1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Interplay is Dead

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Woh, woh, woh. Not cease in EVERYTHING. Rather, let's remember the greatness they used to have. Preferably by them selling the rights to Fallout to some company that still knows how to make quality instead of just console schlock. Maybe Bioware. I've heard that they can put out a tolerable game or two when they try. :D Then, Interplay can rot for all I care, just as long as I know that somewhere, someone who knows what they're doing is working on Fallout 3, a game that'll no doubt be so good that it makes everyone who even sees it go "What Fallout and/or Fallout 2?"

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hadn't expected it to take this long...
    Anyhow, rumour has it that Interplay died today. Check the front page

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Seems like the CEO and other managers had been on vacation, or something; allowing it to get this far. If it was going to get to this, they should have paid the bills and drive the company down.

Well, "should" and "should" -guess the managers are still dreaming of getting the company back up.

4. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Heh, they're standing on the edge, and the Ripper is staring them in their eyes... Good luck :p

RIP ...

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

RIP my @ss

Good riddance.

Last post concerning Interplay from a huge Fallout fan :cry:

6. Register Gems: 29/31

I second Apeman, a rabid follower of Fallout and Icewind Dale as me REALLY despite companies like Interplay who doesn't give a flying **** for their supporters, and now look where they are.

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If they go bankrupt won't they have to sell off all their remaining licenses anyway?

FO or BG could then be alive, but somewhere else.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Sparhawk, you must mean Fallout and Icewind Dale, not Fallout and Baldur's Gate. BG was made by Bioware, not Black Isle.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Atari holds te BG license though.

And as for Fallout and other games surfacing again - I would prefer it if they didn't. It would be better for companies to come up with their own stuff.

And Herve's 'we're still alive' thingo doesn't exactly sound promising for Interplay. It's kinda like saying that you're still alive when you have a pointy stick shoved through your guts. You're pretty well screwed.

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

But Caleb, BG was published by Interplay. However I did forget Interplay lost the rights to BG some time ago. Ah well.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

News update people! NMA has also got some more stuff up that SP hasn't see yet:
    Soooo, are they dead yet? It's hard to tell with Interplay.

13. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, Interplay's original creator and owner jumped ship looong time ago, and in 98(i think) we've got the Troika boys jumping ship to.

For me everything started with two titles. These two are/were some of the worst i've thought came from Interplay before the spiral o' dooom gripped Interfake. With the exception of Fakeout: PoS, Icewind Dale and Lionheart were the worst, in my opinion, what Interfake could churn out.

Then came the announcement that they were cancelling the development of Fallout 3, WT*?! i thought, and i hoped rather foolishly that it couldn't get worse... I was wrong, with Fakeout: PoS i was worse than in my imagination.

Before Lionheart undt Icewind Dale 2 Interfake was one of the best publishers of computergames, now... they literally is almost worse than the *****heads that developed Postal and Postal 2.

My thoughts on teh matter concerning Interfake.

[ June 06, 2004, 22:00: Message edited by: Woodwyrm ]

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.