1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ideas for Jalerho's Super Magic Fun Shop

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dakkon Darkblade, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you do make it powerfull, make some restrictions like 'only usable by...', 'inflicts (x) damage to wielder', whatever.

The Night's Caress sounds realy neat! This 'enchanted backstab' was something i realy missed in the game.
    And I still would like to see some of the scimitars as been described in the thread i linked some posts up...

2. Izaad Guest

there need to be more "roleplaying" items. Like, you know (if im spoiling things im sorry) Elminster's pipe in the shark (can't spell the name, won't try) city, i took it, just for the hell of it. It should have some property like: once per day, user gains regen for 1 hour or something like that(a guess). Something somewhat pointless, but fun for the sake of roleplaying, like alcohol in taverns, Ive never gotten anything usefull from any rumors, but you can still get hammered.

3. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Undead's Redeemer

It has been said that centuries ago, a pact have been made between three strangers. An armorer, a priest, and a paladin named Ariel. They shared a common grief, a love one who was turned into a vampire. For the armorer it was his son. For the priest it was a friend. And for Ariel, his father. With the Ariel's helmet, 2 diamonds, a scroll of protection from undead, and their desire to give the undeads their rest, they forged the Undead's Redemeer.
    With the Undead's Redemeer, the Ariel was able to give hundreds of undeads their due peace. The Undead's Redeemer was later passed on to the Ariel's son, who have followed his fathers footsteps. But with one flaw, he is killing them out of hatred not for thier redemption. This flaw have cost him his life and the disappearance of the helmet.
    Rumors has it that the helmet was found and the diamonds were stolen. But whether this is true is yet to be confirmed.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities (While Equipped):
    -Increases Turn-Undead ability by 2 levels
    -Immunity to Level Drain
    -Immunity to Charm
    -Cast Protection from Undead 2 times a day
    -Cast Hold Undead 2 times a day

AC Bonus: +1
    Special: Protects from Critical Strikes
    Weight: 5
    Type: Helmet
    Requires: 10 Strength
    Usable By:
    Paladins
    Undead Hunters
    Clerics (Dual or Multi-Classed)
    Must be of Good Alignment

* Cromwell will forge the Undead's Redeemer for you if you have Ariel's helmet, 2 diamonds, and 1 scroll of protection from the undead.

This idea was actually a combination of Diablo's socket-item and BG2's Cromwell. It has some nice abilities and class specific for role-playing experience. Hope you guys like it.

4. Crystallize Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Bane of the Skeleton

A mighty warlord commissioned this bow when there was a great war between him and the minions of the great demi-lich Vecna, which were growing too powerful, and day by day the numbers rose by the thousands. It destroyed all undead which attacked his stronghold until one fateful day he was overrun, and the bow was captured.Vecna decided to embue the bow with all the souls of the undead it slew, so cursing it for eternity. The magic in the bow was too strong for even Vecna however, and still retained some of its previous potency.

Stats:

Special Abilities:
    - Slays all undead (including liches vampires etc.) with no save
    - Needs no ammo
    - 'Protection against evil 10' radius'
    - 10% Chance of draining 40% life of wielder and passing it to nearest enemy
    - 10 'Sunray' Charges per day
    - 10% chance of 'Summon Fiend' against weilder
    - -2 Constitution

THACO: +5 bonus
    Damage: 2D4 + 5
    Damage type: piercing
    Weight: 8
    Speed Factor: 3
    Proficiency type: Composite Bow
    Type: 2-handed
    Only usable by:
    Archer
    Lawful Good alignment

(Got too carried away with special abilities.. u may want to edit some :) )

[This message has been edited by Crystallize (edited April 06, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Crystallize (edited April 06, 2002).]

5. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Rurik's Shadow Bane +:

Special Abilities:
    - Improved Haste once per day.
    Shadows, including Devil Shades, Shadow Fiends etc, must take save vs death with penalty of 4 or die.

THAC0: +4 bonus
    Damage: 1D12 + 4
    Damage type: Slashing
    Weight: 4
    Speed Factor: 3
    Proficiency type: Katana
    Type: 1-handed
    Not usable by:
    Mages
    Clerics
    Druids

6. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

SHINJO'S BLADE +3
    Ninja-To

The thief/assassin Yunato Shinjo led a band of guerilla ninjas against the marauding ogres sweeping the countryside near the city of Nojii. Creeping out on cloudless nights, Shinjo and his men would sweep down upon the ranks of slumbering monsters, slaying a few at a time. It was fabled that Shinjo payed a mage to place an enchantment upon his blade, which allowed him to move quietly and swiftly. Although heralded in battle, Shinjo never realized how deceitful a person could be. Growing ever jealous of the charismatic leader, Shinjo’s second-in-command slit his throat, claiming his magical sword. Unfortunately for him, the sword cut of his right hand and he fled, never to return.

