1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

immolation chamber

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by werewolf_ph, Oct 29, 2002.

1. IaaA? Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I had trouble with all my characters until I used my sorcerer. With a sorc, you have plenty of spells. I used haste to get away and get enough time to cast a spell. Cast monster level 4, got the fire lizard who is not affected by fire. Went invisible so the monks leave me alone and they fight the fire lizard. Casted fire protection on myself. Casted two more monster level 4's. Recasted protection from fire. All my monsters were dead by the time I finished off the almost-dead last monk. Done without cheats or addons.
    Now, I am in HoF and I hope to have a level 12-14 monk ready in time for this challenge.
    Do I need a higher level monk in HoF?
    IaaA

2. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

With my first party I used my wizard for this chamber. After entering, cast mirror image, animate dead, FIRE SHIELD(BLUE), haste, animate dead. It worked very well for me especially Fire Shield(Blue) is much more effective than any other defending spells.

At my second run, I had a monk. So those chambers were cakes. I didn't even rest until I finished all of them.

[ December 23, 2002, 10:02: Message edited by: ANAKHA the ALMIGHTY ]

3. weiss kreuz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've found an easy way to win the Chamber of Immolation...If you have a cleric or anyone with the spells "Protection From Fire" and "Animate Dead", send he/she to finish the job. As soon as he/she is teleported to the chamber, casts "Protection From Fire" on yourself. Then, quickly casts as many "Animate Dead" spells as possible and run away from the two monks. Let the undeads you summoned finish the job. Meanwhile, all you have to do is evade the Flame Pillars until those two are dead.

4. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

IaaA, I think you would have some problem with 12-14 monk in HoF. My monk was lvl 10(or close) when I beat that chambers and by the end of fight, I was on the red line. IMHO, that could be not enough to beat that two with such levels.

[ December 26, 2002, 10:27: Message edited by: ANAKHA the ALMIGHTY ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.