1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

In lack of better.... "The arts thread".

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by olimikrig, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@olimikrig:
    Maybe you should apply to be SP's official artisan, and draw some stuff for the site. :D

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dunno if I could live up to the standarts, Fel :p
    (Or if I'd have the gut's to actually oficially apply :shake: )

3. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Angel does have many flaws, but the detail is amazing!

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    THank you, when you put it like that I might redo it some day :grin:

By-the-by I'm counting on getting to upload a pack of newer drawings monday night (gmt +1) . Most are character desing, an advanced sketches (i.e. fadding, but sloppish fading), and 3 or 4 major drawings in working process.

I prefer your Grunge sig the Eldular, well done :thumb:

5. olimikrig

Media:
    Okay, here's a few new ones, though none are really done (really haven't been up for drawing much as of late)

My grandpa Some of the shadowing is still somewhat "rough", but I dare not draw at this one, lest I feel at my outmost best.

Arwen This drawing is in very eraly stages of the making. It's a great example on how I work when dealing with larger surface's (it's A3). A gitter is applied to the drawing, 1.5cm/0.6inches or so, you then calculate how big the boxes would be in a larger (or smaller) scale, and apply the appropriate number of boxes in the right scale on a blank paper. Then you copy the original box by box. It's a good way if you want to go really into details. The roughness of the shading is due to that the drawing is made on akvarel paper, which is "rougher", - felt like trying something else :)

Torture Thought of Eldular, and somehow this is what came to be :rolleyes: :evil: - Wanted to try something a wee cartoonish for a change, twas much fun to do. It contains quite some errors, but it doesn't really bother me.

Orc Well, some character design, as the tittle says, it's simply an Orc in profile.

Dargon Some advanced sketching, I'm planning on making a drawing baced on this one day.

Now, someone of you out the must have drawn something worth posting ;) . I made this thread mainly because I wanted to see what you've made :p , - so post damn it! :grin:

[ September 29, 2005, 15:29: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

6. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

They all have their errors of course, but the detail and shading is great IMO. Arwen one looks alot like the real Arwen. My fav would be the Dragon one. Oh, the torture one. When you thought me, what the HELL were you thinking? That is creepy, but great detail and shading, the best in that area out of all of them IMO. Now go do some landscape drawings and use color :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.