1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen or Jan?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by sminnis, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Kaenash Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You know I never even thought of a Barbarian..Wonder what kind of character quests that is.

As for you all griping about Imoen, two things:

First off, Nalia is also a Thf/MU. I have her, Jan AND Aerie in the group, sort of overlapping magic users. I don't mind some extra theives and typically run a T formation in dungeon with both theives searching for traps constantly.

A Thf/MU is a great combo, especially early..better hit points, neither can do anything in armour, and both use daggers, darts, slings. So it makes perfect sense to me,

rather than a ftr/mu combo which is sort of like taking a Jeep Cherokee and putting a roll royce body on it. It doesn't make sense.

Second point is this: "Ruining it for you?", god she evolved. She is reaching her magical potential, and has excelled. Even my Fighter has magical powers, so I guess for children of Bhaal that makes sense, don't it?

She is sort of your sister in this. You don't have to help your sister, but quit whining and belly aching about how you can't stand she changed. You are probably the same type who write angry letters when some one on Friends breaks their stereotype or parts their hair differently.

Lastly, JAN KICKS IT OLD SCHOOL! He and Minsc seem to have a special chemistry from time to time.

Minsc is a pretty funny character, and I think him having awesome stats and being hilarious would be too much. Why take someone boring when you can have another blender? Besides, he holds his own.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

She didn't evolve, if she did she would have had the stats I gave her in BG1 not the crap stats she has now for thieving ;)

I like Minsc and Aeriel and is working to be a pretty good combination to have in my party. Minsc lost Dynhaier and thinks he's a failure for not being able to protect her and was looking for a new "witch" to protect, guide and of course, worship. Aeriel got the call, or at least Minsc asked if he could be her witch protecter, which she said yes too! Now dialog is so much different, during battle Minsc says things he's never said before and white text appears above his avatar during battle, all in regards to Aeriel. Too hyped.

Syl...

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] As a fully paid up member of the Imoen fan club I say "give the girl a break" OK so they screwed her stats (she'll always be a perfect 10 thief for me) but that's not the end. There's lots of magic at this level so load her up with invisibilties and she can still do her sneaky stuff.
    Has anyone any experience on how easy it is in BG2 to leave an NPC in an Inn and pick them up again later? I had very mixed luck with this in BG1.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.