1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If you were to design a t-shirt for yourself...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Sep 25, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What would it be? A picture, some pattern, a photo or drawing, a funny (or not so funny) line?

Recently, I've been thinking about two for myself. They would probably be black with white text in Latin.

The first one would be 'noli turbare circulos meos'. It means 'don't disturb my circles' - the last words of Archimedes. After the fall of Syracuse, where Archimedes was sort of a chief military engineer, to Rome, Archimedes was still drawing something on the sand and making calculations. The Roman soldier ordered to bring him to his commander entered the stage and Archimedes told him what he told him. The Roman got pissed off and... those became Archimedes's last words.

The second one would be 'intrantes ipso facto excommunicantur' - 'Trespassers are automatically excommunicated'.

That's what Pope Sixtus V ordered written on the door to Vatican Archives. Charming, isn't it? ;)

Also, of more traditional way funny ones:

paladins sometimes remove armour ;)

big shining plate is currently at the armoursmith's

bastard inside

Sarcasm returns in:

Noli me tangere - don't touch me (biblical, related to avoiding close contact with the dead). Sarcasm is in the fact that who will understand anyway? Irony is in that it won't make much difference, anyway :rolleyes: This would be a very special t-shirt, for very special places to go and very special groups confirmed to consist of idiots in great part. A bit similar in idea to: "Don't try to convert me or I will convert you."

Four coffees a day keep the doctor away - one of my mottoes

If you're going to address me as "ya", "pal", "bro'" or similar, don't address me at all

[ September 27, 2003, 11:25: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Oh! This actually got me thinking and if I was going to design a T-shirt for myself I'd have this cute little tiger cub on the front with words across the top saying, "There's a great big tiger inside of me just waitng to get out" and then on the back I'd have a full grown tiger all snarling and clawing and ferocious looking. :grin:

And otherwise I think I'd have a T-Shirt for color guard. It'd be black and on the back in silver writing it'd say the Rangerettes(our "Ranger team" colors are red/maroon, black and silver and color guard members are known as majorettes so our color guard team is commonly called the Rangerettes) And on the front it'd have a picture of two crossed flags (one silver, one red) and up top it'd say, "Give me an R, give an A" And on the bottom underneath the crossed flags, it'd say, "Give me a sabre if you want a real cheer." :evil:

3. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Black t-shirt with a line:
    "If you can read this you're standing too close"
    or
    "Life's a b**** and so am I"
    or
    "Intel inside" :grin:
    or
    "I'm not evil, I've just been in a very bad mood last twenty years"
    or...
    ...sorry out of ideas, but I would continue with something just as cynical.

4. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Mine would say:

"It's been a bad day. Please don't take a picture."

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd rather have my design for a jacket made. On the back it's gota picture of a chicken on a moterbike and at the top it says 'Born Fowl' :grin:

6. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Feminazi

I am not a B*tch, I am The Ultimate B*tch and it is Miss B*tch to you.

Sorcerer's Place-Join the mindless followers of Taluntain at http://www.sorcerers.net

Karl Urban's Personal B*tch

Don't f*ck with me, I have a light-saber with charged batteries

Eze For President

Give me Sean Bean and I will give anything you want

I suck. :p

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can't think of one I want for myself, although I did see a cool T-shirt a while ago.

It was the Nike swoosh, broken in two.

"No Sweat," it read.

8. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

My T-Shirt would have my picture on it with "Arrest This Man" written beneath it.

9. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

If I were to design a T-shirt, then I'd design it exactly the same as I designed the Official Sorcerer's Place T-Shirt.. which I designed.

:)

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And suddenly you're not part of the News Staff, but an SP Merchandise Arist. ;)

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

A black one with a red(fire) dragon on the back. On the front it would say: Holier Than Thou!

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I saw this 'No Fear' T-shirt once emblazoned with 'Live until you Die' on it. That was pretty nice.

A huge, grinning white skull on the front of my T-shirt, ala Punisher!! :cool:

Nah. Just plain black with no slogan, words or whatnot.

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    White T-shirt,

Mathieu Forget [noun] [french noun, Mat-ee-oo, Four-jay]
    1 The very person who own this T-shirt. By far superior in every aspect of your lives.
    2 Known in Sorcerers as Dungeon_Master
    3 If you know this person then you become cool.
    Frequently used in those sentence: ¨I freaking hate you!¨ ¨Where's your homework?¨ ¨Oh! Shut up already!¨ ¨Bla, bla, bla I ain't listening to ya!¨ ¨Sure I know him!, but keep it secret will ya?¨

:evil: :evil: :evil:

14. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Black t-shirt with white text:

"The more people know, the more question they will ask"
    This line applies to the working of political elites. It's a bit cynical, but so very true...

15. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A couple of ideas come to mind.

Will work for coffee (stolen from the famous 'will work for bandwith shirt')

/72 /65 /67 /75 /69 /82

No signs intelligence found here.

011100100110111101101111011101000000110100001010 (translates to root, which is the unix god account)

I got root and I like rm -rf /

1+1=1

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I would create a "Mood" T-Shirt, that had a black rectangle on the front in which different phrases would appear depending on your mood.

Good = :D Happy go Lucky! :D

In-be-tween = :happy: Leave now before my mood changes. :grr:

Bad = :mad: Get bent! :mad:

The little smilies would show up on the shirt too... :rolling:

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I want that "I'm not a *****m I am THE *****, and it's Miss ***** to you!" shirt, too!

Also, "Elf Fetish" would be a great slogan :D

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    @Spellbound: How about "There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't." :D

My e-mail sig would work well on a t-shirt or bumpersticker: "Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change."

But really, my t-shirt drawer is crammed to overflowing. I don't need any more! :roll:

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Probably on front would be: "What winks and ****s like a tiger?"
    With a photo of me winking on the back...

Or "**** me, I'm NOT Irish"

20. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

This is perfect, I actually thought of creating this shirt. Preferably for women.

BEST SERVED COLD

Written right across the chest.

For the mens version, maybe actually have a picture of a particulary perky pair ;) (Hey, alliteration).

That or:
    Front - On the back of this shirt, there are two people having sex.
    Back - Img(c:/JESUS.bmp)
    Just kidding. Jesus is cool.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.