1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale II Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Mar 8, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Mollusken)

JE Sawyer, Lead Designer

Unique bucklers:
    There are three unique bucklers in IWD2 at three different power levels.

Barbarian: The monk and sorcerer are considered classes, but the barbarian is tricky; it's "half a class". For some weird reason, it's sometimes considered a kit in code, sometimes considered a class. It doesn't have it's own class ID, so at a basic level, it's a kit.

3rd Edition classes: Well, Darren was looking into 3E multiclassing options, but I don't know if that was a fruitful endeavor. I'll try to find out what's going on later today.

Kevin Osburn, Designer

His role:
    Basically, what I do is I backup the other producers on Icewind Dale II, which are Darren Monahan (producer) and Doug Avery (associate producer). I generally check in with them every few days to see if I can help them out with and make their workload a little lighter. One of my daily duties is managing our buglist that quality assurance team provides. It is important that I work closely with the QA project supervisor on all issues regarding the testing of the game. With regards to the buglist, I also need to make sure the bugs are being fixed on developments side. So I also try to meet daily with the designers, programmers, and scriptors to get bug updates. I also keep an eye on the traffic our message boards get (BIS Message Boards) while answering questions from our fans, that is the answers I can actually give. I also get many other cool tasks.

Short development update: As to what parts of the game are finished, the items are pretty much finished besides a few balancing tweaks. We are still working on the other parts of the game, but I can say we have implemented some cool stuff that we haven't yet talked about which we will soon. Sorry for being vague, but that is all the information I can give at this time.

New interface: We are still working on it guys and gals. As soon as it is ready to be unveiled, believe us, you will know.

Damien Foletto, Junior Designer

Drow:
    No, you will not be forced to have your Drow be an evil alignment.

Chad Nicholas, Scriptor

Open GL:
    I know that Bernie Weir (our Lead Programmer) has fixed several OpenGL bugs, I don't know if he's fixed "all" the problems. I did see quite a few OpenGL bug fixes early in IWD2's dev cycle. Just so you know, I test the game with OpenGL on all the time and haven't had any issues with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.