1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen romance (no, not that romance)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sparky The Barbarian, May 5, 2010.

?

A Romance For Imoen

1. Sir Anomen: Maybe she brings out his less boring side.

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Minsc: She always wanted a man she could climb on.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Korgan: Sweet lil Immy likes the bad boys.

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Haer Dalis: Seriously, Haer Dalis? Chicks dig Bards.

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  5. Valygar: Dark and Brooding compliments Chipper Imoen.

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Jan Jansen: Always good for a laugh, never boring.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Edwin: Can our impish Immy get him to lighten up?

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Cernd: Love’s the forest. Wolf form = kinky?

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. Keldorn: Immy the home wrecker.

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. The PC: Go ahead, make your spoiler free excuses.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  11. Other: ?

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Our humble male PC gets his choice of three ladies to romance in the course of vanilla Shadows Of Amn. Plenty of mods exist for other NPC females. Our favorite pink haired pixie gets short shrift. Personally I like the Kelsey mod. He will romance Imoen in TOB, (but not in SOA). But if you were to choose one vanilla NPC for Imoen to romance, who would it be and why?

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mazzy -- she's got a great voice.

3. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31

I would love a well written Mazzy romance mod.
    Granted, my Barbarian might need access to a Reduce Person spell for things to get really interesting.

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Actually, I always thought she and Aerie would end up girlfriends. Not necessarily in the romantic sense, though.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't, personally, see anyone truly compatible in a romantic sense with Imoen, but I guess stranger things have happened!

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Imoen and Yoshi shacking up all the way.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Actually, Imoen and Aerie gets quite close to 'best friends forever' with Imoen Romance mod. That mod is great and really enhances Imoen RP wise IMHO.

As for the question, I can't see other official NPCs romancing Imoen and still staying in character. It would be just too weird. (good for a laugh, though.) Hmm, for compatiblity, Nalia is very much like a watered-down Imoen so they may get along well, I hear there was a girl-girl romance mod for Nalia somewhere so she is not totally uninterested, he hee :shake:

8. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31

Yeah, I always imagined Immy and Nalia getting along, even more so that Immy and Aerie: Our favorite Avariel is a little short in the Sense Of Humor deparatment.

Likewise I just don't see any of the other males being compatible, which is why I made this poll.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I voted for Valygar and Haer'dalis. Valygar because his character needs a) lightening up and b) fleshing out. A romance arc could achieve both in a satisfying and character consistent way - and lead to interesting conflicts between Valygar's "vows" and his desires. Haer'dalis was almost a romance choice for female PCs, so an Imoen romance kind of fits by default, and with his character. Other choices seem less workable, and how anyone could serious countenance a Korgan romance baffles me. Actually, didn't someone already make a joke about that? :hmm:

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Valygar. I like that character a lot and I think he would have some great romance potential (if only because of Lavok and the fact that he wouldn't want to get involved with anyone in order not to pass on his curse).

11. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31

Immy has lived in the shadow of Charname most of her life. She'd probably like someone with a developing sense of humor that she can be the boss of.

12. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hm, hm, hm. *puts the shovel down, as she digged the old thread up already and will not need it anymore*.

I voted 'other'. Yoshimo would be great for the drama that would ensue, then again, this drama could be a little overly - dramatic for my tastes (you keep using this word mode off).

Maybe it is the totally non - existent and never - written book by Phil Athans that left me scarred for life, but I think Imoen would really fit into a female/female relationship. As above posters suggested, it would have to be Aerie or Nalia. Imoen's relationship with the former could resemble a romantic friendship, perhaps something shoujo - aish. As for Nalia, I think everyone agrees she needs someone (anyone!) who would make her laugh from time to time, heh. ;)

13. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31

The only problem with the Yohimo / Imoen romance is that if you stick to the time line, once you find her, he's dead. I abhor the Novels and hate to take anything from them. I have no problem with same gender relationships, I just don't see Imoen that way, or perhaps I don't want the reason she and a male Charname never knocked boots to be her sexual preferences.

I've often thought Nalia might be a closet lesbian. Or perhaps that's just my bard being upset and petty because she refused his offer of marriage.

14. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hehehehehe. Do not worry, she turned my CG warrioress down as well. No matrimonium ad morganaticam for the poor gal. Scandalous? Bah, humbug!:D

As for Imoen/Yoshimo - 'tis so, the time line would surely turn out challenging. Not to mention that Chateau Irenicus is a really unlikely place to meet lovers. Still, some hints of what could have been might be nice, I guess. Gah, I hated how nothing happened when the priest took his heart. No ghost? No skeleton popping out? Darn. ;)

15. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    There is a mod for that.

16. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

17. Lignify Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Oh noes Valygar!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.