1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

India- Women only carriages- men humiliated

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Shoshino, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    As far as I understand the situation, it's not a "women here, men there" carts. There is one cart that is reserved for women who do not want to stay in the mixed carts. The way I see it, with the news and experience people have shared, is there's so many men that grope females, it becomes unbearable for them. Yes it's illegal, but there's not enough guard/police representation to actually be useful. Since they have no more options than be groped, I don't think a "women who don't want to get groped" cart is so bad. It's a pretty good compromise.

With that said, I still don't agree with the violent way the women in the video passed their message. I think it was unnecessary. Every country has laws against citizens taking justice in their own hands. No group except police (and even there...) should be able to hit someone legally. They very well could have only stood in the doorway of the cart, effectively stopping the train from taking off, until all the men have cleared the cart.

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    youre thinking like a man, women find different things attractive, add:

Biceps, abs (espacially six packs) and hair

3. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    But we all possess biceps, abs, and hair (more or less), and they're not on the 'naughty' list in any culture that I'm aware of. (Maybe your tummy, I guess, sort of ... so if we count tummies, that means 3 areas for men and 4 or 5 areas for women. Women are still ahead and always will be because they have boobs and men don't.)

4. Triactus

Media:
    What Shoshino is trying to say is that yes, targets for men are genetalia, breasts and butts, but you can't think like a man when your look at the targets for women. They like to fondle a lot of stuff (like biceps, six-packs, hair) that men don't generally care for all that much. Yes women have biceps, but I don't think we'll see a man getting off on touching them...

5. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

Hair and tummies are void, because they're found attractive by both sexes.

I brought up muscles being attractive on men earlier in the thread, and as then, I will reiterate that most men wouldn't care if a woman felt his biceps and even if he doesn't, it's not the same as grabbing a groin or breasts.

At least, I don't react the same way when someone grabs my ass or crotch as when someone grabs my arm. ;)

(Edit to clarify my point: if the majority of men has six packs and uber pecks, it could be related to a woman's breasts. Since most guys don't have rock-hard bodies, they're not as targetable. The same could be said for genitalia; if most women didn't have genitalia when the vast majority of men did, their genitalia would be more at risk of being fondled.)

6. Triactus

Media:
    Finding something attractive and fondling it are two different things. And giving that in a public place, it's more of a hit and run kinda thing, I would expect the men to go to the key places right away and skip something like the hair (which I doubt the men would fondle in the first unless making out or something).

Going back to the topic, I think men are MUCH more likely to fondle the opposite sex (yes, some women do it, but in less number then men, I would believe). So the reason they added a cart was for women would were tired of being touched.

And Shoshino, yes you have an experience with touching women, but the subway and a bar where most women are on the prowl or already drunk is not exactly the same thing. Also add the cultural aspect to it and I think we have a clearer context.

7. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    lol - quite the contrary, I would think ... I can't speak for women, but virtually every square inch of a woman's body has the potential to reduce a man to grope-happy imbecile. ;)

Also, we're talking about private parts here, essentially. No one is going to be arrested and charged with groping for touching a man or a woman on the shoulder. That's reserved for overtly erogenous zones - the genitals, butt, and boobs, basically. Any unwanted contact in other areas will most likely be viewed as some kind of non-sexual assault, if anything. i.e., not groping.

Grab a man or woman's genitalia, get arrested. Grab a man or woman's butt, probably get arrested. Grab a woman's boobs, very likely get arrested. Touch a man's chest (sans boobs), and if you complain to authorities, you'll very likely be asked "Did she hit you there or what? I don't get it."

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've never filed a police report when a woman has grabbed my genitalia. Generally I've really never minded the ... intrusion.

9. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

This is probably the real genesis for most of the argument here. The same reason male rape (when it actually happens) isn't taken as serious by the general population.

Partly it rings true, I know a lot of men who think they wouldn't mind if a woman grabbed his junk, but few women who think they wouldn't mind if a man grabbed her breasts. I personally have had women grope me before and it's not very pleasant... maybe if the groper was a super model... but I digress, the people who grope generally aren't attractive. Certainly most people are uncomfortable with groping regardless of the attractiveness of the groper. Speaking from personal experience, I had a female boss of mine grab my buttocks, not very pleasant. It wasn't exactly embarrassing for me, it was on her head (or rather, my ass), but it certainly isn't an arousing or pleasurable touch.

Following from that, it might be a reason why women are less interested in groping. It seems to me that people want what they can't have. Many women want married men, unavailable men, uninterested men, etc. Groping is a way of getting something that someone doesn't want you to have. If the other person wants you to have it, is the motivation as great?

Shoshino likes this.
  10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Rahkir, if you want a model to grope you... you need to use Axe.

11. Triactus

Media:
    I did. It doesn't work like in the ad... :cry:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.