1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If there was a Film...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Dargorn, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    You a grave digger, Nizid. :nono:

One thing that hasn't been mentioned about Vin Diesel is that he actually plays D&D and might take the role because of that.

2. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

They could always to the Beowulf thing. CGI and have the voice actors from the game reprise their roles.

I can't imagine anyone else doing the for, or actually being Jon Irenicus other than David Warner. Same goes for Jim Cummings as Minsc.

3. mata5 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There is only one certainty if a Baldur's Gate 2 film is made, and that's David Warner playing Jon Irenicus.

4. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't know if this has been suggested already, Viconia by Angelina Jolie..... Anyone ever see her play a bitchy character? She does a pretty good job...

5. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Ah, silence. Enough with the reveling already. :D

I for one truly believe there is great potential in making a movie of BG2. The characters are fresh and original, the plot is mindblowingly good and the villain is err... inspirational. ToB must be excluded though, since I believed that to be of lesser movie quality.

But no movie? They make movies of Dungeon Siege for crying out loud. Its story was utter crap. I don't even remember it. :) Someone must have at least had the idea, right?

btw Jolie as Viconia would indeed be awesome.

6. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

I would never want a Baldur's Gate movie made... EVER. They would most definitely ruin it for a few reasons. One being, that Uwe Bolle would probably end up directing the movie. Second is that I believe that you just wouldn't be able to capture the same experience as playing Baldur's Gate. I would never want to see my favorite game "dragged through the mud", so to speak (If it would suck, which I'm 98% sure they would make it, indeed, suck).

7. Elfen Lied

Uwe Bolle? he made what movies? Robert Zemeckis does some good stuff, they should get him to do it.

8. mata5 Gems: 3/31

Alone in the Dark - ZOMG

9. Elfen Lied

Never seen it. Heard about it, but not seen it.

10. mata5 Gems: 3/31

That's good. Don't see it. Ever. And ever, and ever.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. Elfen Lied

Very well then, I shall continue to avert my eyes.

Still I think taking the "beowulf" route might be the best. Who else could do the voices better than the original voice actors? Who could possibly be more "Jon Irenicus" than David Warner? or more "Minsc" than Jim Cummings. I know there is a bit to do with the writing as well, but these two were amazing, I also liked Grey De Liese (not sure of the spelling), who provided the voice for Viconia.

13. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Alone in the Dark was absolutely terrible! I would like to erase all memory of that movie from my head but can't...gah! If Uwe gets his hands on BG I will be most displeased!

I agree about no one outdoing the voice actors but we're talking hypothetical here.

I heartily endorse Vinny D as Sarevok - he has the right blend of menace and charisma, and he has the gravel voice thing going on.
    Having said that, check out this guy from the new incarnation of American Gladiators: http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/bios/militia.shtml
    I haven't seen the show so I have no idea what he sounds like, but he could almost have posed for Sarevok's TOB portrait.

As for Minsc, I recommend Glenn Jacobs. ;) Who? you ask. Some of you might know him better as Kane in the WWE, though he does have a movie credit in some WWE_endorsed slasher flick not long ago. He's 6'8, bald and does a very good berserk. Could he be as jovial as Minsc? Well, Glenn is actually a very smart guy - he has a degree in English Lit and isn't your steretypical meathead wrestler, even if he looks the part. I'm sure he can act enough to be a bit more Minscy. I can just imagine him with a hamster - it'll be like Mice and Men.

14. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    It´s okay, that´s been corrected. He played both Gimli and voiced Treebeard in LOTR. Those two balance eachother out.:cool:
    But JR-D as Korgan? Nope, he´s a good guy. Not a villain. And Rufio, you say? Maybe...
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002364/

15. Cal Jones

I also thought Anomen looks a bit like Jared Leto...

16. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Keldorn - Liam Neeson
    Anomen - Harrison Ford
    Sarevok - Perhaps Vin Diesel, maybe Christian Bale
    Irenicus - Antony Hopkins

17. Elfen Lied

Liam Neeson would be a good Keldorn, ues.

Not sure Anthony Hopkins is right for Irenicus, but based on his work as Hannibal he could definitely pull it off, but I think you really need David Warner's voice.

18. Cal Jones

Well unless it was animated a la Beowulf, (in which case, use the original voice actors!), Tony Hopkins is far too old. Jon Irenicus is pretty buff - he has some impressive pecs and biceps for a weedy elven mage. :p
    Hopkins would have made an excellent Keldorn, 20 years ago...

19. Elfen Lied

Maybe Anthony Hopkins could be Gorion? He seems like a good fit for that character. Though Gorion does die fairly early, but with the dream sequences and that scene from TOB, he does make a few reappearances.

20. Cal Jones

Heck you could get Connery to do that, he doesn't mind the odd cameo. He might make a good Gorion. :)

I like Gary Dourdan for Valygar - he played Christie in Alien Resurrection. He's been in CSI although I don't watch that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.