Special Abilities:
    Increase Backstab (once per day): Backstab multiplier +1 per 5 levels achieved.
    Shinjo’s Price (once per day): User regains 60% HP, all others in party lose 30% HP

Equipped Abilities:
    +2 Cha
    +2 Dex
    +1 Str
    -2 Wis
    -2 Int
    -1 Con
    +20% Hide in Shadows
    +20% Move Silently
    +5% Pick Pocket
    +10% Find Traps
    +5% Set Traps
    -25% Detect Illusion
    +5% Open locks

THAC0: +3, +5 to Orogs, Ogres, and Trolls
    Damage: 1D8+3, +5 to Orogs, Ogres, and Trolls
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Weight: 3
    Speed Factor: 1
    Profiviency Type: Scimitar/Waziashi/Ninja-To
    Requires: 12 Str, 12 Dex, 12 Cha
    Usable by:
    Neutral-Aligned Thieves

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited April 07, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited April 07, 2002).]

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Tons of cool item ideas here, but is anyone actually making any? If so, send them to me so I can put them on SP...

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 07, 2002).]

8. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

Katsushiro's Lich Bane

This mighty 2-handed katana once belonged to the famous Kensai Katsushiro. While Katsushiro was learning the Kensai's arts in the Kuh-Bah-Sah temple, the Liches invaded their land. He was forced to be drawn into battle. The Kensai's of Kuh-Bah-Sah fought bravley against the Liches, but when the Demi-Liches arrived there was nothing to do but run. Althought Katsushiro an his master Shingen
    took battle and killed half of the Demi-Liches army. He realized that he was to badly injured to return home; so he gave his sword to Shingens son, Kyuzo. But Kyzuo was too greedy; he took the sword for himself. But one day, he was attacked by brigands in the woods and was slain by a dagger in his chest. The sword went with the brigands and hasn't been seen since that day... exept for now that is.

Special Abilities:
    Twice per day, Protection from Undead
    Once per day, Sunray
    Once per day, False Dawn

Equipped Abilities:
    . -1 Dex
    . Wielder gets Negative Plane Protection.
    . 30% Magic Resistance
    . Immune to the Imprisonment spell.

!Strikes as a +5 weapon!
    THAC0: +3, +6 to Liches, Shade-Liches and Demi-Liches
    Damage: 2D10+3, +6 to Liches, Shade-Liches and Demi-Liches
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Weight: 10
    Speed Factor: 9
    Profiviency Type: Katana
    Requires: 19 Strength
    Usable by:
    Fighters, multi and dual aslo.
    Rangers, not stalkers or beastmasters.

This is really an item that I want :D

Cheers mates.

9. Crystallize Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Donkey Kong's Hammer

One day, a magical hammer fell from the sky. It had an ENORMOUS black head, but a relatively normal wooden stick attached. A small child picked it up, and thought it was funny, so started bonking people on the head.

Special Abilities:

Goes "bonk" when it hits someone.
    100% hit chance (How could anyone miss with such a huge hammer?)

THAC0: +10
    Damage: 1d2, +10 vs chickens and cows
    Damage Type: crushing
    Weight: 1 (How could a child carry it otherwise?)
    Speed Factor: 5
    Profiviency Type: War Hammer
    Usable by:
    Anyone

(I would LOVE to use this weapon :D make it look the size if possible.)

Mithril Dragon Plate

Created by the great dwarven weaponsmith Silverblade, the only piece of armor he created. The scales were brought to him by a group of elven mage-lords who had hunted down and killed the great dragon Kerafym. Silverblade then slowly using the Crom Faeyr molded it into a coat of armor. He was not satisfied however, and with the help of a drow friend coated the armor with a mix of silver dragon's blood, mithril and adamantine. He finally begged the help of the great god Mystra to forge the armor with protection spells. After 13 years, the platemail was complete.

Special Abilities:

- Immune to all weapons except for those of +4 or better enchantment
    - 90% protection from all elemental damage and returns back to the source
    - 25 Strength
    - Protects wearer from any offensive spells except for those of level 8 or above
    - Immune to all death and petrification spells
    - Unidentifiable

Armor Class: -8
    Requires: 18 Strength
    Required level: 35
    Weight: 50
    Usable by:
    Cavalier

lol better than the [TOB Special Magic Cookie Armor (u know what i mean)] It had better cost like 1,000,000 gold :D Or maybe the description and everything is for leather armor, but the real attributes remain! That'd be funny

[This message has been edited by Crystallize (edited April 07, 2002).]

10. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] ok heres my idea. dont go berzerk at me for formulating a two handed sword, ok?

