1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Insane

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Svyatoslav, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm a bit confused about that part of 'rescuing' animals 'from good homes, zoos etc.' You make it sound like PETA just storms in and takes animals from people who could very well provide for them. I've been under the impression that they take animals that are either given to them by the owners who feel they can't/don't want to keep them, or from people who treat their animals poorly. If they can't find any takers for the rescued animals, nobody can be *forced* to take them in. And since there aren't enough people willing to take in the animals, the real reason for the euthanizing is the lack of facilities. There's not enough room to keep all the animals in indefinetely.

2. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    No, that's the SPCA, which is a great group. PETA is only a little above urban terrorism. They will raid anywhere that has concentrations of animals, just as long as they think they can get away with it. They pay little attention to the conditions the animals are already in, frequently get caught, and are usually let off on a warning because 'they're just protecting the animals'. On a few occasions, they have even injured and killed people in order to get the animals out. Almost all of them are either let loose on the spot, killing most of them and causing massive damage to the area, or taken to local PETA headquarters. If the animals get there, the PETA members decide which they are willing to/capable of taking care of, and euthanize the rest.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Fixed: Aparently Peta thinks its better for them to be dead than to live under improper human supervision.

Of course, what they consider "improper" can sometimes be pretty :nuts: . Also, why do you assume that she's a part of PETA rather than the SPCA? :hmm:

4. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I would love to see these twits storming my house... Pity them, I would splatter their brain and give it to my cats.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You're well 'ard :lol:

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

SPCA, PETA...I must confess I don't really know the names. From what I've seen, yes, there are some pretty kooky groups out there; where I'm from some group went and set some minks loose in the wild, and the critters adjusted a bit too well to the ecosystem they didn't originally belong in. They did some serious damage. I didn't know PETA was one of those.

However the wacky groups seem to be a vocal minority. Sensible animal rights groups get a bad name because of what the extremists do.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

At least around here, the SPCA advocates proper care and treatment of animals. When I got married and the house we were about to move into did not allow pets, I took my wife's 3 cats to the SPCA. They did what they could to find homes for the beasts, and I'm sure that at least 2 of them did find homes. Nothing wrong with that. The SPCA cooperates with law enforcement and health authorities in dealing with people who have 500 cats in a one bedroom house or people who go around putting elastic bands around other people's pet's necks to slowly kill the beast. Nothing wrong with that either.

PETA, on the other hand, are nothing more than terrorists. They do not work with law enforcement agencies or health authorities. The destroy the legal property of other people (throwing blood on fur coats), break and enter scientific institutions carrying out legal activities, and hinder people legally engaged in hunting or fishing. They are nothing more than criminals who believe that they are above the law, and I am not exaggerating when I say they all should be locked away for life -- holding deep convictions does not exonerate criminal behaviour or provide a license to disregard the law.

8. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    The only good thing I can say about PETA is that they have never used suicide bombings (to my knowledge).
    Felinoid:
    Why did we assume who was PETA? The woman in the article? I don't know if she was or not, the PETA issue was just a related side-topic. Was it off-topic?

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Oh. With the abrupt right turn the topic took, I guess I just assumed. :o And with the topic being animal rights "insanity" (right?), I think it's on topic enough. :heh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.