1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Improved Anvil v3.0 released!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sikret, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

which indicates more cheat for money and ingredients to forge that certain item too. Moreover, the 6 million XP itself had been a cheat, for sure.

(An F/M with 6 million XP even having that item can cast 4 nineth level spells and Edwin can cast 5 at level 18; not more)

Furthermore, I'm sure that Lionheart has not found the ingredients to forge those items normally. He has cheated at least some of the items. I know what I say based on my information about my own mod; this is not a mere guess.

One other point is that Lionheart said nothing about he defended himself against their spells and attacks. The most difficult of this battle is how you resist their attacks (which have very diverse forms).

The more I read the details of the report the less credibale it looks to me. Winning this battle requires a few certain tactics, but I don't find any trace of them in the report.

One last word with Lionheart:

From the very first day IA v3.0 was released, you left everything else and just wanted to do this difficult battle. Why do you insist on doing the last thing first? why don't you enjoy playing the mod normally? You have already sent three false and artificially composed reports of your battles in this mod. Why? Do you just want to look important in the forum? I just reviewed the Demon Prince's creture file and script and compared it with your report. You have certainly mixed false and true things together to make a false winning report. The way you reported the battle, it would be impossible to win it (even with the cheated items). Please don't waste my time anymore with such false reports. If you had played the mod normally and had played JD plot part1 which is way easier than the fight with demon prince you would have learned more tactics to win the fight instead of sending false reports repeatedly. This is the third time you are doing this.

[ October 12, 2006, 13:22: Message edited by: Sikret ]

2. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sorry if I'm mistaken about this Sikret, as i am still unable to forge the Memory of the Apprenti, but based on its stats, Edwin should get 1+2 from amulet+1 from conjurer + 3 from robe = 7 lvl 9 spells.

3. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I'm not concerned with the number of spells any more, because after checking the .cre files and scripts more closely, I'm now pretty sure that the tactics he reported to us had no chance to win the battle. A few more or less spells don't make any difference.

4. Lionheart Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Sikret:Don´t be so hard,ok?I am just enjoying the component of your modification!
    My party members were all my created characters who had already finished ToB TWICE,so do not be so concerned with their levels,and about the mage,I had Irenicus and I think you know how many 9th level spells he can cast by level 31.
    And about the items,of course I gave the needed ingredients and just forged them.Cheesy?Haha,as your mod is!
    To raise money,you know the way,and I´m sure you´re more experienced than me,in any aspect!
    Ctrl+Y!Wow,I didn´t know that,you are always doing me favor!Haha!
    Looking important on the forum?Not that pathetic.
    And why is my method not impossible to win?I´ve tested it many times and it really works fine!Was my party too strong?(which I think has nothing to do)Because nearly everyone has reached maximum experience,and I really could beat demon prince within 5~10 minutes,with him summoning his minions only 2~3 times,I don´t think that´s so many.Sometime it was possible for my dispelling spells to undo his Absolute Immunity and then it will be quicker.One thing I don´t understand,why does the Judgement Day does nothing to Demon Prince while BBD works perfect to him?Is this some kind of bug?But I followd your order of installation perfectly!Could you tell me something about it?
    Lastly,now that I know how your mod looks like,I will play it very NORMALLY,with your Auramaster Druid as PC,so if you like then I can report my experience to you.I´m not using ANY cheats thi time!!And your mod IS difficult,I´m still not so good with many things in BG2,so I want some hint too!Maybe I will post another poll on the forum if you have patience to hear my case.
    P.S. If I made you angry by cheating your items using GK,ok,my sincerest apologies to you.I was just curious.

5. Sikret Gems: 13/31

As long as you are playing with cheat and cheese, I'm not interested in hearing or reading your reports. As I said, you are just wasting my time, claculating if it is possible to have so many items/spells etc...

Winning a battle with cheat brings no credits for the winner. Try to learn tactics, instead.

6. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

So what´s the right tactics when you are fighting TorGal while you can´t deal with the Greater Bearwear that TorGal summons?
    Sorry,I don´t have enough time to learn how to play a GAME,there´s much better things to learn.What´s my choice then?You are not willing to tell anything?Should I delete your mod?

7. Sikret Gems: 13/31

There is no such monster or animal called "Greater Bearwere" in the game and it is not added by Improved Anvil either. It is actually added by one component of Ease of Use mod (namely, Shapeshifter Rebalancing) which you have installed.

