1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Kitiara, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I just bought this game.. brought it home, tried to install it and i get the error"setup.exe is not a valid win32 application"

Help!

2. herf Guest

sorted!

3. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

well kinda, got the setup to go but gets to 99% and i get a fatal error! grrrrr

_inst32i.ex_ fatal error.. anyone know what is going on and why i cannot install this brand new game?

<EDIT> GRRRR not only can i not install this silly game.. i now dont see any one in the chatrooms.. even though i see them on talk stat.. wtf!

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited July 21, 2001).]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] What OS are you trying to install it on? Planescape: Torment was made for Windows 95/98...

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

I am using win98, Pentium 2 450mhz, 96mb ram, cdrw, matrox millinium g200 video card, and yamaha sound card.

i get 99% done and the installation fatal errors.. then if i play the game, i get to the character generation, and push accept, then tells me to put cd2 in... when it already is!! grrr this is very frustrating!

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Kit, have you checked if there is enough space on your hard drive? (for caching too...)

7. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

well i have 2gigs free space.. should be more then enough.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

From what you're saying, I can only think that your CD is ruined.

If it is possible, try to install it on another comp.

btw, PT works fine on WINNT and WIN2K. Haven't tried it on WINme though...

9. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

Just bought it! I am going to take it right back..lol

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Take it back?
    Noooooo...

Ah, you mean to replace it for another copy. Yeah, that's it. Of course. Silly me.

11. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] /me does the happy dance :D

Ok... i figured it out.. was not the cd's was my cdrom. Still had the atapi drivers loaded. So i went to the manufacturer's site got the proper drivers and viola!! Woo hoo..

ty ty for your help all

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

/me plants a big wet smooch on Kit

Ahh, and I thought she'll betray us.

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Kit - I had the same problem when I bought it...I'm running Windows ME, and I have plenty o' room on my HD...Any suggestions?

What the website you visited for the drivers?

<< By the way, I was just checking out your avatar - It's kickin! >>

~Bel

14. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

Ty Sir Bel.. i thought the avatar fit me well :D

Regarding the drivers, you need to get the drivers for your specific cdrom. Do you have a rewriter? Just tell me the model # and manufacturer and i will find the website for you :)

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks Kit - The radiant, red-haired goddess to the rescue - As always!

:D ~Bel

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Bel, ain't she a goddes or not? :D

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Extremist - As a cleric of the realm, I can assure you that Kitiara is a goddess. Indeed, she falls into the category of "Deity First Class".

Looking through my scolls of mythology, she is the Fair-Maiden of Firmness, the Diva of Dancing, and the Patron Saint of Playfulness.

Please, extend to her the respect she deserves.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.