1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Jesper898, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Has anyone else had the pleasure of playing this mod?
    It is simply awesome :)
    It is better than the *real* romances.
    If you dont have it, you should download it.
    It is great :)

2. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

How is it better than the real romances? Give me some more info and I may go for it...

3. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There's a LOT of conversation in it.. And some dream sequencies too.

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] There are so many mods I'd like to play: Imoen, Valen, Kelsey, Solaufein, Tashia. IWD 2 is brand new - here in Europe - so it gets my attention for some time now and on top of that I bought the original IWD & HoW the other day, so I'd want to play that too. :)

When and which BG2 mod will be the first to try?

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Well there are lots of dialogue and new dream sequences as Tasohan already mentioned.
    For example when you get out of the underdark imoen wants you to camp in the area, if you do she will wake you up by throwing water in your face ( :p )
    then you can:
    Chase her for fun
    Chase her to beat her into a bloody pulp
    get angry
    laugh and so on
    if you chase her you catch her and can:
    laugh
    kiss her
    rape her ( :o )
    tickle her
    and beat her
    this mod is so great :)

6. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I agree that this is one of the better NPC mods but I think Lord M went way overboard with some of the things like rape, and should have toned it down.

Although there are all the "good" dialog choices and outcomes. The thing I hate the most about it though is that sometimes Imoen is made out to be like some prostitute and I don't see her character like that.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Gave it three chances, and every time I found it not -worth-it. For one, it treats itself (the content of the mod) as a "joke." If you have tested it, you know there are choises like "sit down and count ants " when there is an important choise to be made; it spoils the roleplaying aspect, which I love in BG2 (and why the romances were implemented).

Second, the romance is too complex for my taste, and in a way too limited. Throughout the game it gives several (~7) choises in different dialogues, which there are about 30, each one of them possibly spoiling the romance. The worst thing is: you get to know it only when you have almost finished the game (SoA), and even then it's done in a rather odd way (choose one):

1) "I want to sleep with you." :shake:
    2) "I want to play guitar with you." :rolleyes:
    3) "I want to count ants with you." :p

Still, it has some good points too... Like the dialogue when she tells about the abuse in Spellhold. Even though I did not like of it, it certainly made me feel something else than boredom. :(

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    cough incest cough...

But it's a great mod! I enjoyed it very much! but I never manage to finish it, I might try it again some day.

hey jesper do you have a savegame that has Imoen romance on it after the asylum because I've done this part so many time that it made me crasy please pretty pretty please?

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    From what I see above, it doesn't really look serious. It could have been a great story and a great experience. However, one mod does not exhaust the matter. There is another in the making, even if I have a feeling that it won't be very close to my preference.

Warning: Whoever starts another incest discussion, will get three pages or a reply. Just so you know :shake:

10. casey Gems: 15/31

[​IMG] Not to start an "incest discussion" but if Lord M wanted to include incest you'd think he could have made it optional. I know it is optional but it didn't have to be no sex = no romance did it? it wasn't that way with Aerie, Jahiera, Viconia, or Anomen.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    After a short but eventful period of my participation in Imoen Romance discussions on TeamBG boards, I would be quite surprised if he didn't make it possible to have romance without sex. But I'm already surprised at the counting ants option. I'd still have to see the context, anyway. Light-hearted lines aren't always banal and shallow.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I enjoyed this mod.

Imoen became something more than *that person who was abducted by the cowled wizards and needs rescuing in chapter 4*. She actually had a personality and something to say every now and then.

13. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

RAPE her?! Not lighthearted, and anyone who thinks rape is funny, amusing, or entertaining on any level is sick. Including the option to rape someone in a game is sick anyway. I don't care how violent the game is, that's way out of bounds. Besides, the other women in your party would gang up and beat you to a bloody pulp, and so would any men who weren't totally evil. If your whole party consisted of evil men, Imoen wouldn't travel with you. So not only is it disgusting and misogynistic, it's also stupid.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ditto, although I wouldn't be so sure about Viconia joining in. ;) She might just take out her whip and have some S/M... :p

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Let's stop this discussion right here, before anyone gets any more bright ideas. :rolleyes:

16. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] You're no fun Tal! :D

[ It's not a fun issue, but a rules issue. Objections to a mod/admin decision should be confined to PMs. ] - Beren

[ I was just being silly... :roll: ] - Blackhawk

[ December 02, 2003, 07:09: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

17. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Best mod I played so far.

Imoen just gets an additional dimension, even if you choose not to romance her.

18. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] Yeah there's also some nice new interactions, she even stole my Ring of Gaxx :p

By the way you can't really rape her, she runs away.

19. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

That's sick. Just think of your own sister (if you have one). There was this other forum where the same kind of conversation was being held. Don't remember what it was or what happened though. I wouldn't get that mod. Everyone who thinks this mod is cool, you should try what it's like being raped.

20. casey Gems: 15/31

You know... I don't really understand why people get so outraged over a romance with someone who is not related to you in any way at all, except for the fact that you both have the blood of a god in you which everyone who plays this mod (ToB required it specifically says so) know that in the end you have to lose the essence anyway if you wan't to finish the romance properly.

And so what if you have an option to rape her? it is ONLY an option. I could walk down the street and see some girl who I could potentially do all sorts of things to including rape but I never have and I never will. why? because.

1. I'm not like all those sick rapists out there
    2. Even if I could do it and get away with it I'd probably feel so guilty and horrible about it that I'd eventually kill myself over it.

And besides all the cruel options you get you don't have to be some evil bastard to her or even have to romance her.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.