1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If I were a BG II PC I'd be a...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Athalon, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, you could easily create a PC like Bondari, and lets face it, he sure acts like one :p

2. Caine Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] i'd be seamon havarion if i was anything

3. ikzelion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would be a Gray elf magic user/cleric.

Elves live the longest and that really rocks.

Before my two thousand or so years was up, probably way before like while I was still near my prime, I would capture a vampire and then set him up to die after I forced him to turn me into one. That way I wouldn’t end up as a thrall. I would have the helm of alignment change ready to fit so that I could turn myself back from the dark side after changing into a vampire. Then I would be like the vampire Lestat, going around reading minds to find perpetrators of evil and killing only those individuals for sustenance. All the while I would accumulate power in the form of knowledge and magic items and explore the planes, time lines, and parallel universes as well as the multiverse in my quest not only for magic, power, and immortality, but for understanding and perhaps eventually high technology as well.

Not really so different from Bodhi, except that her imagination seemed limited. I don’t even know why she stuck around there when there is an entire multiverse to explore.

4. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In the D&D 3E Player's Handbook, Elves don't last as long as you seem to think...:

Elves:
    Adulthood - 110 years
    Middle-Aged* - 175 years
    Old** - 263 years
    Venerable*** - 350 years
    Maximum Age - 750 years

*-1 to Str, Con, and Dex; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
    **-2 to Str, Con, and Dex; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
    ***-3 to Str, Con, and Dex; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.

5. ikzelion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Oh well, there's a parallel universe where they last quite a lot longer as the quantum mechanical structure of that physical reality operates more closely in tune to the resonant frequency of the first addition rules, not that the same thing couldn't be accomplished even in a 3rd addition reality. Just have to get turned a bit earlier is all, but once you've got the vampire blood you're good to go.

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

lol the paralel universes theorem :)
    see the thing is, as long as you don't ask how long my elf can live, the possibilities are limitless :p

7. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Two thousand years!!!!!!!!
    What would you do with all that time. Sure yo can talk about self improvement and being really active but lets face it, you spent about 100 hours playing a video game (so did I for that matter). how many of those years do you think you would really spend doing cool stuff and how many of those years do you think you will spend playing BGI and BGII over and over again (maybe EQ).

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] I'm pretty sure there is a dice roll that you put ontop of the max 750 years (if you live that long that is) so you might be able to extend your life to around the 1000 years. Though they got quite a age decrease anyway, really sad :(

9. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hmph. If we are talking about ROLEPLAYING, than I guess there wouldn't be stats like these in any game. I think the roleplay is when U are able to manage and develop a normal character, not some half-god, who has only 17 or 18 stats And of course there are tricky players as well, they say: well, my character IS balanced, look, he has a low ability! And then they reduce the CHA to 6. Great roleplay. lol:nolike:

10. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I am looking at the 2E PHB right now. according to this elves have a max age of 354-750 (350 + 4d100) years. However, it also says that elves that reach this age do not die. They instead are compelled to migrate to some other 'mysterious place' and therefore departing the world of men. can anyone say "definitive proof that AD&D is based on LOTR"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.