating for the game or something

5. The Grim Pickle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Actually, let me explain a little more. Unless I hit a barrier in the coming levels (and since I was able to multiclass from monk to paladin to begin with, I don't think barriers are being applied), my monk/paladin will eventually proceed as a sorcerer. one level of paladin (for Charisma bonuses to saves, hp, weapons), few of Monk (combat-out-of-armor and other bumps), and then proceed as the sorcerer for the remainder. Sort of a Mystic-themed Half-Elf.

IF I return to play the game... :mad:

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ahhh, I see. But wouldn't that carry a hefty exp penalty for playing with three classes. I've never tried to play with three classes (other than prestige classes) so I'm not exactly full speed on how expereince penalties work for characters with more than two classes.

7. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Assuming they are applying the exp penalty according to the rules, he shouldn't have too much of a problem as long as his monk class isn't 2 or more levels higher than his paladin class. He's a half elf, so his favored class is whatever is highest (sorceror in this case). So, he could be a Paladin 1, Monk 2, Sorceror to whatever with no exp penalty.

Anyway, there shouldn't be a problem with switching from Paladin to Monk (or Monk to Paladin), the only restriction is that you can't go back and add more levels to the old class. It would be perfectly legal to start as a paladin, switch to Monk, then switch to sorceror. You just shouldn't be able to level up in Monk or Paladin anymore. Don't know if they used that restriction, though.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

8. The Grim Pickle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Now that you mention it, you're right. I haven't really broken any 3e rules by going from Monk to Paladin, so maybe multiclass rules are being applied. I just went from Monk 1 to Monk 1/Paladin 1; intended to go back for one more Monk at 4th, but if I can't go back, I think I should redo and take another level of Monk now instead. Luckily, I didn't do much more after leveling up. Not being able to pick my skill progressions when the party leveled up so discouraged me that I never went back to continue the game.

IF I return to play the game! :flaming:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.