Blade of Asuryan +4

Special Abilities (while equipped):
    Magic Resistance 25%
    Protection From Evil while equipped
    Protection from Normal Weapons while equipped
    Immunity to fire and fire spells
    Sunfire once per day

THAC0: +4 Bonus
    Damage: 1D12+4, +4 fire damage
    Damage type: Slashing
    Weight: 15
    Speed Factor: 2
    Proficiency type: Two-Handed Sword
    Type: 2-Handed
    Usable By:
    Elven and Half-Elven Fighters (Multi class also) above level 15

Wielded by the long dead Phoenix King Asuryan the Sacred Flame in ages past, it was the bane of all before him. Asuryan was the friend of the Blue Dragon Minath'nir and using his firey breath, forged this highly potent and ever-keen blade.

When the King fell in battle against the foul and evil Orcs, and travelled to Faerun with them. They found (to their surprise) that if they tried to wield the blade in combat that it would lash out with tongues of fire against the holder. It was later discovered by Lithuin the Adventurer, the famous Elven Orc-Slayer, that it could only be wielded by he and his kin.

It has travelled far and wide and is desperately sought out by Elven Fighters everywhere.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    hmm, obviously the king was a goodie ... how comes he's so friendly with an evil blue dragon ? ;)

12. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

Dras Bullneck's Defender

Equipped Abilities:
    . Weilder is immune to normal weapons
    . Memorize one extra 8th level spell
    . Immune to Imprisonment & Maze spells.
    . Secret Word on whoever gets hit by the spear.

THAC0: +4
    Damage: 1D12+4, +8 vs Clerics, Mages, Bards and Druids
    Damage Type: Piercing
    Weight: 5
    Speed Factor: 7
    Profiviency Type: Spear
    Requires: 16 Strength
    Usable by:
    Fighters, multi & dual also
    Rangers, multi & dual also
    Mages, multi & dual also
    Bards, multi & dual also

This is really an item that I want too :D

--------------------------------

Silke's Mage Bane

Equiped Abilities:
    . Wielder is under Non-Detection
    . Once per day the dagger can add x1 to wielders backstab
    . -1 Int
    . +1 penalty to AC

THAC0: +5
    Damage: 1D4+5, triple damage vs Mages and Sorcerers.
    Damage Type: Piercing
    Weight: 2
    Speed Factor: 0
    Profiviency Type: Dagger
    Type: 1-Handed
    Requires: 6 Strength, 16 Dexterity
    Usable by:
    Thieves of Good alignement

Want this one too :D

Cheers.

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To Tal: I may make some of those if you want.

About SHINJO'S BLADE +3 - it is actually impossible to make bonus THAC0 or damage on Ettins. The problem is that SoA doesn't have Ettin class nor race. Because of that, you would have to edit RACE.2DA or CLASS.2DA tables and SAHOTY01.CRE which is file for Ettin. However I wouldn't do that - such editing of these tables would make your weapon not compatible with ToB nor mods. Sorry. Good idea on a weapon, but impossible to realize it in elegant way.

14. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

Oh, alright. I'll edit the decription a tad. Check it out, now.

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Hey! For such quick reply you've deserved to get such item. I'll make it tomorrow.

I'm not sure for the Price and Backstab abilities, but I'll see to if it is possible.

16. yappie! Guest

TAL/EXTREMIST: I have quite a bit of experience in creating items, could i help and supply any?

cheerio
    yappie gopher

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Make them all and submit to Tal.

I've already mailed you unfinished Shinjo blade.

If you have any questions on which parametars mean what in certain effects or spells, post here or mail me.

18. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

EXTREMIST---Were you able to get everything I posted for Shinjo's Blade +3? If not, what did you leave out? Kudos for the creation, I was just wondering how it turned out. BTW, where can I get these weapons that have been created by various people?

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited April 11, 2002).]

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Nothing was yet left out. I haven't finished the item due lack of free time I'm using to proceed with SP fixpack. I did made the effects on skills which works nice, plus made the unusability for all non-thief classes. Also I left "empty" 6 slots for one ability and one slot for second ability - this can vary of course. But I haven't made the abilities.

If you ask me your item is very possible, but I'm not sure if the game engine will allow such backstabbing bonus. I mean, somehow I feel there is a "cap" to backstab modifier.
    When item is finished, it will be of course tested which will show what works and what doesn't.

The unfinished item was mailed to yappie who obviously has a lots of free time. If he fails to make both abilities, I'll finish the item this weekend because this weekend Tal will receive new version of the fixpack... bigger, badder, exploitkiller ;)

20. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

Great. Will this new fixpack be retraoctive: i.e., wil it fix my saved games and be compatible with the fixes I got from Baldurdash? I STILL have a bug with the bag of holding: if I enter the Docks or Promenade (and i assume) other areas as well, 80-100% of the items in the bag and one of my scroll cases dissappear. VERY ANNOYING. I am in Underdark now and already have to place some excess junk in the Bag of Holding. I really need that fixed!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.