It improves summoned bears. If you want it for your own clerics and druids, you should also be prepared to face the improved summoned bears when enemies cast "Conjure Animals" spell as well. If you don't want imporved summoned bears to be there in the game, the solution is to uninstall that particular component of Ease of use.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I know those Greater Bearweres. They are practically unkillable with damage. Try insta kill spells, or Death spell will wipe them off without a saving throw. :thumb: (since they are still summons no matter how tough!)

I uninstalled Shapeshifter re-balancing. It is ridiculously powerful, and makes your game VERY easy:which makes no sense at all to me!

9. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Just a classic Weimer mod :)

10. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

Silverstar:
    Thanks! I didn´t know that Death Spell will kill summoned monsters instantly until now...
    What...maybe I SHOULD uninstall this component of ease-of-use,these two bears are stronger than a Planater...but why does shapeshifter-rebalancing also affects summoned monsters...
    So,is it normal that while an enemy is in Absolute Immunity but my character can still deal damage by Black Blade of Disaster? I don´t understand. What´s with the demon prince here?

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Now now, don't be so heavy on Mr. Weimer, I like his mods, most of his mods aim to make the game a lot harder and fun. Item Upgrade and that particular component are sole exceptions in their own areas IMHO.

Death spell insta-destroys all summons:including Werebears and Mordenkainen Swords. Death Fog also has the same effect. Note that some minions (conjured demons, devas, planetars etc.) are GATED, not summoned. ;)

You should really get rid of that component. Have you checked on Cernd? With shape shifter rebalancing, he becomes...ridiculously powerful, -25 or better AC, all saving throws are at negatives, insane HP and regeneration, improved attacks, resistances, etc. etc. Out of balance and place! :mad:

I am not sure about BBoD overcoming Absolute Immunity. Heck I do not even know what really Absolute Immunity does. (I never use it anyway) Does it grant total invulnerabilty to all weapons, or can +5 and/or +6 weapons bypass it like other lesser Mantle spells? :confused: The spell description is not clear or my limited English fails me once again. (duh! :p )

12. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

As far as I can remember,PFMW grants immunity to +3 and lower weapons,Mantle is +4,Improved Mantle +5 and Absolute Immunity +6!...
    But,as far as can remember,my +5 Carsomyr has never made its way against a mage who is protected from PFMW......what´s with that?
    There´s many things I don´t understand in this game,so I am hoping that this writer of IA will tell me something,he seems to be very experienced!
    And one more thing to Sikret,should I reinstall your mod if I am to delete a component of ease-of-use?
    P.S. weimer´s mod is very sweeeet!Solaufein is the best mod I´ve experienced.

13. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

In original BG2, PFMW grants immunity to ALL magical weapons (+1 and above), but not to normal, "unenchanted" weapons. Mantle protects up to and including +2, Improved Mantle +3, Absolute Immunity +5. This is standard BG2, somewhere I heard different stuff (such as Abs. Imm. protecting from +6), that info must be from a modified game.

Edit: Thanks to Sikret for correcting me. It seems that I played BG2 too long ago.

[ October 16, 2006, 19:09: Message edited by: Baronius ]

14. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Black Blade of disaster is buggy. It has incorrect enchantment and incorrect damage amount in the original game. It's for a while that I have discovered this bug and have fixed it in my local version of Improved Anvil. It will be available when IA v4.0 is released.

Actually, Mantle grants immunity to +2 and lower enchanted weapons and Improved Mantle grants immunity to +3 and lower. PFMW grants immunity to all magical weapons (but not to non-magical ones) and Absolute Immunity grants immunity to all Weapons with +5 or lower enchantment.

If you have correctly installed IA after all other mods, you won't need to do anything after uninstalling that component of Ease of Use.

15. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

Thanks for the replies!
    Looks like I should have non-enchanted weapon in my inventory too, I´ve again learned something important, thank you guys!
    One another question to go. The thief skill Find Traps can dispell Spell Immunity?? I was in Pirate Hideout yesterday, happened to have turned Party AI off and Jan Janson remained detecting traps throughout the battle. And I didn´t think that I could take a mage with improved invisibility and Spell Immunity Divination out so soon, but his SI weared off in an instant, and I could cast Breach on him and had Valygar kill him. Am I right?
    So Sikret,the battle with the Demon Prince won´t be so easy as I wrote once IA 4 in released,ne? Haha, ok, I will try to find another way to fight it. But by the way, how many Absolute Immunty is Demon Prince supposed to have memorized? I´ve tried it once, to fight him without BBD and after...how long I can not remember, his immunity weared off and I just battled him with Judgement day, defeated it !(Of course, that took enough long for a battle,but because the difficulty level of my game is normal,he didn´t summon so many minions,only twice.)
    That´s one thing, another thing is, can someone tell me why is dispelling spell such as Breach sometimes not working? I cast it, it reaches the enemy, but there´s no response at all, Protection is not removed, and no feedback too! Why is this? Is this some kind of magic resistance? But if I remember it correctly Breach or Pirce Magic or some such, will not be affected by the any magic resistance! Why is that?
    And one last thing of today...Sikret, did some creatures you wrote(including human mage!) have a very high damage resistance? For example a cleric or mage...in illithid cavern in the sewer of temple district, the damage he took from weapons never exceeded 10, did you give him natural damage resistance? I don´t suppose we can obtain such high resistance ourselves...or?
    OK, that´s all for now. Mine seems to be always very long, haha! And always with a P.S.!
    P.S. Sikret, am I spoiling something which you wouldn´t like to?If so,just say it and I can do my asking by another means I think...thanks for your patience!

16. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Yes, though it's the "Detect Illusion" ability which uses the same button.
    Some creatures are immune to 5th level spells.
    The only thing I didn't like was all this talk about the battle with Demon Prince. It is one of the battles which normally happens late at TOB stage of the game. You have cheated everything required for the Demon Prince to Spawn and have started to spoil the fun of the game for people who are playing the game without cheats. They would surely prefer to see everything for themselves when the time comes. The point is that you couldn't even have encountered the Demon Prince had you not cheated. In general, I don't like any reports which depend on cheating in any way. If you want to know more about such battles (which would normally happen very late in the game), send me PMs and let other players enjoy their games without reading unnecessary spoilers.

17. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

Thanks for your reply, though what´s this PM I don´t understand.
    If a creature is immune to certain spells, will there be no feedback such as `Immune to spell` or some such?
    I am playing normally now, and hope will encounter Demon Prince once more. The only problem is that there´s no character in my party who is wielding long sword.
    Belive it or not, I´ve collected the ingredients for Judgement Day and forged it myself (of course,money came from CLUAConsole).I ´ve played the game through in IA version 2 already so I SHOULD have encounterd Demon Prince,although I didn´t meet this JD plot 1 when I came out from WK with Agravadul (how to spell it?). Where is the messenger you mention?
    What´s about damage resistance?

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] PM = private message

There's a "pm" icon on every poster's reply inside every thread. Click it, and you can send the recipient a private message through our message boards.

More info is available in the FAQ at http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html#pm

19. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

I´ve forgotten one important thing, why I haven´t ever met JD plot 1. I forged it when I was playing IA version 2 and then version 3 was released.I just continued to play the old save game in IA 2, but in IA 2 there´s no such thing as JD plot, so that´s why I never met JD plot 1. Though I would surely encounter it in the now-on-going game.

20. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I added codes to my local version of Improved Anvil (the forthcoming IA v4.0) to ensure the following things:

1- Cheating sort of players won't be able to trigger JD plot's encounters by adding/cheating the required itmes into their games (Neither through SK nor CluaConsole). The items must be forged normally by Cromwell or Cespenar; otherwise JD plot will not start.

2- Judgement Day Sword, in particular, cannot be cheated into the game in anyway. It must be normally forged by Cromwell or Cespenar. Even if a player cheats the required ingredients into his/her inventory, Cromwell and Cespenar will realize that they are cheated items and will not use or accept them to forge the item.

Note (1): The difference between No1 and No2 above is that other items required for JD plot can be cheated into the game, but they won't trigger JD plot if they are added by cheat. But, Judgement Day Sword, in particular, won't be cheatable at all.

In this way we will not have any premature spoiling reports of JD plot in the furture (unless of course the cheater is also a modder who knows how to hack my mod and change the codes. Ordinary players don't have modding knowledge to this extent and I don't expect any other respectable modder to do this for a cheating sort of player.)

Note (2): Cheating powerful items into the game spoils the fun of the game for the player for sure, but this is not what I am concerned with. If a player wants to corrupt his/her game by cheating, I don't care at all. It's his/her choice. What I'm concerned with is to prevent sending premature spoilers about adventures/quests/battles which should normally occur at later stages of the game. When the most experienced players who are playing IA have not yet succeeded to reach JD plot in their games, I don't expect a novice player (who has cheated) to start sending all the details of what a Demon Prince says or what spells he has memorized, etc... to the forum.

This post does not address Lionheart or any particular player. It explains a general point.

[ October 19, 2006, 00:08: Message edited by: Sikret ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.