1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

In what situation would you commit suicide.

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Khazraj, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I don't think that I would call it a John Wayne theory, but being uncomfortable with the reactions that close ones may exhibit can be scary. It also shows how much we expect from them and how much we want them to say the things we want to hear (which may not be the best...)

Seriously talking about problems helps. My younger sister had her husband walk out on her with their son (who has Cerebral Palsy) claiming she was a slut after other men when it was him who was womanising. He even had other of our family members "convinced" (in her eyes) that everything he said was true. Slowly and surely through talking with those who care for her she realised that what she was seeing and feeling was not all correct. We know what she's like better than him...

Perhaps you should try to get your close family members to hear how you feel and say what you want to say even if it is "emotional" or a "hot topic", because they know you best and they will listen.

All the advice that others have given about (especially from the ladies) is all very true and useful. Hang in there and give it a go.

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

By The John Wayne Theory, I meant that society in general has put pressure on men (partly through our own fault of not bucking the image) to be very much like one Marion Michael Morrison and "Stand tall, be tough, let nothing bother you"
    To act like nothing matters except being tough and not crying or showing much human emotion. I'd be hard pressed to show you a guy who has never once been told, in the face of such grief, to "Get over it/Move on/There's plenty of other fish in the sea". Granted, I've not sat through a whole John Wayne movie so for all I know, his characters may have been very much the opposite of this image that has been put out there about him.
    But basically, that's the image I was brought up with of a man, simply through not having a father figure outside of TV and movies - Big Boys Don't Cry so i'ts hard to break down that programming after so long

BTW, I do appreciate all the input, thank you to everybody who's helped and apologies for "hi-jacking" this thread

3. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I would commit suicide if I get more depressed than I am now.. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.