1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Inklings

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Mathetais, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    It was either the end of January or the beginning of February. don't remember exactly

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Crossroads of Twilight

by Robert Jordan (Author)

List Price: $29.95
    Amazon Price: $20.97
    You Save: $8.98 (30%)
    Availability: This item will be released on January 7, 2003. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives

Order it through SP, or loose your favorite toe! ;)

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have recently been passinfg my Finnish lessons by reading Kalevala, our national Epic.... it is far more interesting than one might think. I love it.

I also read Jane Eyre some time ago.... I found it a lovely book, although people who endeacour to catch the reins of a horse should be shot. :p

Ara
    (Sniffles, and busy)

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Just finished re-re-re-re-re-reading Call of the Wild by Jack London. Awesome story on many levels.

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

aegron, not really, since he could have found a way to go to an island, isolated from the rest of society, just like Helmholtz and Bernard. Anyways, an intelligent man like John could have thought of a few things to do, other than suicide.

Mathetais, if Camus said that, then I question his intelligence.
    And, if you want to continue reading about working out and eating healthy then I recommend anything written by Joe Weider.

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Faerus ... Camus was depressed. Pessimistic Nihilsm will do that to you.

I used to subscribe to Muscle & Fitness ... edited and published by Joe Weider. Good Stuff!

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Everyone must read the Galactic Mileu Trilogy and its sequel/prequel The Saga of the Exiles. These are amazingly brilliant

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Got a call from an old friend yesterday who was looking for a "different" sort of fantasy book to read. He'd been through all the typical stuff and I was stumped, so I while I was talking I hopped onto this forum and gave some great advice.

I think he's going to pick up David Gemmel's Waylander books, and maybe David Edding's Belgariad.

Thanks for your literacy!

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I just... well, last week, read The Secret History by Donna Tart (Tartt?) and I liked it a lot. Anyone else ever read it?

I bought myself four books today. Pyramids by Terry Pratchett, Sea of Swords by R.A. Salvatore, Bored of the Rings and the second part of the Soveirgn Stone trilogy, I can't remember what it's called and I'm too lazy to go get it...

Ara
    (Back hurt. Fingers hurt. Ouchy ouchy)

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hi Ara,

Bored of the Rings is great! :)

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I first read BOTR 20+ years ago. I remember my mother sending me out of the room because I was laughing so hard!

13. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] bored of the ring? please tell me more!

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Spoof by Harvard Lampoon. IIRC, lots of body-function humor but some clever gems as well. Good satire of the poetry ("An elven maid there was of old, a stenograher by day...").

Check the SP lists - it's there!

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

From Fantasy to Reality ...

John Snow has recently been nominated as the treasury secretary for the USA.

Just think ... I was impressed when the voted him High Warden ;)

[ December 11, 2002, 16:51: Message edited by: Mathetais ]

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

See people! Bush's decisions aren't all bad!

Jon Snow for President!

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Today in History
    Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" was first published in 1843.

19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A friend loaned me "Bridge of Birds" by Barry Hughart. The subtitle is "A Novel of an Ancient China That Never Was". I am only 60 pages into it, very interesting story, characters, and writing style.

20. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was recently reading The Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Not fantasy, but very good if you're even slightly interested in Chinese history or legends.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.