1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Improved Anvil v3.0 released!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sikret, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

That's nice to hear. Fear of Improved Mind Flayers and hundrers of reloads would've scared me from playing. I need to learn/develop/copy better tactics first :)

2. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@Marvin^42

I fixed the Nishruu problem and applied both changes (i.e. revising the script and changing the XP value to zero).

You are doing a great job by reporting these cases to me. Thanks!

EDIT: I just found some more flaws in Nishruu's cre file and fixed them.

EDIT 2: More similar problems (and more) detected and fixed for summoned Hakeashar, Djinni and Efreeti. (Especially, Hakeashar's cre file had lots of flaws.)

EDIT 3: The XP exploit issue fixed and blocked for all other summoning spells as well.

[ November 14, 2006, 01:00: Message edited by: Sikret ]

3. Marvin^42 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Thanks, I like contributing too. But since I play unmodded, I expect that stuff I notice might already be fixed in your mod, so there might be some unnecessary reports, hope you don't mind :)

4. asaroha Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all.

Off-topic here, but I just decided to go through bg2 again after a long absence, and reading around here this mod seems to be the current flavour.

Unfortunately the download site is down, and though I made the donation to DH, it looks like it's gonna be a while before it's up again.

So I'm wondering if anyone here can provide an alternative download location, or better still email me a copy of the mod to asaroha@netspace.net.au. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

6. asaroha Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thank you to whoever sent me the mod. Much appreciated.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Nice Asaroha, I am glad you can play it now too! I think you should thank Shaitan for it though.

Care to tell us about your experiences of the mod later? I think this mod is one of the best ever made! :thumb:

8. Shaitan

Looks like Silverstar liked IA 3. IA 4 will probably be better, and that's definitly something.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

No no, I did not like IA V3. I actually fell in love with it! Really! I never thought I could have more difficult fights than my old mods offered, but there it is! And with less cheese&cheat, and more quality scripting too!

10. Shaitan

:lol: yeah it's giving me a hard time - from time to time ;)

11. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@asaroha:
    Don't you want to wait for IA v4.0 before starting your game? (I recommend that you do so, because you will need to start a new game after updating the mod to version 4, anyway. And v4.0 is much better than v3.0) Of course, you can start a testing game-session with v3.0 if you wish, but keep checking the mod's forum for v4.0 and start a new game as soon as it is released. I hope that the downlaod center will be working again by the time the new version of the mod is ready.

By the way, a new version of Auramaster Druid Kit is also coming soon.

@Silverstar:
    Thanks for the kind words.

12. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Improved Anvil makes my head hurt. I spent 3 hours (RL) trying to take down Samia & co before giving up and not bothering to get the stuff that makes them show up now (got to go back to the Windspear Hills to kill Firkraag anyway), only to find Tazok was beefier than I remember, he sucked up all my healing potions and memorised spells... then Firkraag's mage buddy decided to re-read his spellbook too! What used to be a nice simple xp giver turned into a nightmare! To quote McDonalds... "buh buh bah buh... I'm lovin' it!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.