1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Impurity (poem)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by ChickenIsGood, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] My mind is currently racing,
    Like water, splashed off a face,
    Into a pooling and stained basin.

Tainted.

Through a dark and dreary drain,
    Not alone, but 'companied,
    With telltale signs of pain.

Falling.

With no control of destination,
    And just one wish,
    One simple supplication.

Closure.

From the thoughts that keep me down,
    The kind that drag you in,
    Intentless, save to see you drown.

Escape.

I do not wish to merely cope,
    But to cleanse, and finally live,
    A life that's filled with hope.

There it is, quick and unrefined. And yes, I do realize that 'intentless' is not a word, however it just felt right. Obviously a couple stanzas (I figure ABA means I can call it poetry :p) are weak and the end doesn't really flow right. But I like it.

Anybody that knows how to write, feel free to critique... Heck I suppose I should open that option up to my peers, that is, those without writing skills.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Caradhras likes this.
  2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Does having a degree qualify anyone? I wonder. :p

Anyway, I'm convinced poetry is not just about technicality and prosody but that first and foremost it has to be felt. Rules are meant to be broken once you've mastered them, that's just what style is about so there is nothing wrong in the coinage of a word to express one's feelings. That's what poetic licence is all about, isn't it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.